McIntyre Group

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Temp to Perm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied online – interviewed at McIntyre Group.

The office seemed nice. There was a lot of paperwork to complete before meeting the people. The music that they have piped in was very loud. A bit too loud for my taste. Meeting the representatives for permanent positions and temp positions seemed nice. The interview went well and I expected to hear back, which I did.

I was called on Tuesday and told about a job and interview for Thursday. After the phone call I was sent an email saying I would be receiving information about the interview shortly. The email was sent to me at around 6 pm Wednesday asking me to call before the morning interview on Thursday. The information they sent me was nothing specific for the job. It was what you send someone interviewing for the first time, I have 13 years of experience and know how to interview. So, it took a day to get the address and name of the person I needed to meet. And when I called them, they didn't tell me anything that could help me for the interview.

In the year 2013, I do not know anyone who sends an email saying he/she will send the information shortly. People did that in the 90's, when getting acclimated to using emails. And for me, 'shortly' doesn't mean a day later.

If you tell people to call before a morning interview, have some specific information to help with the interview. There's no need to call before an interview when telling generic information.

Interview Questions