McGladrey LLP

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Getting the Interview

173 candidate interviews

Sales Interview

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2011.

Interview Details – A little slow and showed a lack of any one person making a decision. Exceptional company however showing great strides toward a refined and engaging company

Interview Question – What questions do you have?   View Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2010.

Interview Details – A series of 3 1:1 interviews, a group presentation and then I was taken out to lunch by a supervisor.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over the other 50 candidates who applied for this job?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Consulting Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by on-campus interview with a Partner of the Firm. Final round in-office interview with Partner and Director. Mostly behavioral type questions.

Interview Question – Why McGladrey and not the Big 4?   Answer Question

Audit Manager NYC Interview

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interivew process was very organized from the minute the recruiter contact me (she was very friendly and personable, and knew the culture of McGladrey). to the offer extended and the hiring process. Everyone was very professional and very interested in me as a person. I knew from the minute i walked in the door I was not going to be another #.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it was a good offer did not negotiate anything.

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – Met with multiple employees during the process and all were friendly and down to earth. It was more of a get to know you to make sure you fit with the company type interview.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers asked the "Tell me about yourself" questions, which I think is a difficult question for a lot of people.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in July 2012.

Interview Details – Networking is so important. I was working as an accounting clerk for a company. McGladrey audited the company I worked for and I began to talk to one of the auditors and he helped me understand what auditors did. He also knew the recruiter very well. He gave me her e-mail address and I sent my resume to the recruiter and she interviewed me for the pathway program through the phone. (The pathway program is a three-day thing and one of the best experiences ever!) On the third day they interview us for internship and full-time positions. I interviewed for the full-time position even though I didn't have experience working in an accounting firm. Three different people interviewed me, 30 minutes each. It was scary at first but once you start talking, you become familiar. I talked a lot about why I liked accounting and how it fits with my love for puzzles. After that, I took their cards if they gave me one or asked them if they didn't already. I e-mailed the interviewers individually on the same day (before I could forget what we talked about) and expressed my thanks and followed up on any discussion that was interesting or didn't have time to talk about in our interview. Well, that was my story. Good luck!

Interview Question – I did not have any difficult questions believe or not. My interviewers really wanted to know about my personality and how I can fit as a team. I guess for those who have not really work in teams too often may find that question difficult?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I really wanted to work for McGladrey, so when the recruiter called me and offered me the offer, I was ecstatic. She told me what my salary would be and told me that she would send all the benefits via e-mail for me to look at. I had 1 or 2 weeks to either accept/decline the offer. I accepted it right away the next day. The offer acceptance was an easy process. I made no negotiation because honestly I got offered a job at an accounting firm that I really wanted to work at. The benefits and compensations seemed good enough for me.

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – I went through my school's job search program and got an on-campus interview. This was a 40-45 min interview with a director at the company and it was mostly conversational with a few behavioral questions sprinkled in there. It took about a week and half for the company to get back to me about a second interview, scheduled to be two weeks later.. At the second interview I had two sessions with a manager and a director (30 minutes each), both of which were very conversational. Be sure to have some questions of your own to ask them. Afterwards I went out to lunch with all the other candidates and 6 or so associates and supervisors. I was given an offer within 3 days of my second interview.

Interview Question – What are some of the things that you would do in/for the community if you are to move here?   Answer Question

Associate, Risk Management Interview

Associate, Risk Management
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2012.

Interview Details – Telephone interview followed by an in-office interview

Interview Question – What do you expect from us as your employer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiation as a campus hire

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – Had an on-campus interview. Interviewer was nice, only asked me a few questions. The interview consisted of me asking most of the questions.

Interview Question – Why this line of service?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes to an office visit.

Consulting Associate Interview

Consulting Associate
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had an interview with a partner and a director at the same time. They were extremely friendly. The interview was very informal. They just had questions about my current job experience and education background and spent some time on explaining benefits of working for the company including the flexibility and challenging but rewarding experience.

Interview Question – What are the reasons you want to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at McGladrey LLP