McGladrey LLP

Getting the Interview

173 candidate interviews

Very Easy Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2011.

Interview Details – 3 interviews with a Senior, Manager,Partner.

Interview Question – None, it's was simple laid back.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – First offer came in and i asked for more. They called back within 10 min and made a another offer.

Audit Associate

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2009.

Interview Details – Met HR representative at a career fair and dropped resume. Received a call back for an on-campus interview. Received an invitation to the office and had 2 individual interviews with a Manager and a Director. Mostly fit questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No.

Assurance Interview

Assurance
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2010.

Interview Details – McGladrey's interview process was so nice. The first interview took place at school and was really relaxed. I found out I moved on to the second interview, during the interview. The second interview was an in-office interview and had 3 interviewers. They were all really nice and relaxed, caring more about working well as a team rather than telling us we'd have piles of work to do. They treated us to lunch right after I got filet mignon and shared buffalo chick nacho appetizers with them. *thumbs up*

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for McGladrey   View Answer

Audit Intern Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2010.

Interview Details – pretty easy!!
had a campus intereview with HR Rep. She was really nice. I asked pretty basic question from the resume.
I was done 20 minis. After two day I got on email for second interview. I went to local office location for second interview. There were three interviewers in second interview, Partners, Audit supervisors and HR Rep. They took us for lunch at fancy Italian restaurant.
It took about a month to get back to me for the final results.
Interview question for all interviews are pretty basic and common.

Interview Question – what kind of qualities do you look in your teacher.   Answer Question

Assurance Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through college career website as well as McGladrey website. Two weeks after submitting my application, I received a call to schedule an on-site interview. The interview consists of presentation about the firm and three one-on-one interviews. The day after the interview, I got a call from the recruiter giving me an offer.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2010.

Interview Details – I actually interviewed for the summer audit internship, which followed a strict recruiting cycle. I first interviewed on-campus with a manager, then I was invited to interview in-house with 3 professionals (director, manager, associate). All interviewers were very courteous and friendly, and never asked anything too demanding. I had conversations with my interviewers about school, sports, and even music. The firm really wants to get to know your personality-- they know that they can teach anyone decently intelligent with their training programs, so personality and cultural fit seem to be the most important things they look for in a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be at McGladrey, as opposed to other mid-tier or big four firms?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were faced with difficulty and how you went about resolving the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered what I felt was slightly under the market rate across all firms, so I politely asked for a modified compensation package. The firm was very receptive and understanding of my request and re-sent my offer letter with a compensation package slightly higher than market rate. Worth a try, especially if you know you want to be with the firm.

Tax Associate Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had not previously done any networking with the company. I was asked to come in on a Wednesday to have two 1/2-hour interviews. Each was one-on-one with a Tax professional (not with HR). Some HR folks gave a presentation about the company, as well. I also took a tour of the office. I had my offer by Friday (same week).

Interview Question – Why McGladrey instead of another large CPA firm?   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2011.

Interview Details – Met the company at a career fair at my university and spoke with multiple people. I was invited to an on-campus interview which was a 1:1 with a partner. We basically just had a conversation. He asked about my interests outside of school and got talking about those subjects for 45 minutes (it was only supposed to be 30 mins).

3 weeks later, I got an invitation to an office visit interview. The night before there was a cocktail social at a nice hotel where I got to meet a lot of employees and other students interviewing as well. The office visit consisted of 3 30 minute interviews, 2 of them with partners, 1 with a manager. They didn't ask me any of the typical interview behavioral questions, instead we just had a casual conversation. It was great because I had meet 2 of them previously at the socials/career fair so it was a comfortable and relaxed conversation. After the interviews, they took all of the interviewees to lunch where we got to chat some more.

Intern Interview

Intern
Blue Bell, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed with two different people. The first being someone who was high up in auditing (I'm not sure if he was a partner or not), and the second being someone in HR. The entire process took about 30-40 minutes. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I applied online and then I called a few days later to ask if they were hiring, and I got an interview.

Interview Question – What kind of culture do you want to work for
Describe a difficult situation you had in the past and how you worked through it.
(Questions were not very difficult)
  View Answer

Summer Leadership Comference Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my college and interviewed on campus.

Interview Question – Not a difficult interview, just a conversation about my resume and company.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at McGladrey LLP