McKesson Information Solutions Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

A/R Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clinton Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI

I interviewed online - interviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in March 2010.

Apply on-line at McKesson's website. Over the phone interview by HR recruiter, interview with hiring manager, if chosen, application and disclosures to fill out and return via electronic signature, offer is made and accepted or denied, than must pass a drug test and background check. This process takes a 1-3 weeks for non-exempt employees. Interview was general questions relevant to the position and your experience, as well, relevance to your resume. Mostly standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember anything too difficult or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation of my position. Based on experience and pay rate at time of hiring for new employees.

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in October 2010.

Was contacted thru a recruiter who worked the details of the interview. Did 3 interviews with hiring manager and peer group. The questions were standard questions asked typically for project manager positions.

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at McKesson Information Solutions.

The company I was working for was acquired by McKesson, so there was no formal interview with the company. We just had to go through the background checks and drug tests.

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in November 2010.

Phone interview followed with one on one meeting with hiring authority

no negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glens Falls, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glens Falls, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in June 2011.

Very lengthy interview process, the bulk of which is handled by phone. Only after several phone interviews does one then interview face-to-face with the future supervisor at the future job location.
    The interviewers were all very professional, accomodating, and patient.

Interview Questions
    • What was the mmost difficult situation ever encountered as a customer service rep, and how did I resolve it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Found position thru a recruiting firm. 1st interview was with VP. Company employed the STAR technique. Roughly 45 min long. Conversation was somewhat informal and very relaxed. Felt confident and thought things went well. Did not hear back for 1 month. Then abrubtly was contacted for a 2nd interview. This was with the Director. Very similar questions and interview as first one. Received a call and offer immediately afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • STAR technique. Situation, Task, Action, Result. e.g. Tell me about a time you led/iniitated a project?   Answer Question
    Offer was higher than expected. No negotiation necessary.

Product Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in February 2013.

A phone screening call with a recruiter and then your information is sent over to the hiring manager who contacts you if they are interested. I rated the experience negative because they do not inform you that you were not selected you are kind of just left in limbo.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in April 2012.

I had an initial interview request through a trusted recruiter, asking if I could interview by Phone 2 days later in the afternoon. I rarely have plans, but did this afternoon. I took a short term gig it took them so long to interview me. Then I finally heard word and interviewed by phone 3 weeks later. Luckily I had my short term gig to tied me over. Once I did the mid week interview, I went into the office the next week, and had an offer by the next day. I started work soon after that.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall a difficult or unexpected question. It was an overall good interview.   Answer Question
    I worked through a local recruiter so my terms were already accepted before I interviewed.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Wheeling, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in April 2012.

When I appied this position, they didn't offer sponsorship for F1 students. During the phone interview, I was not asked professional questions. Most questions were based on my resume. Recruiter asked me talked about my work experience and what my duties were. They didn't sponsor H1B VISA, in that time but recruiter said she would put me in waiting list. They may offer later. I don't know if she put me in the list or just euphemise.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in December 2010.

First interview was with hiring manager 1 on 1 and then met with other team members. It went very well, comfortable and somewhat informal. I was able to see the work environment and it was a cluster of cubes with low walls. Relaxed business casual dress. Hiring manager thoroughly explained the job and the positions customers.
    Second interview was with a stake holder of the hiring manager's dept deliverables. Barely a dotted line relationship. This guy was 15 minutes late and when he did arrive he gave me the top to bottom to top check out. Yes, you know the one. He spent the first 30 minutes of the interview informing me of his greatness and the last 10 minutes of the interview telling me he wasn't going to be with the company much longer if he could help it.
    HR took weeks to get back to me on the job. I was told repeatedly that I was the top candidate and expected to get an offer. The day before Christmas, 4 weeks after the 2nd interview, HR left me a voice mail saying they extended an offer to someone else. At least I finally had an answer.

Interview Questions
    • How many golf ball are in the air at this moment?   View Answer

Worked for McKesson Information Solutions? Contribute to the Community!