McGraw Hill Financial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial.

Interview Details – 1. Phone Interview with HR Recruiter
2. Phone Interview with Hiring Manager
3. In person Interview with VP of HR

Very Easy Interview

Senior Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Linux Systems Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial.

Interview Details – Somewhat straight-forward, nothing out of the ordinary. I would say interview was relatively easy.

Negotiation Details – I told them my minimum requirement and was offered exactly the same, since it was 20% raise for me, I took the offer

Very Easy Interview

Intervention Consultant Interview

Intervention Consultant
Columbus, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial in July 2012.

Interview Details – Best interview every, interview by recruiter and them background check

Interview Question – Interview was very layed back   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary on years of expereince

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Houston, TX

The process took 5 days - interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial in June 2009.

Interview Details – Excellent, fast, good information provided about the job, Mgmt. knowledgeable and experienced. HR informative and timely with updates.

Interview Question – Typical questions on experience and how it relates to the position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Went through head hunter, negotiations not directly with company. At point were with company, was given impression of more potential for increase than available by company standards. Negotiate base pay on front end, don't count on bonuses.

Events Interview

Events
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial in February 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Phone Interview
2. 1:1 Interview with Direct Reporting Manager
3. 1:1 Interview with #2's boss
4. 1:1 Interview with #3's boss

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated on more vacation days. But after the 1st year, they re-engaged on the agreed upon time.

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial in March 2012.

Interview Details – Fairly casual, behavioral questions such as "describe a challenging situation you have met."

Interview Question – If we want to enter the Latin America Market, how would you conduct the analysis   Answer Question

Publishing Representative Interview

Publishing Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initial call from recruiter along with a length phone screen, periodic touch bases in between. Two more interviews

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial in October 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring manager inflated the appeal of the opportunity. Once I was on board, the nature of the work was more junior than promised, and there was less staff available than discussed. I later learned that others had the same experience when they were recruited.

The background check took weeks and was excessive -- you just have to wait it out.

Interview Question – How do you attach metrics to your work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As with most companies, do your research, push for as much compensation as you can because once they have you, raises are tiny. Also, I had 3 weeks vacation with my then-current employer and they matched it. Get it in writing.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Logistics Analyst
New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial in November 2009.

Interview Details – Received a call from HR. Interviewed with HR Contact, Manager, Director and VP

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Communications
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial in July 2010.

Interview Details – It was fairly straightforward. I found the exchanges with the recruiter to be very pleasant and informative. The 1:1 with the hiring manager was a great conversation. However, the company HR manager was fairly reserved and not necessarily a great ambassador for the company. The interview felt less like an interrogation based on qualifications than maybe what someone might feel interviewing for a private club. I would say the culture is extremely conservative.

Interview Question – Where did you learn your management style?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at McGraw Hill Financial