McGladrey LLP

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.6

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

There was only one interview. So, I met with the Tax Manager and we had a conversation type interview. It was really relaxed, and I think they were seeing if I could just sit down and have a conversation. There were some questions, but they were all very basic and expected.

Assurance Winter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2013.

Met recruiter at a career fair. Applied and had a first round interview on campus. 1 30min interview with a partner. 2 or 3 basic behavioral questions and conversation.
    Received 2nd round office interview 1 day later. 2nd round interview started with a brief introduction of the firm as well as ice breaking games with the rest of the candidates. Had 2 interviews with a partner and a manager, each took 30min. Similar to 1st round, 2 or 3 behavioral questions and conversation. Then we were given a tour of the office and then went to lunch with some first-years and associates.

Interview Questions
    Got a call from recruiter a few hours after my interviews. Did not negotiate.

Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2014.

I applied online and shortly afterwards a recruiter called me to have a phone interview. Based on that phone interview I was able to get an opportunity for an office interview. First, I was interviewed by one of the audit partners, then a senior audit manager, and lastly by newly promoted audit manager. Each interview was in a separate office, approximately 30 minutes with each individual.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself? (The partner was multitasking, he was looking at me and scanning my resume)
      Why McGladrey?
      How did you hear about us?

Answer Question
    No, I did not. If I would have had more work experience maybe but the compensation and benefits were perfect for me.

IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in June 2014.

Contact firm via posting on CareerBuilder.com. HR consoler contacted me within a week of submitting resume. Consoler was very upbeat and pleasant, asked about location preferences and salary requirements. Follow-up call a week later to schedule interviews with partners. Conducted telephone interviews with partners separately. Both partners were very open and approachable, very pleasant conversation about my experience. Later I had a follow-up conversation with a IT Director, also very pleasant conversation around my experience. Two weeks later flew into office for face to face in interview with partners and selected staff. Very nice people and firm.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were non-technical, more interested in experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I met the firm at a career fair initially applying for an internship postion. I ended up interviewing with the firm on campus and was accepted to their leadership program. At the program the firm interviewed for internship positions. The interviews were certainly a surprise to the candidates as the interviews were not shown explicitly on the schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Not very technical questions. The most difficult questions for me were behavioral questions, but with a few good stories in mind they become easier to answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP in April 2014.

applied through school. got a campus interview which was very relaxed.. 30 mins not hard at all if you are familiar with the company and its values.. after 3 weeks i got an email to do an office interview. 3 interviews back to back each about 30 mins each.. relaxed and conversational

Interview Questions
    • n/a. all questions were very easy to answer.. there wasn't any technical questions... just be prepared to keep the conversation going bc there will be a moment of silence if you do not have any questions for them. also be prepared to answer behavioral questions   Answer Question
    got a call from my recruiter with an offer. she emailed me the offer and gave me 3 weeks to decide

Javascript Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2014.

I did an initial phone interview with the hiring manager where we talked about my past experiences, the job, exceptions, and salary for over an hour. The team was currently three members, with two of them in Chicago and one in Minneapolis, I would be working out of the Des Moines office. About a week later I moved on to a technical interview with two of the members of the team I would be working with. Conversation went very well for well over an hour, until we got to salary. I told them the same thing I told the hiring manager, but the conversation/interview abruptly ended there. Two weeks later I got a call from the original hiring manager that they were going to go with a local person. Three days later I got an alert from their website saying a new job was posted, which was the same one.

Winter Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in August 2014.

I got the interview after participating in the Summer Pathways Program. I interviewed with two people, 30 minutes each. It was a conversational type of interview. They asked me typical questions like "tell me about yourself," "why audit?" "why Mcgladrey" and one behavioral question. It was very relaxing, I was very myself.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2014.

I got the phone call from the recruiter almost the day after I applied for the position online. The recruiter asked some basic questions such as background, job expectation, summary of past experience, totaled 15 minutes. After I told her that I was scheduled for an on-site interview the next week, she scheduled an interview with them immediately.
    The interview was with two directors and one partner. One director seemed pretty serious at the beginning. No specific technical questions or behavior questions asked. Just briefly talking about my past experience, career interests, etc. Another director was more doing the promotion of the company, talking about how great it was to work for this company. Also tried to feel your personality. Finally the partner interview was a bit rough. He came in telling me having not looked at my resume, and asked me to tell him about myself. Tips is to stay calm when interviewer showed less interests in you. He also asked about how I supervised other accountants, some projects I worked on, research skills, etc. He showed more interests as our conversation progressed. I got an offer about three days later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Be familiar with your past experience.   Answer Question
    I was offered more than I expected so I didn't negotiate.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2012.

Met with recruiters at a college campus recruiting event. Then was asked to lunch with one of the firm's partners and one of the directors. Was later asked to come to the office location and met with several of the senior staff, shook hands with partners. Also toured the office location and was taken out to dinner.

Interview Questions
    • General questions - Tell me about yourself. What made you decide to major in accounting?   View Answer
    • What are your greatest strengths? Weaknesses?   View Answer
    I should have asked for more. As a college student I knew what other students were getting, and my offer was in the range. But I worked my way through college while holding down several part-time jobs and had prior accounting experience at a private company. If I had emphasized my experience level, I would have set myself apart from the other student recruits.