McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

There was an interview on campus after many meetings through networking events. I had never met the person interviewing me prior to the interview. Attending the events was definitely worth it though to grasp the culture of the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why did you pick accounting.
      Why us?

Answer Question

Pathways Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

I emailed my resume to an HR after hearing about the program via my college. I heard back in two days and we set up a time for a phone interview. I was accepted within a week.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you? What is your ultimate goal? Tell me about your least favorite supervisor.   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Detroit, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a two phase interview process. The people were really great, didn't try to intimidate you. They really just want to know if you are a good fit for the firm. One on one with associates and partners mixed.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well in teams?   1 Answer

Summer Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

I had an initial interview with a recruiter. Very laid back. She basically told me about the job, didn't ask me many questions at all. Very laid back. I had the second interview with an audit manager. It was very conversational. Common behavioral questions, very laid back atmosphere. Definitely have plenty of questions ready to ask the interviewer. Overall a great experience. I got a call about an hour after the interview offering me the position.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2015.

Interview

Met at career fair, got interview a few weeks later for on campus. Very conversational interview, no behavioral questions. why mcgladrey, why audit, public vs private. Know mcgladrey and why you want to work there. understand your resume, be conversational and make sure to seem interested. beyond that, not much else is needed in the interview.

Pathways Externship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (New Haven, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

A professor e-mailed all accounting majors with specifications for applying. I sent my resume and cover letter, which were passed on to a McGladrey recruiter. Within 4 weeks, I had an interview at the nearest McGladrey office. The interview was more of a conversation. No traditional behavioral questions were asked. I'd recommend having losts of questions or the conversation may trail off. Also, make sure to be informed about the company.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Very laid back and conversational - Interviewed with 2 partners who were very easy to talk to. The entire interview process was about an hour long. I was interviewed during my externship and received an offer the next day.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

I went in for an office interview and met with a partner for about an hour. It was a very warm environment and the staff were nice. I thought I would have more interviews but only spoke with the partner. I was asked typical interview questions more than behavioral, which surprised me. Afterwards, I probably asked the partner 8-10 questions but he seemed impressed that I did my research and I was curious about the firm's culture.

Got the call later that day that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses
      What is your ideal job?
      Questions regarding my resume and how I went into accounting

Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with two Partners and a Director of Development. The primary questions were regarding my sales experience. The firm was certainly looking for more of a salesman than someone with audit expertise.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Met company at my University's career fair, which led to an invite to an on-campus interview. Everything was very straightforward. The recruiter was very nice and made me feel comfortable throughout. Everybody that I met from the company was very nice! I look forward to my interning with the company as it truly seems to be a great experience.