McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

2.6

IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in June 2014.

Contact firm via posting on CareerBuilder.com. HR consoler contacted me within a week of submitting resume. Consoler was very upbeat and pleasant, asked about location preferences and salary requirements. Follow-up call a week later to schedule interviews with partners. Conducted telephone interviews with partners separately. Both partners were very open and approachable, very pleasant conversation about my experience. Later I had a follow-up conversation with a IT Director, also very pleasant conversation around my experience. Two weeks later flew into office for face to face in interview with partners and selected staff. Very nice people and firm.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were non-technical, more interested in experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I met the firm at a career fair initially applying for an internship postion. I ended up interviewing with the firm on campus and was accepted to their leadership program. At the program the firm interviewed for internship positions. The interviews were certainly a surprise to the candidates as the interviews were not shown explicitly on the schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Not very technical questions. The most difficult questions for me were behavioral questions, but with a few good stories in mind they become easier to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP in April 2014.

applied through school. got a campus interview which was very relaxed.. 30 mins not hard at all if you are familiar with the company and its values.. after 3 weeks i got an email to do an office interview. 3 interviews back to back each about 30 mins each.. relaxed and conversational

Interview Questions
    • n/a. all questions were very easy to answer.. there wasn't any technical questions... just be prepared to keep the conversation going bc there will be a moment of silence if you do not have any questions for them. also be prepared to answer behavioral questions   Answer Question
    got a call from my recruiter with an offer. she emailed me the offer and gave me 3 weeks to decide

Javascript Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2014.

I did an initial phone interview with the hiring manager where we talked about my past experiences, the job, exceptions, and salary for over an hour. The team was currently three members, with two of them in Chicago and one in Minneapolis, I would be working out of the Des Moines office. About a week later I moved on to a technical interview with two of the members of the team I would be working with. Conversation went very well for well over an hour, until we got to salary. I told them the same thing I told the hiring manager, but the conversation/interview abruptly ended there. Two weeks later I got a call from the original hiring manager that they were going to go with a local person. Three days later I got an alert from their website saying a new job was posted, which was the same one.

Winter Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in August 2014.

I got the interview after participating in the Summer Pathways Program. I interviewed with two people, 30 minutes each. It was a conversational type of interview. They asked me typical questions like "tell me about yourself," "why audit?" "why Mcgladrey" and one behavioral question. It was very relaxing, I was very myself.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2014.

I got the phone call from the recruiter almost the day after I applied for the position online. The recruiter asked some basic questions such as background, job expectation, summary of past experience, totaled 15 minutes. After I told her that I was scheduled for an on-site interview the next week, she scheduled an interview with them immediately.
    The interview was with two directors and one partner. One director seemed pretty serious at the beginning. No specific technical questions or behavior questions asked. Just briefly talking about my past experience, career interests, etc. Another director was more doing the promotion of the company, talking about how great it was to work for this company. Also tried to feel your personality. Finally the partner interview was a bit rough. He came in telling me having not looked at my resume, and asked me to tell him about myself. Tips is to stay calm when interviewer showed less interests in you. He also asked about how I supervised other accountants, some projects I worked on, research skills, etc. He showed more interests as our conversation progressed. I got an offer about three days later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Be familiar with your past experience.   Answer Question
    I was offered more than I expected so I didn't negotiate.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2012.

Met with recruiters at a college campus recruiting event. Then was asked to lunch with one of the firm's partners and one of the directors. Was later asked to come to the office location and met with several of the senior staff, shook hands with partners. Also toured the office location and was taken out to dinner.

Interview Questions
    • General questions - Tell me about yourself. What made you decide to major in accounting?   View Answer
    • What are your greatest strengths? Weaknesses?   View Answer
    I should have asked for more. As a college student I knew what other students were getting, and my offer was in the range. But I worked my way through college while holding down several part-time jobs and had prior accounting experience at a private company. If I had emphasized my experience level, I would have set myself apart from the other student recruits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I knew someone who worked in the office and they passed my resume on to HR. I had a simple phone interview followed by an office interview with 2 directors / Senior managers. The interview was very conversational and just looking to see how I would fit in with the firm. There were no technical questions or behavioral questions but more just trying to learn about my personality and working habits.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question to answer was just how I think I fit into their culture. With someone coming from very little work experience it was difficult for me to think of things that would add value to their firm.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

They have definite age restrictions. They like younger people to train and help with their process.
    They have quite a big turnover and have many international spots. They are flexible with the work schedule and easy to work for regarding time.

Interview Questions
    • there were no suprises. I do not remember the process it has been to long.   Answer Question
    They approached me to work many years ago. There was not an personal interview process.They were very friendly on the phone interview. The FDIC needed me to help on a project.

Sumemr Tax Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Applied to the Pathways Leadership program on campus and was invited to participate in the program after a 30 minute on-campus interview. I had met the recruiter before so the interview went well. I participated in the two day program, and following the conclusion of the program I interviewed with one of the partners of the tax practice. Two days later I received an offer to join the company next summer in the tax department. I had a very positive experience with the company and I am looking forward to joining the company next summer.

Interview Questions
    • Have you applied to or considered working for the Big 4?   Answer Question