McKesson

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Accounting Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in November 2012.

I applied for the position using their careers website. The recruiter sent me an email request for a phone interview. After the phone interview, she set up a meeting with the finance director onsite.

I met with the director and one of the managers. The interview had a lot of behavioral and technical questions. They asked me to demonstrate my proficiency with Excel and asked for many examples of how I handle tough situations. After it was over, I was sent home with 'homework'. I had to write up my take on what the job entailed, and also state what I brought to the table. I completed the homework later that night and sent it via email to the director. The recruiter then called me and set up an interview with one of the finance executives.

I met with the executive for about an hour. We went over technical and behavioral questions. No homework this time. She mentioned that they might be reposting the position overall, which I thought was an odd statement during a finalist interview. I was told that I would hear back in the next week or two.

I never heard back. Not even a ding letter. I missed 1 1/2 days of work, completed homework and visited the facility twice and they couldn't even bother with a quick email telling me I didn't get the job. It was very unprofessional. The worst part? I interviewed with them back in 2011 and had the same experience then as well. It's common courtesy to update applicants. I can't believe such a huge company would have HR practices like this. Stay away!

Interview Questions
  • The homework, for sure. It wasn't difficult, just time consuming and unexpected.   Answer Question