McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.6

Consultant Interview

They have definite age restrictions. They like younger people to train and help with their process.
    They have quite a big turnover and have many international spots. They are flexible with the work schedule and easy to work for regarding time.

Interview Questions
    • there were no suprises. I do not remember the process it has been to long.   Answer Question
    They approached me to work many years ago. There was not an personal interview process.They were very friendly on the phone interview. The FDIC needed me to help on a project.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I knew someone who worked in the office and they passed my resume on to HR. I had a simple phone interview followed by an office interview with 2 directors / Senior managers. The interview was very conversational and just looking to see how I would fit in with the firm. There were no technical questions or behavioral questions but more just trying to learn about my personality and working habits.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question to answer was just how I think I fit into their culture. With someone coming from very little work experience it was difficult for me to think of things that would add value to their firm.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

2 interviews, one on campus and one at the main office. both interviews were conversational in nature. there was a pre-interview dinner before the first round. i felt like the interviews were just tests to see if you would fit with the company.

Interview Questions
    • not difficult, but crucial question: why are you interested in mcgladrey? your answer to this question is pretty much all they need to know.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I met the firm at a career fair initially applying for an internship postion. I ended up interviewing with the firm on campus and was accepted to their leadership program. At the program the firm interviewed for internship positions. The interviews were certainly a surprise to the candidates as the interviews were not shown explicitly on the schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Not very technical questions. The most difficult questions for me were behavioral questions, but with a few good stories in mind they become easier to answer.   Answer Question

Pathways Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I was invited to the program after meeting with one of the tax directors at a school function. Making sure you follow up with firm representatives is crucial in the recruiting process. Every step must be measured, but if you send the follow up emails and know how to network the process will be much easier for you.

Interview Questions
    • My conversation with the recruiter was very conversational and no behavioral questions. The hardest question was explaining my part of my undergraduate GPA (2 years wasn't so hot), but she was very understanding.   Answer Question

CPE Compliance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2011.

Had a phone interview then a face to face interview. Very laid back and very comfortable setting.

Interview Questions
    • They were all very easy and did not make feel uncomfortable   Answer Question
    None, they offered me more then I asked for

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2014.

Interview was extremely laid-back and was an extension of the conversation I had previously had with the partner. Some of the usual questions about my resume, but most of the time I spent asking him questions. The entire process seems to be a feeling out and finding the proper "fit" between myself and McGladrey. No technical questions were asked.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2014.

Applied at Univ career website. Met one associate, two partners, and recruiter at career fair. Followed up with e-mail. Interviewed on campus shortly afterward.

Interview Questions
    • Conversational talk. Very friendly and interesting interviewer which makes the process enjoyable for both of us. Why accounting? GPA? Who else from firm I've met?   Answer Question

Pathways Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2014.

Super relaxed process. Spoke with them at my schools career fair and they asked me to interview with them at on campus interviews. I was really nervous but it was laid back. All they wanted to do was get to know you. They asked the typical questions of why McGladrey? Why not the big 4?

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult. No behavioral based questions. Just be yourself!   Answer Question
    It was for a leadership 2 day program no negotiating.

Consulting Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

My honest and sincere advice to folks who are trying to get into this company or have been contacted by this company: STAY AWAY! Having been in consulting for 10+ years, I understand how companies work and how offers can be changed , however what I don't expect them to do is to make an offer then withdraw it without any reason and also not communicate about what they intend to do.
    A recruiter reached out to me and went on and on about how great the firm is. I was at that time working with a Big 4 audit/consulting firm and the opportunity looked good. The recruiter set up an interview with a manager, who didn't understand much about consulting since he was from audit background. Incidentally, in my research, I found that most of their managers/directors/principals who were leading consulting engagements, were from audit background( That should have been my the biggest warning sign). After "clearing" this interview, I interviewed with the head of consulting who after 2 conversations made me a verbal offer to join. As I was about to accept it after 3-4 days, I was informed that I will need to go to their local office. Went there and oh boy, what an experience. First of all, the office was bare and empty i.e. no staff - not on vacation or client location but literally they did not have any associates/consultants except for 4 partners. They interviewed me and really looked as if they regretted joining mcgladrey i.e.no info about the firm and totally unenthusiastic. After the interview, recruiter etc all went dark for about 4 weeks and inspite of my writing or calling the recruiter every third day, I never received a response. Finally, the recruiter responded with some BS about being on vacation and informing me that they will not proceed with hiring. Completely unprofessional and unethical way to go about hiring. My advice to folks: There are better companies with dedicated folks, so don't waste your time with this frim