McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.6

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

The interview process was pretty laid back. Most of the interviewers were only trying to get to know me better, and they hardly asked me any questions. I talked to three different interviewers, and the interview took a total of two hours.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were a leader. Describe a situation where there was conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2009.

Job interview over the phone following successful internship in the different location. Phone interview was non-technical, basically just concerning inter-communicational skills, personality and career aspiration. Pleasant. It was conducted by two people: head of the practice areas in that location and second person in command in the same practice area.

I did not negotiate.

Associate, Risk Management Interview

Very few behavioral and no technical questions at all. Basically conversational on getting to know how you speak and present yourself. They judge your technical skills entirely from your resume and education.

Risk Advisory Services Associate Interview

Went through campus recruiting, and then was invited to come down for a final interview in their downtown office. After the initial invite, I didn't hear any details until a week before. I was told after the final interview that I'd hear back in 2 weeks; however, I didn't end up hearing back until over a month later because the recruiter left the company. I had to call the office to inquire about the status on the position, and received a very generic rejection email after waiting so long.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not work well or there was a conflict with a team member.   Answer Question

Invitation for the Pathways Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2012.

Interview consisted of two associates from the firm. Questions that were asked: What do you know about the Pathways Program, tell me about yourself and 1 situational/behavioral question. Both interviewers were professional and pleasant. The whole process was not bad at all. It was an opportunity to connect with the firm/employees and see if it would be a good fit for both parties.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a conflict with a teammate or a situation that had to be resolved?   Answer Question

CPE Compliance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2011.

Had a phone interview then a face to face interview. Very laid back and very comfortable setting.

Interview Questions
    • They were all very easy and did not make feel uncomfortable   Answer Question
    None, they offered me more then I asked for

Pathways Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I was invited to the program after meeting with one of the tax directors at a school function. Making sure you follow up with firm representatives is crucial in the recruiting process. Every step must be measured, but if you send the follow up emails and know how to network the process will be much easier for you.

Interview Questions
    • My conversation with the recruiter was very conversational and no behavioral questions. The hardest question was explaining my part of my undergraduate GPA (2 years wasn't so hot), but she was very understanding.   Answer Question

Transaction Advisory Services Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2010.

Very receptive and welcoming people. Administrative personnel both helpful, professional and confidential. Professionally handled all meetings. Class organization. 5 interviews all with senior people over the course of 4 months. Nice offices at both locations. Straight forward discussions. Nothing more than not the right timing. Highly recommend inquiring into the firm. Good people.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Applied through campus recruiter. One on campus interview along with second round office visit. Very relaxed environment. Conversational interview, no tough questions.

Tax Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2010.

Through an internal referal I was working directly with a McGladrey recruiter. Within 1 month of the process starting I was contact to interview. The interview consisted for 1:1 interviews with 4 different people in the department I would be working for. The interview seemed to be more of them selling the firm rather than having much to do with me. I was offered a position approximately 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    Depending on how you are brought it depends greatly on their willingness to negotiate. Internal referral tend to be less risky for the employer and they are willing to work with you more. I was able to suggest that I was skeptical about the offer. After a couple of days, they were able to increase their offer by 5%.