McGladrey LLP Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview to set up the interview and then met with a senior and partner in the office. At the office I got a tour at first and then went in for the interview. I was told I would receive a call back quickly.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a group situation that didn't go according to plan?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Standard interview process. First round--on campus. Second round--office visit with three interviewers.

It's important to make a good impression at events during the pre-interview stage. Getting to know the firm and the people handling recruiting at career fairs and social events goes a long way towards doing well during more formal interviews. I had already established a good report with my first-round interviewer at prior events, so the actual interview went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Interviews were mainly behavioral.   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interview

First round on campus interview was very laid back and conversational. On site visit consisted of three 30 minute interviews that were all very casual and conversational as well. Everyone at the firm was very approachable and made an effort to make you feel comfortable. Heard from the firm same day as the office visit. Overall very easy, relaxed process.

Anonymous Employee in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP (South Florida, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview was with a partner, typical behavior questions. Shortly after I was invited to office visit. About 40 of us were interviewing, 3 back to back 30 min interviews. I thought they went well, almost entirely conversational, the last of the 3 definitely went less smooth than the others. Got a 'thanks but no thanks' email a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Boston, MA).

Interview

A pre-interview social the day before the interview. Mainly just talking to the tax manager and taz director about just anything in general. It was just a social event to see if you were able to carry on conversations. The next day was the on campus interview with the Tax director for 30 minutes. The HR and a greeter will be there to talk to you before the interview. The interview was really conversational with not a single behavioral question. It made me question how they really evaluate you as a candidate. They basically just hire the person they like I guess. The interview was enjoyable and the interview ended up went 20 minutes over time because I was the last one to be interviewed. I did not get a invitation to the second round interview and I have no idea what I did wrong.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Mcgladrey?
      Why Tax?
      Are you going to be in the area?

1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I was a campus recruit and I got to the office visit level . The campus recruiter was very friendly, she remembered me from numerous interactions prior and she answered any question I had. I then met with various tax partners who didn't ask me very many questions about the job, they were mainly focused on my personality and things I am interested in.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions, which was a nice change of pace, compared to an interview with a big 4 firm. I could tell McGladrey was trying to hire the best person and not the person with the highest GPA.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Bethesda, MD) in December 2010.

Interview

The process went smoothly. They wanted to get a better idea of you as a person vs what your resume said.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any technical questions. They were more interested in getting to know your personality   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Irvine, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

On Campus Interviews- 1 manager interview
    In House interviews- 3 interviews with managers/supervisors
    Lunch with associates, senior associates, and supervisors (informal interview to see how you get along with the team)

Interview Questions

• What is a time you had a challenge and how did you overcome it?
      Do you work well with others? How

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2009.

Interview

Job interview over the phone following successful internship in the different location. Phone interview was non-technical, basically just concerning inter-communicational skills, personality and career aspiration. Pleasant. It was conducted by two people: head of the practice areas in that location and second person in command in the same practice area.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

First round on-campus. Second round pre-interview dinner and then 4 1/2 hours at the office the next day, which included a company presentation, 3 one-on-one interviews with managers and directors, and lunch with staff at the end. Everyone there was friendly. However, not sure how they picked the people who got offers in the end. Perhaps based on a better cultural fit or a higher degree (MST?)

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. The interviews were very conversational and laid-back. Mostly wanted to get to know you. Will definitely ask why McGladrey and why tax.   Answer Question