McGladrey LLP Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Orlando, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

I was interviewing right out of college. There was one campus interview, one social event, a pre-office visit dinner, and an office visit. Their interview process was much longer than any of the other firms. Our first interview was in October and office visits didn't begin until the middle of November.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were the typical. They wanted to know about things on my resume, what type of experience I've had, where I want to go, what type of work I enjoy, how i handle conflict, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had already accepted another offer, so I declined upon receipt. There was no negotiation phase.

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2008.

Interview

Very Pleasant. Very straight forward questions with just a couple behavioral questions. Be sure to know why you want to work for them and where you want to go in your career.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Blue Bell, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

Had an on campus interview set up by mar schools career center. I was notified for a second interview a week or two later. I went in for the interview, had lunch, and met with 2 people for individual interviews. Overall it was a positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Irvine, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

On Campus Interviews- 1 manager interview
    In House interviews- 3 interviews with managers/supervisors
    Lunch with associates, senior associates, and supervisors (informal interview to see how you get along with the team)

Interview Questions

• What is a time you had a challenge and how did you overcome it?
      Do you work well with others? How

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP (South Florida, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview was with a partner, typical behavior questions. Shortly after I was invited to office visit. About 40 of us were interviewing, 3 back to back 30 min interviews. I thought they went well, almost entirely conversational, the last of the 3 definitely went less smooth than the others. Got a 'thanks but no thanks' email a few days later.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Standard interview process. First round--on campus. Second round--office visit with three interviewers.

It's important to make a good impression at events during the pre-interview stage. Getting to know the firm and the people handling recruiting at career fairs and social events goes a long way towards doing well during more formal interviews. I had already established a good report with my first-round interviewer at prior events, so the actual interview went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Interviews were mainly behavioral.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview to set up the interview and then met with a senior and partner in the office. At the office I got a tour at first and then went in for the interview. I was told I would receive a call back quickly.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a group situation that didn't go according to plan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2011.

Interview

After submitting my resume and other application materials online, I was invited to the office for an interview. There were several other candidates visiting the office that same day. I had two interviews, each 30 minutes long. I spoke with a Manager and a Partner in Tax. The questions they asked were conversational, mainly dealing with my work style and experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how comfortable I am doing research and using my findings practically.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

First round on-campus. Second round pre-interview dinner and then 4 1/2 hours at the office the next day, which included a company presentation, 3 one-on-one interviews with managers and directors, and lunch with staff at the end. Everyone there was friendly. However, not sure how they picked the people who got offers in the end. Perhaps based on a better cultural fit or a higher degree (MST?)

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. The interviews were very conversational and laid-back. Mostly wanted to get to know you. Will definitely ask why McGladrey and why tax.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Bethesda, MD) in December 2010.

Interview

The process went smoothly. They wanted to get a better idea of you as a person vs what your resume said.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any technical questions. They were more interested in getting to know your personality   Answer Question