McGladrey LLP

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Went to the career fair and then applied for the internship. Got invited to the social event in the town of my college. Started with an interview on campus. Was then invited to do the in office interviews where I went to another social event the night before and met the employees of that office. The next day I sat with 2 separate partners and had 30 min interviews. Asked behavioral questions and had general conversation about my plans and current life situation.

Interview Questions
    • Conversations led to things I didn't want to talk about. Would ask a question and I gave a brief answer on the topic. They pressed for more information.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

First interview process, Campus interview through college.
    Basic questions, they want to know if you fit in the company's culture. What are you basic skills and how do you react.
    I was called for second interview with a week, the second interview is in one of their offices.
    They called the super day. Two interviews, office tour and lunch.

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interviews were all very casual. Two directors and one partner. Each interviewer was laid back and just wanted me to "tell a little bit about myself." I really think they were just looking for someone who could carry a conversation without sounding like an idiot. There was nothing intimidating about the process at all.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Tell me about yourself? Why do you want tax?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Met them at a career expo and received an invitation to interview at our career center. The interview was extremely casual and felt more like a conversation. I was able to steer it to whatever topics I wanted. I was told there would be a case question, but was never asked one.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty working on a team? What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Met at career fair, applied through university, had 2 interviews- 1 at school and 1 in office
    Interviews were very easy and casual, no analytic questions
    Office interview contained 2 interviews plus presentation

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Applied on McGladrey website after seeing the position posted on my alma mater's career website. Normally would have been an on-campus interview however I graduated over a year ago so I followed up via phone with HR/Recruiter in order to get noticed because anyone more than one semester removed is not allowed to apply for campus interviews. HR was nice - told me to email my resume and transcripts and that she would forward them to hiring managers. Was contacted about a month later on a Thursday and asked to come in for an office interview the following Monday. The interview process involved 4 consecutive 30 minute interviews with partners and managers. Very conversational interviews for the most part. A couple of them asked standard questions such as "tell me about a time you worked on a group project and what the positives and negatives were" and "describe a time when you went above and beyond expectations." One of the partners talked the entire time about his knowledge of the profession and stated that he did not even look at my resume. I think that this is a firm where it really depends on who you get for your interviewer. Not the cut and dry interview procedure that some larger firms do. My guess is that they just want to know that you can communicate and are a good fit personality-wise. After several interviews, my best advice is to be yourself because that is how you will find the best fit. Know the company and ask solid questions about the profession and company culture. Display a willingness to adapt and learn.

Interview Questions
    • "Talk about a time where you had a different view than a co worker on something in the work place and how you dealt with it"   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Spoke with them at campus career fair. I was told to apply through both the McGladrey website and the university website. Invited to campus interview and a dinner at an up-scale local restaurant the night before. Each table a the dinner was a mix of candidates, partners, and associates.

The on-campus interview was 30 minutes with a partner. Relaxed interview, went over my resume and experience. Maybe 1 behavioral question. I received an invitation for an office interview within a couple of days.

The office interview started in the morning in the conference room with all the candidates interviewing and the campus recruiters. Basic ice-breaker stuff, introducing ourselves, playing a trivia game, plans for the weekend, etc. I then had two 45 min interviews back to back. The first with a manager and the second with a partner. From what I gathered interviewers at this stage do not follow a script and the style varies from person to person. Both of my interviews were conversational (Why do you want to work here? Why accounting? Why Audit, etc.) There was maybe one behavioral question in each interview (Tell me about a time when...). If you have gotten to this point they are pretty sure you have the technical skills and they are trying to see if you are a good fit personality wise. After the interviews were over, they had some of their newer associates take us on an office tour and then out to lunch at a nice restaurant. I did not even make it back to school before the campus recruiter called and extended a job offer.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

On campus interview was with a partner, typical behavior questions. Shortly after I was invited to office visit. About 40 of us were interviewing, 3 back to back 30 min interviews. I thought they went well, almost entirely conversational, the last of the 3 definitely went less smooth than the others. Got a 'thanks but no thanks' email a few days later.

Consulting Interview

I met the company at career fair and got invited to the on-campus interviews. Everyone I met from McGladrey was very welcoming and not intimidating, which made it easy to communicate and be yourself around them. I got to meet my interviewer the night before at a social event. The on-campus interview included a case study (they just want to see the way you think) and mostly behavioral questions. After the on-campus interviews, I got invited to a pre-interview reception and the in-office interview. Most behavioral questions and conversational interview to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions. Basically just be yourself and show how you would be a great fit to the company. Show that you have a great personality and that you are interested in learning and growing professionally.   Answer Question

Full Time Interview

Was given a Tour around the office after meeting with your assigned buddy. This was follwoed by two short interviews. After the interviews you will go back to the room with all the other interviewers and learn more about the form. Maybe a partner will come in and tell you about his/her experience. They then took us to lunch where we were able to further learn about other employees.