McGladrey LLP

186 candidate interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in April 2014.

Interview Details – Multiple call interactions with human resources. One in-person interview with two partners. They were willing to give me an offer, but had reservations about my requested salary. Then multiple insulting call interactions with human resources telling me the requested salary was unreasonable, after I was told by someone who works for McGladrey in another office in the same division as this position what to ask for and what to expect in salary; the asking salary was also in line with market data for the position. They wanted to offer between $63-68k, when market data was a median of $99 and a low of 74. HR was badgering and insulting with regards to my background and asking salary.

Interview Question – All questions asked in my in-person interview were fair and not out of the ordinary. Questions from HR concerning my current and expected salary were badgering and insulting.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Difficult and insulting human resource contact.

Risk Advisory Services Associate Interview

Risk Advisory Services Associate

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details – Went through campus recruiting, and then was invited to come down for a final interview in their downtown office. After the initial invite, I didn't hear any details until a week before. I was told after the final interview that I'd hear back in 2 weeks; however, I didn't end up hearing back until over a month later because the recruiter left the company. I had to call the office to inquire about the status on the position, and received a very generic rejection email after waiting so long.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you did not work well or there was a conflict with a team member.   Answer Question

IT Auditor Interview

IT Auditor
Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – The hiring process and interview process was very organized. They were very quick to get back to me regarding the position. Overall great experience.

Interview Question – The questions were conversational. There was not any impossible questions to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation made.

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – I was a campus recruit and I got to the office visit level . The campus recruiter was very friendly, she remembered me from numerous interactions prior and she answered any question I had. I then met with various tax partners who didn't ask me very many questions about the job, they were mainly focused on my personality and things I am interested in.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions, which was a nice change of pace, compared to an interview with a big 4 firm. I could tell McGladrey was trying to hire the best person and not the person with the highest GPA.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – Met with a campus recruiter at Career Fair. Offered an on-campus interview with one of the partners who was an alumni. Very simple behavioral based interview where he made me feel very comfortable. Went to NYC for in-office interview where I was with a group of roughly 15 other students applying. We were all separated and met with 2 different partners for 2 30-minute interviews. One of the partners was a bit condescending so I could tell it didn't go too well. After the interviews, two entry level staff members took a small group of us out to lunch. Overall was a nice day-long process with the exception of the one partner making me a few rude comments during the interview.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details – It was a straight forward process and interviewers were professional and pleasant.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Pathways Leadership Program Interview

Pathways Leadership Program
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – Interview was conversational. The interviewer asked questions off of my resume and we went from there. She spent awhile talking about what the program entails.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself? What do you know about McGladrey?   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Comference Interview

Summer Leadership Comference
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my college and interviewed on campus.

Interview Question – Not a difficult interview, just a conversation about my resume and company.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

CPE Compliance Coordinator Interview

CPE Compliance Coordinator
Bloomington, MN

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2011.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview then a face to face interview. Very laid back and very comfortable setting.

Interview Question – They were all very easy and did not make feel uncomfortable   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, they offered me more then I asked for

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details – Short 30 minute on campus interview with one person. A second-round office interview consisting of two 45 minute interviews. Questions general and covering the resume and school. One or two behavioral but nothing unexpected.

Interview Question – Tell about a time you had a group project that had problems, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at McGladrey LLP