McKesson

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with couple of recruiters who asked basic questions like past experience and knowledge on the skills that is required for the current position. Highlighting importance on the role of an analyst.

Interview Question – Which is better Chrome or IE   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in August 2010.

Interview Details – Meet and Greet at McKesson in Atlanta, followed by a few rounds of interviews. After some negotiations, was given verbal offer. Later I was told the hiring manager was no longer with McKesson and they asked that I start the process over. I said no thank you, and moved on.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work a little from home each night   Answer Question

The Woodlands, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson in December 2012.

Interview Details – The process was fluid but long. My resume was found on a I had a 30 min phone interview at the beginning of Nov 2012, from that I heard back in about a week to fill out an application. After I filled out the application and did not hear from them for about two weeks. I got a call at the beginning of December 2012 for an interview. I interviewed twice. I got a call the next day for a final interview. The offer was two days from the final interview. I did my drug test the same week. It took two weeks to process the background check. Process was about 45 days.

Negotiation Details – None

Emeryville, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in August 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application via LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter within 3 business days. Set up a screening interview with talent acquisition (about 30 minutes of discussion about my experience, the position and the company). About a week later, she set up an interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager took a 30 minute interview with me (screening) and then at the end of the interview informed me that HR would contact me later in the week. About a week and a half passed before I saw that the job had closed on the original posting, so I followed up with my recruiter on the status of the application. She got back in touch within a business day that they would be moving me to another interview with the team/group director, which was set up within a few days.

I completed the interview with the director who then informed me at the end of the interview that there would be an on-site with approximately 5-6 rounds of interviews. They set up my itinerary within about a week to week and a half. Flight, hotel and transportation were all very considerately handled. About a day before the interview, the agenda of the interview changed to include a skills test and lunch with hiring manager and director in addition to the interviews with various representatives of other teams. I completed the on-site in about half a business day (4-5 hours) and left for the airport after lunch. The following day, I received a call from HR about an offer and accepted.

Interview Question – Describe a type of person that you don't get along with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not a lot that I thought needed to be negotiated. Competitive salary and benefits, flexible start date and great opportunity for my career.

Carrollton, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening with HR recruiter. Then a 1 hour session with panel of 2 managers. Second time in was with the director.

Interview Question – Explain one situation when you had to deal with a difficult client or customer.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at McKesson in September 2010.

Interview Details – Behavioral-based interview questions

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Carrollton, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through the company website and received a call the following day. First a phone interview, and then an in-person interview with another recruiter. I then received a call for another in-person interview with the hiring manager. During the interview, she told me that she had been interviewing for months for this role and had repeatedly changed and reposted the position. I called and emailed HR afterwards, but no response. I called my recruiter again and she didn't bother calling back- she just sent me a ding email. I wasn't surprised to see the exact same position listed as a 'new' position on their website a week later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for McKesson?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at McKesson

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McKesson Analyst interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by McKesson employees and interview candidates.