McGuireWoods Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2014
Updated Jun 12, 2014

2.7

Paralegal Interview

Scheduled phone screening interview the day after I submitted the application. Didn't hear anything for roughly six weeks before getting a call to schedule an in person. Didn't hear anything for another month after the in person interview. Got a call for a second in person for a different department.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Both interviews were more of a conversation just to see if they could bare spending time with you.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGuireWoods.

The atmosphere and people were very pleasant. The partners were so approachable and courteous that you did not know they were partners until told. After scoring well on the proficiency tests and interviewing with multiple people during a two-week period, I was offered more than I was seeking. It was an offer I could not refuse, so I accepted it and have had no regrets.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked by one of the interviewers if I had small children.   View Answer
    There was none; they offered more than I was seeking.

Trial Paralegal Interview

Personal connections to an attorney resulted in a one-on-one interview. Questions were basic. Need to have a strong resume and some experience working law. I had been on a mock trial team and was very familiar with legal documents and trial procedures.

Interview Questions
    • None were particularly difficult; just a matter of proving basic knowledge of legal practice and the job requirements. Must prove strong writing skills and proficiency in basic trial procedure.   Answer Question
    There wasn't one; as entry level, I took what I could get.

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at McGuireWoods in May 2011.

hiring process was good initially, with interview set up etc. However, after the interview there was no communication for six weeks. I assumed I was not getting hired, then got an offer. After that it took more than a month to get me set up to start.

Interview Questions
    • Descibe overall experience and confidence related to multi-state litigation.   View Answer
    they refused to negotiate the salaray at all.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at McGuireWoods.

3 interviews with Senior Attorneys, and HR then I was offered the job

Interview Questions
    a couple of interviews and I ending up working for the most difficult person to work for but the negotiations were worth it.

Lateral Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at McGuireWoods.

This seemed like a standard process for a large law firm; I met with a lot of people on the first trip and then was asked to come back out for a second trip just for lunch because one of the partners in the group had been gone the first day.

Interview Questions
    • You interview with everyone in a work group and each personality is different; look up bios ahead of time and simply be engaging; my experience helped me, and I think each person would be different depending on the needs at the time;   View Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at McGuireWoods in May 2008.

Met with attorneys for dinner, night before. Some questions about work experieence, then met with team following day. Follow up phone interviews

Not much negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at McGuireWoods in October 2009.

I was contacted for an interview about 2 days after I applied online. they asked standard hr behavioral interview questions. Asked about strengths, weaknesses, team work experience, ms office experience and how learned to prioritize my work tasks. learned that the company is a pretty formal atmosphere and has a rigid structure but does offer tuition assistance for full time staff employees.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work with a team. How did you have to adapt to work with each member. Would you rather work alone or with a team? Why?   Answer Question

Worked for McGuireWoods? Contribute to the Community!