McGladrey LLP

Updated Aug 17, 2014

Average Difficulty
189 candidate interviews

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2011.

Interview Details – 3 interviews with a Senior, Manager,Partner.

Interview Question – None, it's was simple laid back.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – First offer came in and i asked for more. They called back within 10 min and made a another offer.

Invitation for the Pathways Program Interview

Invitation for the Pathways Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of two associates from the firm. Questions that were asked: What do you know about the Pathways Program, tell me about yourself and 1 situational/behavioral question. Both interviewers were professional and pleasant. The whole process was not bad at all. It was an opportunity to connect with the firm/employees and see if it would be a good fit for both parties.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had a conflict with a teammate or a situation that had to be resolved?   Answer Question

Transaction Advisory Services Interview

Transaction Advisory Services

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very receptive and welcoming people. Administrative personnel both helpful, professional and confidential. Professionally handled all meetings. Class organization. 5 interviews all with senior people over the course of 4 months. Nice offices at both locations. Straight forward discussions. Nothing more than not the right timing. Highly recommend inquiring into the firm. Good people.

Audit Associate

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview was at my school. It was a one on one meeting with a partner. It was a terrific experience. They are very quick with the responses. I got a call for the second interview next day. Second interview was three weeks from first interview. Gave me more than enough time. Second interview was a great smooth process as well. First a manager interviewed me then a director. Then we were taken out for a fancy lunch with an associate. It was one of the smoothest process ever.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They will give you an offer since its an entry level. You will be happy with the compensation.

Tax Supervisor Interview

Tax Supervisor
Phoenix, AZ

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2010.

Interview Details – Through an internal referal I was working directly with a McGladrey recruiter. Within 1 month of the process starting I was contact to interview. The interview consisted for 1:1 interviews with 4 different people in the department I would be working for. The interview seemed to be more of them selling the firm rather than having much to do with me. I was offered a position approximately 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Why McGladrey?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Depending on how you are brought it depends greatly on their willingness to negotiate. Internal referral tend to be less risky for the employer and they are willing to work with you more. I was able to suggest that I was skeptical about the offer. After a couple of days, they were able to increase their offer by 5%.

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Senior Tax Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details – I interview on campus with a recruiter. A week later, I received a phone call asking me to come to the office to interview with four people. I was told that it would take about 2 hours. I interviewed with all four- total time 2 1/2 hours.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2011.

Interview Details – Met the company at a career fair at my university and spoke with multiple people. I was invited to an on-campus interview which was a 1:1 with a partner. We basically just had a conversation. He asked about my interests outside of school and got talking about those subjects for 45 minutes (it was only supposed to be 30 mins).

3 weeks later, I got an invitation to an office visit interview. The night before there was a cocktail social at a nice hotel where I got to meet a lot of employees and other students interviewing as well. The office visit consisted of 3 30 minute interviews, 2 of them with partners, 1 with a manager. They didn't ask me any of the typical interview behavioral questions, instead we just had a casual conversation. It was great because I had meet 2 of them previously at the socials/career fair so it was a comfortable and relaxed conversation. After the interviews, they took all of the interviewees to lunch where we got to chat some more.

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Irvine, CA

Interview Details – I initially connected with McGladrey through 'Meet the Firms' event on campus. I applied through the campus career center for an on-campus interview with the firm, which required a resume, a cover letter, and an unofficial transcript. Within about a week, I was notified that I was selected for an interview. I had a 1:1 (30 minute) on-campus interview with a manager (who I had met at the 'Meet the Firms' event), which consisted of a few work experience and behavioral questions.

Approximately 2-3 weeks later, I was notified via e-mail that I was invited for an Office Visit. The night before the Office Visit, the firm hosted a 'Pre-Interview Mixer' at a local restaurant, where candidates had the opportunity to meet more professionals. The Office Visit consisted of three 1:1 (30 minute) interviews. I interviewed with a Director, a Partner, then a Manager. The interviewers spent about 15 minutes asking behavioral questions, and left the rest of the time for me to ask any questions I had (about the firm, the public accounting field, their career, etc.). Be prepared with questions!

After the interviews, the other candidates and I were taken out to lunch with an Associate and a Senior, where we had the opportunity to ask any last questions about the firm. Two days later I received a call with an offer from the Partner that I interviewed with. Overall, the process was very organized and enjoyable. Everyone who I interviewed with was very engaging and seemed happy to work at the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for McGladrey (as opposed to another mid-tier or a Big Four firm)?   Answer Question
  • Do you have any questions for me?   View Answer

Assurance Intern Interview

Assurance Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through college career website as well as McGladrey website. Two weeks after submitting my application, I received a call to schedule an on-site interview. The interview consists of presentation about the firm and three one-on-one interviews. The day after the interview, I got a call from the recruiter giving me an offer.

Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details – Meet at career fair and interviewed on campus. 45 minutes of behavioral questions. Then went for office visit in Chicago. Talked with a director and partner about the position and any questions I had. Pretty informal, and then with to lunch with an audit associate.

Interview Question – Tell me why you are qualified for this position.   Answer Question