McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.6

Pathways Externship Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New Haven, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

A professor e-mailed all accounting majors with specifications for applying. I sent my resume and cover letter, which were passed on to a McGladrey recruiter. Within 4 weeks, I had an interview at the nearest McGladrey office. The interview was more of a conversation. No traditional behavioral questions were asked. I'd recommend having losts of questions or the conversation may trail off. Also, make sure to be informed about the company.

Pathways Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

I emailed my resume to an HR after hearing about the program via my college. I heard back in two days and we set up a time for a phone interview. I was accepted within a week.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you? What is your ultimate goal? Tell me about your least favorite supervisor.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2015.

Interview

Met at career fair, got interview a few weeks later for on campus. Very conversational interview, no behavioral questions. why mcgladrey, why audit, public vs private. Know mcgladrey and why you want to work there. understand your resume, be conversational and make sure to seem interested. beyond that, not much else is needed in the interview.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with two Partners and a Director of Development. The primary questions were regarding my sales experience. The firm was certainly looking for more of a salesman than someone with audit expertise.

Summer Leadership Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Met at the on campus Career Fair, and was prompted to apply through the school's career center website. Selected for an interview within a week. They held a pre interview social so you could meet your interviewer before the actual interview. Interview lasted 30 minutes and was very laid back.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's Career website and then they emailed me to set up an interview date and time that they were going to be on campus for.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly simple and it was more conversational rather than an actual interview. One thing that I would strongly advise is that make sure you know your resume front and back, and also be ready to talk about ALL of the things that you have listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Bronx, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was asked to interview after meeting representatives at my school's career fair. Interview was super relaxed and conversational. Took about 30 min, half of which was the interviewer telling me about himself and the program itself. He gave me time to ask any questions I had, so make sure you have questions prepared. He made jokes and was very nice, so it wasn't intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• How did you end up at this school and in Accounting? What is your bucket list before graduating? Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

TRAS - IT Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

McGladrey Talent Executives continuously interview candidates for open positions. More often than not these positions are posted in preparation for an upcoming engagement sale. They are very slow in execution of the interview process until a staffing need has been established via a sold engagement. Once a need has been established they will hire whomever is in front of them. If you would like to work at McGladrey befriend your Talent Executive, if he or she is impressed by you - he or she will put you in front of the appropriate person, tell you what you need to know, and hand hold you through the process.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working independently without much supervision or guidance?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked with middle-market clients in the past?   1 Answer
    • As a new Manager coming from the Big Four, are you comfortable working 100% of the time with privately held clients in the internal audit role?   1 Answer
    • I haven't had a chance to look at your resume. Can you please walk me through your accomplishments?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Intensive interview process. Was pleased to make it through the process. Didn't get a job offer (yet) but can honestly say they have an in-depth approach as apposed to glancing through resumes.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Went to Meet the Firms in CSULA and talked to an associate. She kindly forwarded my resume to the recruiter and eventually got an email from the HR Department. I was invited to a social the night before my interview, went through the interview process the following day. Went through 3 interviews in total. Must be prepared to answer plenty of questions and have plenty of questions to ask.