Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at McGraw Hill Financial
- Intern (5)
- Project Manager (4)
- Editor (4)
- Compliance (2)
- Manager (2)
- Associate Director, Creative Services (1)
- Director Learning & Development (1)
- Publishing Representative (1)
- Bids & Contracts Coordinator (1)
- Field Representative, Higher Education (1)
- Intervention Consultant (1)
- Senior Linux Systems Engineer (1)
- REgional Planeer (1)
- Intern, Financial Analysis (1)
- Translation, Research (1)
- Research Operation (1)
- Senior Specialist, Corporate Accounting (1)
- Consultant (1)
- Communications (1)
- Director IT (1)
- Client Representative II (1)
- Product Manager (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Product Consultant (1)
- Software Engineer Intern (1)
- Analyst (1)
- Senior Human Resources Manager (1)
- Director (1)
- Process and Documentation Coordinator (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (London, England (UK)).
One hour competency based where interviewer asked prepared questions. Including background and behaviours. It was relatively straight forward and interviewed by two different internal managers with senior experience. Was a pretty organised process
- Scenarios 1 Answer
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (London, England (UK)) in May 2011.
Very standard interview with potential boss.
- Nothing really, standard questions. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months – interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (London, England (UK)) in January 2010.
Platts (McGraw-Hill) hiring is protracted and arduous. All the while it is managed by the inept and indifferent if not outright deceitful human resources department. They have several interviews and may lead you on in the belief that it''s almost over. Finally after they settle on hiring you they will take a further 3 to 4 weeks in performing background checks.
- Tell us about a time you failed at something. Answer Question
Absurd. There was some negotiation but make absolutely certain to get everything in writing and very explicit. At least two people that I know were offered reasonable bonuses which a year later turned out to be a fiction.