McKesson Health Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.3

Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McKesson Health Solutions in September 2014.

Phone Interview 1 of 2 before an in-person interview.
    Pre-Qualification questions: authorized to work in US, do you meet the critical skills necessary, highest level of education, how long before you'd be willing to have a phone interview, are you interviewing with other companies? Brief overview of previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • None. Very straight-forward questions. They'll ask more detailed questions on 2nd phone interview & in-person interviews   View Answer

Relay Health Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McKesson Health Solutions in May 2013.

I was initially contacted by a personable, professional and knowledgeable recruiter who then passed my credentials onto another recruiter on the East Coast. This individual was formerly with Spherion and lacked knowledge of the technology and was rather confrontational.

Interview Questions
    • Is there something I should know?? She used a very accusatory tone?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson Health Solutions.

I was working for another company and posted my resume on a job search website. Someone from McKesson called me about 2 days after I posted my resume and immediately scheduled a phone interview with one of the managers. The telephone interview was more of a discussion instead of question/answer session. The manager wanted to know about my career goals. At the end of the call, he told me that he would get with HR to fly me out for a face-to-face interview. The very next week, I went to the office and met with 3 or 4 managers individually. Once again, it was more of a conversation than a question/answer session. A day or so later, I received a call from HR with a job offer. Overall the hiring and interview process was very fast and easy.

Very easy.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKesson Health Solutions in November 2010.

Starts with a phone interview from HR, then came in for an onsite orientation which composed of 5 separate interviews (some were 1-1, others had 2 interviewers). Questions ranged from behavioral to technical.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKesson Health Solutions in August 2009.

Just based on the interview process and lack of communication from HR, I would be careful considering a job at this company. They are a small organization - 50 employees, so a high risk!

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at McKesson Health Solutions in October 2008.

The actual interview process consisted of the following steps:
    -- Phone interview / screening with the Corporate Recruiter
    -- Phone interview with the Hiring Manager (a Director)
    -- In-person interviews (both 1:1 and group) on site

I had to follow up quite a bit after the actual on-site interviews, but this was quite understandable as I was interviewing during a time when the economy was surely and rapidly heading into a seemingly bottomless recession. After I accepted the offer, I had to undergo a background check.

For the position I interviewed for, sound knowledge of Java programming and databases should have carried any candidate through. Expect to be challenged to think beyond your past projects during the technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Through the use of UML diagrams, describe a system that you worked on (designed, coded etc). How would you improve the design? How would you improve the efficiency? What are the trade-offs?   View Answer
    The recruiter was able to find quickly a middle ground which was mutually acceptable. However, I'm not one prone to spending a whole lot of time haggling.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

The process took a weekinterviewed at McKesson Health Solutions in May 2008.

The interviews took place over the phone, in person and also within a group setting. The questions were behavioral in nature.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where something you did not go well? What would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McKesson Health Solutions in January 2014.

lots of interviews and long wait times. Told that there was an urgent need to fill the job and then they never got back to me, I had to email to find out, what the delay was

Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson Health Solutions in January 2012.

Initial call from recruiter then one-on-one interview with manager.