McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.6

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

I reached out to McGladrey at a career fair, and after a week or so, I emailed them as a follow up. Soon afterwards, I received an invitation to an on-campus interview. This consisted of laid-back conversation with one employer, and all we did was go over my resume, and ask questions of course.

Interview Questions

• I was caught off-guard since I had prepared for difficult questions, but all we did was go over the resume. He simply said, "Tell me about your resume and experience."   Answer Question

Interview

Met them at a career expo and received an invitation to interview at our career center. The interview was extremely casual and felt more like a conversation. I was able to steer it to whatever topics I wanted. I was told there would be a case question, but was never asked one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulty working on a team? What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Met at career fair, applied through university, had 2 interviews- 1 at school and 1 in office
    Interviews were very easy and casual, no analytic questions
    Office interview contained 2 interviews plus presentation

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2014.

Interview

Got the interview opportunity at the career fair. After too many rounds of email negotiation, talked with the partner from the Risk Advisory department. Nothing difficult, more like a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• Just go through the resume and ask about the former working experience.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Interview

I met the company at career fair and got invited to the on-campus interviews. Everyone I met from McGladrey was very welcoming and not intimidating, which made it easy to communicate and be yourself around them. I got to meet my interviewer the night before at a social event. The on-campus interview included a case study (they just want to see the way you think) and mostly behavioral questions. After the on-campus interviews, I got invited to a pre-interview reception and the in-office interview. Most behavioral questions and conversational interview to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• There were really no difficult questions. Basically just be yourself and show how you would be a great fit to the company. Show that you have a great personality and that you are interested in learning and growing professionally.   Answer Question

Full Time Interview

Interview

Was given a Tour around the office after meeting with your assigned buddy. This was follwoed by two short interviews. After the interviews you will go back to the room with all the other interviewers and learn more about the form. Maybe a partner will come in and tell you about his/her experience. They then took us to lunch where we were able to further learn about other employees.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Boston, MA).

Interview

A pre-interview social the day before the interview. Mainly just talking to the tax manager and taz director about just anything in general. It was just a social event to see if you were able to carry on conversations. The next day was the on campus interview with the Tax director for 30 minutes. The HR and a greeter will be there to talk to you before the interview. The interview was really conversational with not a single behavioral question. It made me question how they really evaluate you as a candidate. They basically just hire the person they like I guess. The interview was enjoyable and the interview ended up went 20 minutes over time because I was the last one to be interviewed. I did not get a invitation to the second round interview and I have no idea what I did wrong.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Mcgladrey?
      Why Tax?
      Are you going to be in the area?

1 Answer

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

I connected with McGladrey at my University career fair. I did an on campus interview with a full time employee who was not affiliated with HR. The interview was very conversational with behavioral based questions. On a scale of 1 to 5 rank a certain quality.

Interview Questions

• The ranking system took my back but it is just a reworded way of asking your strengths and weaknesses.n   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

I was called within a few days of submitting my resume for an in-office interview. I met with a manager for an interview that lasted over an hour. It was very casual and we mostly talked about my schooling and current job and my attitude towards public accounting. I received a call two days later with an offer with a week to accept. They had a partner follow up to see if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unwilling to negotiate for an internship.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

On campus interview for their office in NY. They have a no stress interview which means they don't ask you questions. So unless you have a really awesome partner you can gel with the interview can get really awkward. My best advice is just to let them do all the talking.