McKesson Field Service Engineer Interview Questions

1.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Service Engineer Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McKesson in July 2009.

Interview was professional and very good but very little effort was spent to get a feel for your true ability to fix hardware. Not sure if this was due to my resume or their confidence that they could train that during the 9 weeks of training provided. Airplane tickets, limo, lunch etc provided for in person interview.

Interview Questions
  • Was asked to identify components of their hardware, some of the components are fairly old and some stuff I've never seen before.   View Answer
McKesson has a mindset that "this is the way we do things" so there is no room for negotiating or stepping out the lines, you will do things the McKesson way. McKesson also blatantly states that they pay "Middle of the Road", so enter this knowing that you are working for an average company with average expectations and average compensation.

Other Interview Reviews for McKesson

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at McKesson in March 2010.

The first step of the interview process was a pre-screen phone call to assess suitability for the position. Conversation was easy and direct, as if the interviewer had a very strict script. The call lasted 30 minutes, exactly what she estimated. They were very upfront with the salary and benefits, so that wouldn't be a surprise. I then had a 30 minute phone call with the service manager which also lasted about 30 minutes. Shortly thereafter I was asked to fly to the headquarters in Pittsburgh. I met with the service manager and proceeded to the manufacturing facility and I was shown the equipment that they make. I was asked a series of questions, mostly to identify and describe key components of their robots. The equipment was very easy to understand, and nothing was rocket science. McKesson picked all travel expenses related to the interview. People seemed nice, newer equipment seemed interesting.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been caught off guard by an angry customer upon arriving onsite? What did you do?   View Answers (2)

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!