McKesson Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with HR then 3 interviews onsite a few days later. Informal and laid back. Mostly talked about what's happening in the business unit and what the teams are working on. Also spent time on what is in pipeline and direction of the company. They wanted to know the reason for my leaving the previous company.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle challenged that come up during the project that may affect the timeline?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Done remotely over the phone, spoke with 2 recruiters but did not hear back. Was supposed to get assistance from the company since I had been laid off, but did not appear to assist former employees with the interview process for a new position

Interview Questions

• What type of implementation had I done in the past.   1 Answer

Internal Consulting Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I used an internal contact to help secure the interview. Did face to face with two people and a teleconference with the third. The campus was really nice. The building was beautiful and security was tight. The people from security on up were exceptionally friendly and nice. One of the interviewers had a conflict and we were easily able to reschedule that - one of the assistants there even offered to hold a conference room so that it could take place. Questions asked were standard type questions, with some lingo that is probably McKesson specific. They dive exceptionally deeply into the topic so be prepared to speak to anything at the micro level.

Interview Questions

• To give the wave caps of my career   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Was long and drawn out. 3 phone interviews with HR, mainly verifying interest in the position and personal information. The last with HR being the typical HR "what would you do" questions. 4th call was with the hiring manager, allowing them to evaluate phone etiquette. Another call from HR to confirm a face-to-face interview with hiring manager. Job offer came a week later.

Interview Questions

• If you didn't know how to resolve a customer issue, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR only asked my minimum after the face-to-face interview. There was no negotiation offered.

Vice President, Services Interview

Application

Interview

Very thorough interview process, beginning with standard HR phone screening with behavioral interviewing questions. In house interview with 8 resources including hiring manager and his boss, peers, and 3 individual contributors one of whom was also a candidate. Final interview was an in-house presentation. No topic given.

Interview Questions

• No one question it the process including individual contributors that I would be managing was awkward and at times inappropriate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated vacation days and salary and was successful on both.

Senior Performance Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was 4 step process. First with HR, Manager Level, Team Level, Test Team Level

Interview Questions

• Where you want to be in next 5 yrs   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, just you can say that what you are looking for and check the market value before negotiation. Give them enough room to think and make a decision.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and lengthy. Involved several phone call interviews, and two of face-to-face interviews. Interacted with no less that 8 individuals, felt the interviewers were very prepared and interested in the process. Tough, but great experience.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews with the company. The first was by a technical person. The second was by the hiring manager. They were both extremely nice and asked the typical Q's one would expect in an interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Smooth, professional. Contract Recruiter, Company Recruiter, Hiring Manager, team interview then VP.

Communications/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online, as you must with practically all positions now. There were no first- or second-tier, word-of-mouth leads that got me in the pipeline for an interview. I was initially interviewed by phone by a member of the HR department; it was a very standard battery of very legalistic, procedural questions. That took about 10 minutes and was over. I was told that if they were still interested, I'd hear from "someone soon." The following week, I was contacted by someone else in HR and a phoner was scheduled. It lasted about 45 minutes and was very detailed, though it was clear that she was reading from a prepared list of questions and had not really taken the time to understand my career history as spelled out on my resume. Once that was over, she said she'd forward my information to the hiring manager in the department and see if they still wished to proceed. That same day, I was sent an e-mail saying they wanted me to travel to the office (which is in a city other than where I live) and that McKesson would pick up the tab. As I was making arrangements to be away, I got an e-mail the next day saying that they had changed their mind and would be hiring someone else.