McKesson Information Solutions Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Product Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in February 2013.

A phone screening call with a recruiter and then your information is sent over to the hiring manager who contacts you if they are interested. I rated the experience negative because they do not inform you that you were not selected you are kind of just left in limbo.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in December 2010.

First interview was with hiring manager 1 on 1 and then met with other team members. It went very well, comfortable and somewhat informal. I was able to see the work environment and it was a cluster of cubes with low walls. Relaxed business casual dress. Hiring manager thoroughly explained the job and the positions customers.
    Second interview was with a stake holder of the hiring manager's dept deliverables. Barely a dotted line relationship. This guy was 15 minutes late and when he did arrive he gave me the top to bottom to top check out. Yes, you know the one. He spent the first 30 minutes of the interview informing me of his greatness and the last 10 minutes of the interview telling me he wasn't going to be with the company much longer if he could help it.
    HR took weeks to get back to me on the job. I was told repeatedly that I was the top candidate and expected to get an offer. The day before Christmas, 4 weeks after the 2nd interview, HR left me a voice mail saying they extended an offer to someone else. At least I finally had an answer.

Interview Questions
    • How many golf ball are in the air at this moment?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in March 2010.

I went to a recruiting dinner, which was informal and informative. The initial interview was a few standard behavioral questions. I got a call saying I made it to the next round a week or so later. That consisted of a 5 minute presentation, 5 minute sales call, and a 30 minute 1 on 1 with the director. They call that their "first round." It's pretty nerve wrecking, but it turned out to be pretty low stress. Everyone was really nice. The final round came a couple of weeks later, and that was only a 30 minute phone interview. I don't quite understand the logic of that, but oh well.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in March 2009.

Intial phone interview and then 1:1 interview with 3 potenial managers. Asked for work background and skills but very informal overall.

Interview Questions
    None - was desperate at the time and took initial offer.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in November 2008.

Fairly simple. They look for sales AND industry experience...otherwise you're kind of out of luck. They look for people who have been VERY successful in the past. If you have a clinical background it is a plus but they will take just successful too. They are open about hiring people who have worked for the competition (Cerner, Eclipsys, Epic, etc.) but only if you have a proven track record. The east coast office is very formal. Aim to be the best dressed person in the room. They are a charismatic bunch but don't be afraid to ask them how you're doing and what their perception is of you and what your chances are. Also, in the words of an SRVP they "Don't do Friends and Family." Come on your own and be great and you're in.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would do well here?   View Answer
    Know someone on the inside to tell whether or not you're getting a good deal or not.