McKesson

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson in May 2013.

Interview Details – Smooth, professional. Contract Recruiter, Company Recruiter, Hiring Manager, team interview then VP.

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – Was long and drawn out. 3 phone interviews with HR, mainly verifying interest in the position and personal information. The last with HR being the typical HR "what would you do" questions. 4th call was with the hiring manager, allowing them to evaluate phone etiquette. Another call from HR to confirm a face-to-face interview with hiring manager. Job offer came a week later.

Interview Question – If you didn't know how to resolve a customer issue, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR only asked my minimum after the face-to-face interview. There was no negotiation offered.

Vice President, Services Interview

Alpharetta, GA

Interview Details – Very thorough interview process, beginning with standard HR phone screening with behavioral interviewing questions. In house interview with 8 resources including hiring manager and his boss, peers, and 3 individual contributors one of whom was also a candidate. Final interview was an in-house presentation. No topic given.

Interview Question – No one question it the process including individual contributors that I would be managing was awkward and at times inappropriate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated vacation days and salary and was successful on both.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McKesson in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had 2 phone interviews with the company. The first was by a technical person. The second was by the hiring manager. They were both extremely nice and asked the typical Q's one would expect in an interview.

Interview Question – Nothing surprising   Answer Question

Software Configuration Management Engineer Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in June 2009.

Interview Details – Typical HR phone screen
On-site interview with team, manager and director
Offer within 2 weeks

Interview Question – I was a college hired so a lot of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You should always negotiate, I was a college hired so I didn't know better.

Very Easy Interview

Implementation Consultant Interview

Implementation Consultant
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McKesson in June 2012.

Interview Details – As a contractor this was a very smooth process.

Interview Question – How to handle multiple doctors at once.   Answer Question

Communications/Marketing Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, as you must with practically all positions now. There were no first- or second-tier, word-of-mouth leads that got me in the pipeline for an interview. I was initially interviewed by phone by a member of the HR department; it was a very standard battery of very legalistic, procedural questions. That took about 10 minutes and was over. I was told that if they were still interested, I'd hear from "someone soon." The following week, I was contacted by someone else in HR and a phoner was scheduled. It lasted about 45 minutes and was very detailed, though it was clear that she was reading from a prepared list of questions and had not really taken the time to understand my career history as spelled out on my resume. Once that was over, she said she'd forward my information to the hiring manager in the department and see if they still wished to proceed. That same day, I was sent an e-mail saying they wanted me to travel to the office (which is in a city other than where I live) and that McKesson would pick up the tab. As I was making arrangements to be away, I got an e-mail the next day saying that they had changed their mind and would be hiring someone else.

Interview Question – Basic questions - none too difficult.   Answer Question

Professional Services Manager Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in May 2009.

Interview Details – Met with 6 people. This included the hiring director, two managers, two VPs and the president of the business unit. Questions were pretty standard and fair. They basically asked about previous leadership experience and my management style.

Interview Question – What would be my biggest challenge in my new role and what is my 90 day strategy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR calls with an official offer. I counter offered and they met me in the middle. Not a lot of room to negotiate.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at McKesson in November 2011.

Interview Details – Director of Product Management didn't seem like he quite understood the role(s) of the Product Management methodology as he may not have had a formal training process so he asked a great deal about it. And, he had a bad temper, even on the phone! WOW.

Interview Question – What new processes would you bring?   View Answer

Accounting Internship Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McKesson in February 2012.

Interview Details – First interview was an on campus behavioral interview. Pretty standard stuff. About a month later there was another on-site interview with the hiring manager. It was more of a fit type interview. Everyone was nice throughout the whole process. The first interview was not specific to the job. I think that they just do a basic screen and then the next round is for a specific job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you lead a team, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McKesson interview questions and advice in Alpharetta, GA. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by McKesson employees and interview candidates.