McGladrey LLP Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2012.

Selected for an on campus interview. After on campus interview, invited for an in house interview. Cocktail party the night before. In house interview took several hours and consisted of (3) 45 minute long interviews with upper management. Treated to lunch afterword.

Overall, very pleasant experience. The interview questions were all very basic interview questions, nothing technical what-so-ever.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in July 2012.

Networking is so important. I was working as an accounting clerk for a company. McGladrey audited the company I worked for and I began to talk to one of the auditors and he helped me understand what auditors did. He also knew the recruiter very well. He gave me her e-mail address and I sent my resume to the recruiter and she interviewed me for the pathway program through the phone. (The pathway program is a three-day thing and one of the best experiences ever!) On the third day they interview us for internship and full-time positions. I interviewed for the full-time position even though I didn't have experience working in an accounting firm. Three different people interviewed me, 30 minutes each. It was scary at first but once you start talking, you become familiar. I talked a lot about why I liked accounting and how it fits with my love for puzzles. After that, I took their cards if they gave me one or asked them if they didn't already. I e-mailed the interviewers individually on the same day (before I could forget what we talked about) and expressed my thanks and followed up on any discussion that was interesting or didn't have time to talk about in our interview. Well, that was my story. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any difficult questions believe or not. My interviewers really wanted to know about my personality and how I can fit as a team. I guess for those who have not really work in teams too often may find that question difficult?   Answer Question
    I really wanted to work for McGladrey, so when the recruiter called me and offered me the offer, I was ecstatic. She told me what my salary would be and told me that she would send all the benefits via e-mail for me to look at. I had 1 or 2 weeks to either accept/decline the offer. I accepted it right away the next day. The offer acceptance was an easy process. I made no negotiation because honestly I got offered a job at an accounting firm that I really wanted to work at. The benefits and compensations seemed good enough for me.

Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2012.

I applied through college career website as well as McGladrey website. Two weeks after submitting my application, I received a call to schedule an on-site interview. The interview consists of presentation about the firm and three one-on-one interviews. The day after the interview, I got a call from the recruiter giving me an offer.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2011.

I initially connected with McGladrey through 'Meet the Firms' event on campus. I applied through the campus career center for an on-campus interview with the firm, which required a resume, a cover letter, and an unofficial transcript. Within about a week, I was notified that I was selected for an interview. I had a 1:1 (30 minute) on-campus interview with a manager (who I had met at the 'Meet the Firms' event), which consisted of a few work experience and behavioral questions.

Approximately 2-3 weeks later, I was notified via e-mail that I was invited for an Office Visit. The night before the Office Visit, the firm hosted a 'Pre-Interview Mixer' at a local restaurant, where candidates had the opportunity to meet more professionals. The Office Visit consisted of three 1:1 (30 minute) interviews. I interviewed with a Director, a Partner, then a Manager. The interviewers spent about 15 minutes asking behavioral questions, and left the rest of the time for me to ask any questions I had (about the firm, the public accounting field, their career, etc.). Be prepared with questions!

After the interviews, the other candidates and I were taken out to lunch with an Associate and a Senior, where we had the opportunity to ask any last questions about the firm. Two days later I received a call with an offer from the Partner that I interviewed with. Overall, the process was very organized and enjoyable. Everyone who I interviewed with was very engaging and seemed happy to work at the firm.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for McGladrey (as opposed to another mid-tier or a Big Four firm)?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me?   View Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

On Campus Interviews- 1 manager interview
    In House interviews- 3 interviews with managers/supervisors
    Lunch with associates, senior associates, and supervisors (informal interview to see how you get along with the team)

Interview Questions
    • What is a time you had a challenge and how did you overcome it?
      Do you work well with others? How
        Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2010.

I actually interviewed for the summer audit internship, which followed a strict recruiting cycle. I first interviewed on-campus with a manager, then I was invited to interview in-house with 3 professionals (director, manager, associate). All interviewers were very courteous and friendly, and never asked anything too demanding. I had conversations with my interviewers about school, sports, and even music. The firm really wants to get to know your personality-- they know that they can teach anyone decently intelligent with their training programs, so personality and cultural fit seem to be the most important things they look for in a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be at McGladrey, as opposed to other mid-tier or big four firms?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with difficulty and how you went about resolving the issue.   Answer Question
    I was offered what I felt was slightly under the market rate across all firms, so I politely asked for a modified compensation package. The firm was very receptive and understanding of my request and re-sent my offer letter with a compensation package slightly higher than market rate. Worth a try, especially if you know you want to be with the firm.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2010.

pretty easy!!
    had a campus intereview with HR Rep. She was really nice. I asked pretty basic question from the resume.
    I was done 20 minis. After two day I got on email for second interview. I went to local office location for second interview. There were three interviewers in second interview, Partners, Audit supervisors and HR Rep. They took us for lunch at fancy Italian restaurant.
    It took about a month to get back to me for the final results.
    Interview question for all interviews are pretty basic and common.