McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.6

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interview

First interview process, Campus interview through college.
    Basic questions, they want to know if you fit in the company's culture. What are you basic skills and how do you react.
    I was called for second interview with a week, the second interview is in one of their offices.
    They called the super day. Two interviews, office tour and lunch.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Overall, easy interview. They are more concerned with liking you than if you will make a good employee.
    The first in person interview was for the wrong position. No one would fess up to how that happened. They requested a second in house interview two weeks later, where I met with the same department and was asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you married?
      Do you have kids?

1 Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on McGladrey website after seeing the position posted on my alma mater's career website. Normally would have been an on-campus interview however I graduated over a year ago so I followed up via phone with HR/Recruiter in order to get noticed because anyone more than one semester removed is not allowed to apply for campus interviews. HR was nice - told me to email my resume and transcripts and that she would forward them to hiring managers. Was contacted about a month later on a Thursday and asked to come in for an office interview the following Monday. The interview process involved 4 consecutive 30 minute interviews with partners and managers. Very conversational interviews for the most part. A couple of them asked standard questions such as "tell me about a time you worked on a group project and what the positives and negatives were" and "describe a time when you went above and beyond expectations." One of the partners talked the entire time about his knowledge of the profession and stated that he did not even look at my resume. I think that this is a firm where it really depends on who you get for your interviewer. Not the cut and dry interview procedure that some larger firms do. My guess is that they just want to know that you can communicate and are a good fit personality-wise. After several interviews, my best advice is to be yourself because that is how you will find the best fit. Know the company and ask solid questions about the profession and company culture. Display a willingness to adapt and learn.

Interview Questions

• "Talk about a time where you had a different view than a co worker on something in the work place and how you dealt with it"   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interview

First round on campus interview was very laid back and conversational. On site visit consisted of three 30 minute interviews that were all very casual and conversational as well. Everyone at the firm was very approachable and made an effort to make you feel comfortable. Heard from the firm same day as the office visit. Overall very easy, relaxed process.

Intern Interview

Interview

I met the firm at a career fair initially applying for an internship postion. I ended up interviewing with the firm on campus and was accepted to their leadership program. At the program the firm interviewed for internship positions. The interviews were certainly a surprise to the candidates as the interviews were not shown explicitly on the schedule.

Interview Questions

• Not very technical questions. The most difficult questions for me were behavioral questions, but with a few good stories in mind they become easier to answer.   Answer Question

Winter Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in August 2014.

Interview

I got the interview after participating in the Summer Pathways Program. I interviewed with two people, 30 minutes each. It was a conversational type of interview. They asked me typical questions like "tell me about yourself," "why audit?" "why Mcgladrey" and one behavioral question. It was very relaxing, I was very myself.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I knew someone who worked in the office and they passed my resume on to HR. I had a simple phone interview followed by an office interview with 2 directors / Senior managers. The interview was very conversational and just looking to see how I would fit in with the firm. There were no technical questions or behavioral questions but more just trying to learn about my personality and working habits.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question to answer was just how I think I fit into their culture. With someone coming from very little work experience it was difficult for me to think of things that would add value to their firm.   Answer Question

Sumemr Tax Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Applied to the Pathways Leadership program on campus and was invited to participate in the program after a 30 minute on-campus interview. I had met the recruiter before so the interview went well. I participated in the two day program, and following the conclusion of the program I interviewed with one of the partners of the tax practice. Two days later I received an offer to join the company next summer in the tax department. I had a very positive experience with the company and I am looking forward to joining the company next summer.

Interview Questions

• Have you applied to or considered working for the Big 4?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

They have definite age restrictions. They like younger people to train and help with their process.
    They have quite a big turnover and have many international spots. They are flexible with the work schedule and easy to work for regarding time.

Interview Questions

• there were no suprises. I do not remember the process it has been to long.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They approached me to work many years ago. There was not an personal interview process.They were very friendly on the phone interview. The FDIC needed me to help on a project.

Audit Interview

Interview

2 interviews, one on campus and one at the main office. both interviews were conversational in nature. there was a pre-interview dinner before the first round. i felt like the interviews were just tests to see if you would fit with the company.

Interview Questions

• not difficult, but crucial question: why are you interested in mcgladrey? your answer to this question is pretty much all they need to know.   Answer Question