McKesson Information Solutions Interview Questions

2.8

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in November 2010.

Phone interview followed with one on one meeting with hiring authority

no negotiation

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in October 2010.

Was contacted thru a recruiter who worked the details of the interview. Did 3 interviews with hiring manager and peer group. The questions were standard questions asked typically for project manager positions.

A/R Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI

I applied online – interviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in March 2010.

Apply on-line at McKesson's website. Over the phone interview by HR recruiter, interview with hiring manager, if chosen, application and disclosures to fill out and return via electronic signature, offer is made and accepted or denied, than must pass a drug test and background check. This process takes a 1-3 weeks for non-exempt employees. Interview was general questions relevant to the position and your experience, as well, relevance to your resume. Mostly standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember anything too difficult or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation of my position. Based on experience and pay rate at time of hiring for new employees.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in March 2010.

I went to a recruiting dinner, which was informal and informative. The initial interview was a few standard behavioral questions. I got a call saying I made it to the next round a week or so later. That consisted of a 5 minute presentation, 5 minute sales call, and a 30 minute 1 on 1 with the director. They call that their "first round." It's pretty nerve wrecking, but it turned out to be pretty low stress. Everyone was really nice. The final round came a couple of weeks later, and that was only a 30 minute phone interview. I don't quite understand the logic of that, but oh well.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas City, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas City, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in February 2010.

initial phone screen with later two in person interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in November 2009.

A panel of three interviewers that asked me technical questions relevant to their area of responsibility. Nothing too hard just wanted to make sure you know what you are taling about.

HQ Professional Position Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in June 2009.

I interviewed with at least 10 people, as I got pretty far into the interview process. I was very impressed with the caliber of people I met, and also was impressed that they all seemed quite affable. From what I could tell of the culture, it is probably a great place to work. I was disappointed to not get an offer, but hey, that's life.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in March 2009.

Intial phone interview and then 1:1 interview with 3 potenial managers. Asked for work background and skills but very informal overall.

Interview Questions
    None - was desperate at the time and took initial offer.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in November 2008.

Fairly simple. They look for sales AND industry experience...otherwise you're kind of out of luck. They look for people who have been VERY successful in the past. If you have a clinical background it is a plus but they will take just successful too. They are open about hiring people who have worked for the competition (Cerner, Eclipsys, Epic, etc.) but only if you have a proven track record. The east coast office is very formal. Aim to be the best dressed person in the room. They are a charismatic bunch but don't be afraid to ask them how you're doing and what their perception is of you and what your chances are. Also, in the words of an SRVP they "Don't do Friends and Family." Come on your own and be great and you're in.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would do well here?   View Answer
    Know someone on the inside to tell whether or not you're getting a good deal or not.

Technical Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in November 2011.

Process began with recruiter phone interview of about 1 hour. Asked pretty standard questions relating to experience.
    Then interviewed with the manager who I would be working for by phone- this interview lasted a couple of hours and was a mix of behavioral questions--tell me about a time when you... Also asked reasons behind why I wanted to work for McKesson. One of the things I think he appreciated was that I mentioned the long history of the company and would like to be a part of its continuing success into the next century.

Made it to round three which consisted of the hiring manager sending me some files about one of their products and then asking me to put together a 15 minute training presentation--notes and PowerPoint to present at the final interview. I had 24 hours to put this together with an additional requirement- that I also do a training presentation on a subject matter of my choice.

At final interview, face to face, I had to do a training session on the two items above and then answer another slew of off the cuff situational questions using the incident, problem, solution format. Total time for this interview was about 3 hours.

I then received an email from recruiting the next day telling me thanks but no thanks. In retrospect, I should have kept the situational responses more to the point but I am a trainer and am used to talking at length.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed at handling a work-related situation? What happened, what did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question