McKesson Health Solutions

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Relay Health Sales Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McKesson Health Solutions in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a personable, professional and knowledgeable recruiter who then passed my credentials onto another recruiter on the East Coast. This individual was formerly with Spherion and lacked knowledge of the technology and was rather confrontational.

Interview Question – Is there something I should know?? She used a very accusatory tone?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Westminster, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson Health Solutions.

Interview Details – I was working for another company and posted my resume on a job search website. Someone from McKesson called me about 2 days after I posted my resume and immediately scheduled a phone interview with one of the managers. The telephone interview was more of a discussion instead of question/answer session. The manager wanted to know about my career goals. At the end of the call, he told me that he would get with HR to fly me out for a face-to-face interview. The very next week, I went to the office and met with 3 or 4 managers individually. Once again, it was more of a conversation than a question/answer session. A day or so later, I received a call from HR with a job offer. Overall the hiring and interview process was very fast and easy.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Blue Bell, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McKesson Health Solutions in November 2010.

Interview Details – Starts with a phone interview from HR, then came in for an onsite orientation which composed of 5 separate interviews (some were 1-1, others had 2 interviewers). Questions ranged from behavioral to technical.

Interview Questions

Corporate Interview

Blue Bell, PA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at McKesson Health Solutions in May 2008.

Interview Details – The interviews took place over the phone, in person and also within a group setting. The questions were behavioral in nature.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where something you did not go well? What would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Implementation Consultant Interview

Implementation Consultant
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at McKesson Health Solutions in August 2009.

Interview Details – Just based on the interview process and lack of communication from HR, I would be careful considering a job at this company. They are a small organization - 50 employees, so a high risk!

Interview Question – describe the technical architecture of solutions   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Implementation Consultant
Blue Bell, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McKesson Health Solutions in October 2008.

Interview Details – The actual interview process consisted of the following steps:
-- Phone interview / screening with the Corporate Recruiter
-- Phone interview with the Hiring Manager (a Director)
-- In-person interviews (both 1:1 and group) on site

I had to follow up quite a bit after the actual on-site interviews, but this was quite understandable as I was interviewing during a time when the economy was surely and rapidly heading into a seemingly bottomless recession. After I accepted the offer, I had to undergo a background check.

For the position I interviewed for, sound knowledge of Java programming and databases should have carried any candidate through. Expect to be challenged to think beyond your past projects during the technical interviews.

Interview Question – Through the use of UML diagrams, describe a system that you worked on (designed, coded etc). How would you improve the design? How would you improve the efficiency? What are the trade-offs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The recruiter was able to find quickly a middle ground which was mutually acceptable. However, I'm not one prone to spending a whole lot of time haggling.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson Health Solutions in January 2012.

Interview Details – Initial call from recruiter then one-on-one interview with manager.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for McKesson Health Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McKesson Health Solutions interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by McKesson Health Solutions employees and interview candidates.