McGladrey LLP

2.6

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Spoke with them at campus career fair. I was told to apply through both the McGladrey website and the university website. Invited to campus interview and a dinner at an up-scale local restaurant the night before. Each table a the dinner was a mix of candidates, partners, and associates.

The on-campus interview was 30 minutes with a partner. Relaxed interview, went over my resume and experience. Maybe 1 behavioral question. I received an invitation for an office interview within a couple of days.

The office interview started in the morning in the conference room with all the candidates interviewing and the campus recruiters. Basic ice-breaker stuff, introducing ourselves, playing a trivia game, plans for the weekend, etc. I then had two 45 min interviews back to back. The first with a manager and the second with a partner. From what I gathered interviewers at this stage do not follow a script and the style varies from person to person. Both of my interviews were conversational (Why do you want to work here? Why accounting? Why Audit, etc.) There was maybe one behavioral question in each interview (Tell me about a time when...). If you have gotten to this point they are pretty sure you have the technical skills and they are trying to see if you are a good fit personality wise. After the interviews were over, they had some of their newer associates take us on an office tour and then out to lunch at a nice restaurant. I did not even make it back to school before the campus recruiter called and extended a job offer.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

On campus interview was with a partner, typical behavior questions. Shortly after I was invited to office visit. About 40 of us were interviewing, 3 back to back 30 min interviews. I thought they went well, almost entirely conversational, the last of the 3 definitely went less smooth than the others. Got a 'thanks but no thanks' email a few days later.

Consulting Interview

I met the company at career fair and got invited to the on-campus interviews. Everyone I met from McGladrey was very welcoming and not intimidating, which made it easy to communicate and be yourself around them. I got to meet my interviewer the night before at a social event. The on-campus interview included a case study (they just want to see the way you think) and mostly behavioral questions. After the on-campus interviews, I got invited to a pre-interview reception and the in-office interview. Most behavioral questions and conversational interview to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions. Basically just be yourself and show how you would be a great fit to the company. Show that you have a great personality and that you are interested in learning and growing professionally.   Answer Question

Full Time Interview

Was given a Tour around the office after meeting with your assigned buddy. This was follwoed by two short interviews. After the interviews you will go back to the room with all the other interviewers and learn more about the form. Maybe a partner will come in and tell you about his/her experience. They then took us to lunch where we were able to further learn about other employees.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

A pre-interview social the day before the interview. Mainly just talking to the tax manager and taz director about just anything in general. It was just a social event to see if you were able to carry on conversations. The next day was the on campus interview with the Tax director for 30 minutes. The HR and a greeter will be there to talk to you before the interview. The interview was really conversational with not a single behavioral question. It made me question how they really evaluate you as a candidate. They basically just hire the person they like I guess. The interview was enjoyable and the interview ended up went 20 minutes over time because I was the last one to be interviewed. I did not get a invitation to the second round interview and I have no idea what I did wrong.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Mcgladrey?
      Why Tax?
      Are you going to be in the area?
        View Answer

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

On campus interview for their office in NY. They have a no stress interview which means they don't ask you questions. So unless you have a really awesome partner you can gel with the interview can get really awkward. My best advice is just to let them do all the talking.

Tax Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I was called within a few days of submitting my resume for an in-office interview. I met with a manager for an interview that lasted over an hour. It was very casual and we mostly talked about my schooling and current job and my attitude towards public accounting. I received a call two days later with an offer with a week to accept. They had a partner follow up to see if I had any questions.

Interview Questions
    Unwilling to negotiate for an internship.

Technology Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I connected with McGladrey at my University career fair. I did an on campus interview with a full time employee who was not affiliated with HR. The interview was very conversational with behavioral based questions. On a scale of 1 to 5 rank a certain quality.

Interview Questions
    • The ranking system took my back but it is just a reworded way of asking your strengths and weaknesses.n   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Applied through a university job posting and was contacted for an on-campus interview. The interview was purely behavioral. Was later contacted for an on-site interview at their office in Boston. The employees were very nice; we were given a brief orientation by the C-level executives and a private tour by one of the leaders of the company. The interviews were also purely behavioral, with only one question about one of my previous job experiences catching me off guard. Overall, a good interviewing experience.

Interview Questions
    • He gave me a short quiz on basic technological questions that is usually reserved for people who are applying for technical roles.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

There was only one interview. So, I met with the Tax Manager and we had a conversation type interview. It was really relaxed, and I think they were seeing if I could just sit down and have a conversation. There were some questions, but they were all very basic and expected.