McGraw Hill Financial Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial in April 2013.

Interview

HR was a little bit late in the game in my year, so I had a quick pre-screen interview and then 2 phone interviews with 2 hiring managers. Both lasted 20min. Wasn't hard, they asked me generic interview questions.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Interview

Short and your are a temp to perm for a long time until everyone else quits.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY).

Interview

1. Phone Interview with HR Recruiter
    2. Phone Interview with Hiring Manager
    3. In person Interview with VP of HR

Senior Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY).

Interview

Somewhat straight-forward, nothing out of the ordinary. I would say interview was relatively easy.

Negotiation

I told them my minimum requirement and was offered exactly the same, since it was 20% raise for me, I took the offer

Intervention Consultant Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (Columbus, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

Best interview every, interview by recruiter and them background check

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary on years of expereince

Publishing Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Initial call from recruiter along with a length phone screen, periodic touch bases in between. Two more interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Fairly casual, behavioral questions such as "describe a challenging situation you have met."

Interview Questions

• If we want to enter the Latin America Market, how would you conduct the analysis   Answer Question

Events Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

1. Phone Interview
    2. 1:1 Interview with Direct Reporting Manager
    3. 1:1 Interview with #2's boss
    4. 1:1 Interview with #3's boss

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated on more vacation days. But after the 1st year, they re-engaged on the agreed upon time.

Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

The overall process of interview to hiring was rather uneventful. Met with several individuals during the interview process and the discussions were pretty straightforward. The individuals were very open to discussing their average day, culture and their thoughts about the company and department. While the interviews went well, dealing with HR and hearing back from them was a bit annoying as waiting for acceptance letter slowed down the process.

Negotiation

Needed to discuss acceptance letter with Human Resources several times to get the language correct

Communications Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

It was fairly straightforward. I found the exchanges with the recruiter to be very pleasant and informative. The 1:1 with the hiring manager was a great conversation. However, the company HR manager was fairly reserved and not necessarily a great ambassador for the company. The interview felt less like an interrogation based on qualifications than maybe what someone might feel interviewing for a private club. I would say the culture is extremely conservative.