McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

2.6

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2013.

Applied online through website,, contacted a former classmate who was a supervisor and he gave a good recommendation. Did phone interview and went in for a face to face with 2 partners. No real hard questions, offered the job almost immediately.

I countered the first offer and they increased it.

Pathways Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I was invited to the program after meeting with one of the tax directors at a school function. Making sure you follow up with firm representatives is crucial in the recruiting process. Every step must be measured, but if you send the follow up emails and know how to network the process will be much easier for you.

Interview Questions
    • My conversation with the recruiter was very conversational and no behavioral questions. The hardest question was explaining my part of my undergraduate GPA (2 years wasn't so hot), but she was very understanding.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

The HR department called weeks after applying online. They wanted transcripts prior to the interview. First interview went great. The representative was friendly and easy to talk to. I received a call back but at the second interview a different representative asked a lot of tax specific questions when it was an entry level position

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I applied using university career service and got a school interview. My interviewer was a audit director, very humble and soft spoken person. He was really cordial and made me very comfortable. The first question he asked me is to tell about me and what i like and do thats not in the resume.

Pathways Summer Leadership Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2014.

I got referred through a current employee and had a phone interview with the recruiter. We set a time before hand that worked best for both of us and the recruiter called me during that time. The interview was very casual, basically the recruiter wanted to know which way I was headed in accounting. If I was thinking about doing tex or auditing etc.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duluth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

There was a preliminary interview and if you did well you would move on to a second stream of interviews. I had three interviews with two partners and a manager over the course of four hours. It's exhausting, but the key is to be open and honest as well as comfortable meeting new people and being under pressure. The questions were more personal than work related in some cases.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you about your extra-curricular involvement and will point out any flaws they see on your transcript, so be ready to answer andy school related questions.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in April 2014.

Multiple call interactions with human resources. One in-person interview with two partners. They were willing to give me an offer, but had reservations about my requested salary. Then multiple insulting call interactions with human resources telling me the requested salary was unreasonable, after I was told by someone who works for McGladrey in another office in the same division as this position what to ask for and what to expect in salary; the asking salary was also in line with market data for the position. They wanted to offer between $63-68k, when market data was a median of $99 and a low of 74. HR was badgering and insulting with regards to my background and asking salary.

Interview Questions
    • All questions asked in my in-person interview were fair and not out of the ordinary. Questions from HR concerning my current and expected salary were badgering and insulting.   Answer Question

Difficult and insulting human resource contact.

Risk Advisory Services Associate Interview

Went through campus recruiting, and then was invited to come down for a final interview in their downtown office. After the initial invite, I didn't hear any details until a week before. I was told after the final interview that I'd hear back in 2 weeks; however, I didn't end up hearing back until over a month later because the recruiter left the company. I had to call the office to inquire about the status on the position, and received a very generic rejection email after waiting so long.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not work well or there was a conflict with a team member.   Answer Question

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

The hiring process and interview process was very organized. They were very quick to get back to me regarding the position. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were conversational. There was not any impossible questions to answer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation made.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I was a campus recruit and I got to the office visit level . The campus recruiter was very friendly, she remembered me from numerous interactions prior and she answered any question I had. I then met with various tax partners who didn't ask me very many questions about the job, they were mainly focused on my personality and things I am interested in.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions, which was a nice change of pace, compared to an interview with a big 4 firm. I could tell McGladrey was trying to hire the best person and not the person with the highest GPA.   Answer Question