McKesson

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in August 2010.

Interview Details – Meet and Greet at McKesson in Atlanta, followed by a few rounds of interviews. After some negotiations, was given verbal offer. Later I was told the hiring manager was no longer with McKesson and they asked that I start the process over. I said no thank you, and moved on.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work a little from home each night   Answer Question

Senior Performance Test Engineer Interview

Senior Performance Test Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – It was 4 step process. First with HR, Manager Level, Team Level, Test Team Level

Interview Question – Where you want to be in next 5 yrs   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, just you can say that what you are looking for and check the market value before negotiation. Give them enough room to think and make a decision.

Corporate Strategy and Business Development Manager Interview

Corporate Strategy and Business Development Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at McKesson in December 2012.

Interview Details – The recruitment process was explained as being straight forward. The initial interview went really well and this was confirmed by HR recruiter. The questions were behavioral and resume focused. For the next steps, she explained to me that after the holidays she would be contacting me to set my second interview and to please remain interested. This was confirmed by email as well. However, I did not hear any word from the recruiter. I decided to contact another recruiter at McKesson to reiterate my interest but also express concern. She emailed me back with a very unprofessional and non-detailed message simply stating the position is no longer available. I am concluding that someone dropped the ball.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Organizational Change Manager Interview

Organizational Change Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on-line (via LinkedIn) and had the HR rep for the position contact me directly. We set up a time to speak over the phone and chatted for about 30 minutes about my background and my interests. She then asked me to speak to the head of the team over the phone. The Team Lead asked about my experience and spoke more on the context of the role and expactions for performance. She asked me to submit 5 examples of my work, which I did. Next, I was invited in to speak to 5-6 people that would interact directly with this role for one day of back-to-back discussions (including lunch). Everyone seemed quite laid back but very passionate about their work. There was clear frustration with the challenges the department weas facing.

Each step took about a week to progress. I was made the offer the Monday after the Friday interviews on site.

Interview Question – How would you bring about alignment between senior executives from difference business units and/or affiliate/subsidiaries?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer as it was a narrower version of my current job witha MUCH lower base and very little flexibility for upward movement (in seniority or base pay). It is a great role working with (what seemed to be) decent colleagues just not right for me at the time.

Data Auditor Interview

Data Auditor
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in August 2010.

Interview Details – I meet with the hiring manager who was real nice. He did not have a list of prepared questions nor did he write down any of my answers. He talked about the job mostly. He introduced me to another manager who I would not report too. He made it out like I had the job. I never heard back nor did I get a rejection letter either. Very strange.

Interview Question – Tell me about your self. Nothing hard at all.   View Answer

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at McKesson in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was an all day affair. Several students from my college were brought in that day and we took tours of the day and night operations. Also, having a total of 4 separate interviews through out the day. 3 interview were behavioral based and read from a script that the Mangers had to stick with. However, the last interview was the Operations manager and he just wanted to talk to you as a person and get a feel for your personality and what you could be to McKesson. Also, the people interviewing us were the actually managers and not just HR personnel.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time that you had to lead a group of people and what skill did you use.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McKesson in March 2009.

Interview Details – Met with recruiter at college fair. Had 1:1 interview with recruiter - behavioral questions. Then, had "technical" interview with hiring manager. The interview was not technical at all but that is up to the hiring manager what they wish to ask.

Interview Question – What's your 5-year and 10-year plan?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I felt lucky to receive the offer and it was higher than I had been paid at past jobs.

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!