McGraw Hill Financial Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial.

Interview

I received an email from one of the recruiters saying that I have been selected to have a quick phone chat the next day. I emailed back to say you can reach at 3:00 pm tomorrow. However, it has been passed 3:00 pm and I haven't received any phone calls from them, even no emails replied to me. I am so surprised at this situation, didn't expected this would happen, and could anyone tell me what should I do now? Btw, I looked up on the glassdoor interview reviews, they do have negative comments about the long-run process of their recruiter team, however, I didn't see any comments talking about the recruiters forgot or ignored the phone time. Anyone? Anyone can help?

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then was called in for an in-person interview. The interviewer didn't remember anything we had discussed on the phone. After the in-person interview, interviewer told me that interviewer wanted to bring me on but interviewer needed team approval, and that the team assistant would be in touch with me to schedule a meeting with the entire team. I emailed a week after the interview but received no response. After 3 weeks, I still had no heard anything. I emailed again and was finally told that the assistant would be in touch with me later that day. Assistant never contacted me. This was for an unpaid position.

Client Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (Denver, CO).

Interview

30 Minute screening call with their recruiter that asked some technical knowledge and experience questions regarding the stock markets. Then as in-person interview with hiring manager and one of his peers. They had a list of customer service related questions and also tested my skills on the computer including an Excel case study.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was contacted for a 5-10 min. phone interview in order for the company to gain a general knowledge of who I was. Then a 30 min. phone interview with a superior. Was then asked to come in for a formal interview with 3 executives.

Interview Questions

• What was one hardship that you faced in a previous position, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR which was very thorough in that they asked about commuting (can you get here from there) and if I was "in process" for any other job at any other company. The second interview was with the business unit manager, which I could see I wasn't connecting with and at one point seemed argumentative. I knew I was sunk when he cut the interview short to go to a meeting, and said someone will be in touch. What bothers me most is I never heard from them, not even the beige e-mail stating "thanks, but no thanks."

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was pretty uneventful but it did take a while to go through several rounds. Human Resources was also very slow in getting back and changes to acceptance letter needed to be negotiated. As for the interviews, most of the discussions were pretty straightforward and the individuals I met with were open in speaking about the company.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any question which was unexpected or difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ok

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial.

Interview

Great structured communication with hiring manager. Went through phone interview and second round in person with hiring manager and a panel of other managers/salesrep for one on one interviews.

Director IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial.

Interview

The interview process was considerately done; I received an email 2 business days before the proposed date and time and was asked to confirm my availability. The first phone interview was performed by the executive recruiter - they were polite and sociable which help to alleviate some of the potential stress. The recruiter studied my resume and knew it well so there were no questions like, 'tell me about yourself' - the questions were future-oriented, i.e: 'What is to you for your next position?' and 'How do you envision your role?' After about 20 minutes of a fairly free-formed discussion, the interviewer explained their background and the general requirements for the position. I asked a few questions and the interviewer confirmed that I was a candidate for the next interview round. The second phone interview was scheduled, and confirmed, 2 days later with a C-level executive manager; I was asked to spend about 15 minutes of uninterrupted time discussing: 1) my 'elevator pitch', 2) what is it that I like to do? 3) what am I proud of? and 4 ) a particular challenge. Subsequently, the executive manager explained who they were, their high-level goals for the organization and the goals and objectives of the open position. I asked a few questions and we ended the interview. The next day, I sent a 'thank you' email in the early AM and by midday the company confirmed that I would was not going to continue on to the next round of onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers use the technique of 'free-form' and uninterrupted discussions to not only see how well you can articulate your abilities but they are also trying to assess if you will be good fit into, what appears to be, a very close-knit and small organization.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial in January 2014.

Interview

I applied for an inside sales position. I had a phone interview a month after applying and an in person a month later. Next round would have been video with London management. They were undergoing a reorg; wanted inside salespeople to manage the relationship and maximize revenue from existing client base. I applied online; heard back from them about a month later to set up a phone interview. That round was just screening and pretty rote stuff. I got a called for a second interview about 2 weeks later. That interview ended up occurring about 2 months after my application- the pace was slow. Second interview was with the MD I would report to. I thought it went well, was surprised to get a form "we've decided not to follow up with you" email from HR about 2 weeks later. The 3rd round would have been a video interview with London (department is run from there).

Executive Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial.

Interview

I've been introduced by an agency. First interview was with the hirimg manger and a couple of peers. Final interview was with the head of recruiting.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a hiring manger who doesn't want to work with you and would prefer to use an outside agency?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for some more dollars and extra vacation time and was able to get it based on my prior exprience.