McGraw Hill Financial Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

2.8

Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

1. Phone Interview
    2. 1:1 Interview with Direct Reporting Manager
    3. 1:1 Interview with #2's boss
    4. 1:1 Interview with #3's boss

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated on more vacation days. But after the 1st year, they re-engaged on the agreed upon time.

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

The overall process of interview to hiring was rather uneventful. Met with several individuals during the interview process and the discussions were pretty straightforward. The individuals were very open to discussing their average day, culture and their thoughts about the company and department. While the interviews went well, dealing with HR and hearing back from them was a bit annoying as waiting for acceptance letter slowed down the process.

Negotiation

Needed to discuss acceptance letter with Human Resources several times to get the language correct

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

It was fairly straightforward. I found the exchanges with the recruiter to be very pleasant and informative. The 1:1 with the hiring manager was a great conversation. However, the company HR manager was fairly reserved and not necessarily a great ambassador for the company. The interview felt less like an interrogation based on qualifications than maybe what someone might feel interviewing for a private club. I would say the culture is extremely conservative.

Ratings Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Spoke to several managers after HR

Interview Questions

• Where would you expect to be in 3 to 5 years?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (Washington, DC) in May 2010.

Interview

Straight forward process with HR initial interviews and hiring manager(s) conducts follow up.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Received a call from HR. Interviewed with HR Contact, Manager, Director and VP

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

The hiring manager inflated the appeal of the opportunity. Once I was on board, the nature of the work was more junior than promised, and there was less staff available than discussed. I later learned that others had the same experience when they were recruited.

The background check took weeks and was excessive -- you just have to wait it out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As with most companies, do your research, push for as much compensation as you can because once they have you, raises are tiny. Also, I had 3 weeks vacation with my then-current employer and they matched it. Get it in writing.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

the whole process was very long and between the initial phone interview and the 1:1 it took them a very long time. When I was finally called in for the face-to-face they said they had already filled the position. Not too sure why they called me in at all... Well the hiring manager mentioned she had just started looking for someone. After the one hour long interview she said she was going to see if she can find someone else to interview me ( so that I meet with less people on the second interview) and then she came back and said no one was available.

Process and Documentation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (Burr Ridge, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Stay professional.

Interview Questions

I live 300 miles away. They would not negotiate salary or relocation benefits.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

After being contacted by a recuiter for a position with McGraw-Hill, I had an initial phone interview with the Hiring Manager. The questions were very antagonistic and I assumed the interview was going no where. Several weeks later, the recuiter contacted me to say they wanted me to come in for an in-person interview. I was skeptical, but figured I had nothing to lose.

I first met with the hiring manager who turned out to be more personable in person, but she asked alot of hypothetical questions without really asking me much about my background. Although we were scheduled for an hour, after 45 minutes, she glanced at her Blackberry and suddenly seemed distracted and excused herself. I was scheduled to speak to another person in 15 minutes, so I sat and waited...and waited....and waited. 30 minutes later, the other person arrived and he also proceeded to ask many hypothetical questions.

Very strange environment!

Interview Questions

• You have 2 buckets, one holds 5 gallons and one holds 3 gallons. How can you measure out 4 gallons of water?   4 Answers