McKesson Information Solutions

2.9

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in May 2011.

I worked with a phone recruiter first, and he kept me very up-to-date with what was going on with my recruiting. At each step he e-mailed me in advance to let me know what to expect. I was not selected for the first position I applied for, but I have already applied for another position.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in December 2010.

First interview was with hiring manager 1 on 1 and then met with other team members. It went very well, comfortable and somewhat informal. I was able to see the work environment and it was a cluster of cubes with low walls. Relaxed business casual dress. Hiring manager thoroughly explained the job and the positions customers.
    Second interview was with a stake holder of the hiring manager's dept deliverables. Barely a dotted line relationship. This guy was 15 minutes late and when he did arrive he gave me the top to bottom to top check out. Yes, you know the one. He spent the first 30 minutes of the interview informing me of his greatness and the last 10 minutes of the interview telling me he wasn't going to be with the company much longer if he could help it.
    HR took weeks to get back to me on the job. I was told repeatedly that I was the top candidate and expected to get an offer. The day before Christmas, 4 weeks after the 2nd interview, HR left me a voice mail saying they extended an offer to someone else. At least I finally had an answer.

Interview Questions
    • How many golf ball are in the air at this moment?   View Answer

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in November 2010.

Phone interview followed with one on one meeting with hiring authority

no negotiation

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in October 2010.

Was contacted thru a recruiter who worked the details of the interview. Did 3 interviews with hiring manager and peer group. The questions were standard questions asked typically for project manager positions.

A/R Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI

I applied online – interviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in March 2010.

Apply on-line at McKesson's website. Over the phone interview by HR recruiter, interview with hiring manager, if chosen, application and disclosures to fill out and return via electronic signature, offer is made and accepted or denied, than must pass a drug test and background check. This process takes a 1-3 weeks for non-exempt employees. Interview was general questions relevant to the position and your experience, as well, relevance to your resume. Mostly standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember anything too difficult or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation of my position. Based on experience and pay rate at time of hiring for new employees.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in March 2010.

I went to a recruiting dinner, which was informal and informative. The initial interview was a few standard behavioral questions. I got a call saying I made it to the next round a week or so later. That consisted of a 5 minute presentation, 5 minute sales call, and a 30 minute 1 on 1 with the director. They call that their "first round." It's pretty nerve wrecking, but it turned out to be pretty low stress. Everyone was really nice. The final round came a couple of weeks later, and that was only a 30 minute phone interview. I don't quite understand the logic of that, but oh well.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas City, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas City, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in February 2010.

initial phone screen with later two in person interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in November 2009.

A panel of three interviewers that asked me technical questions relevant to their area of responsibility. Nothing too hard just wanted to make sure you know what you are taling about.

HQ Professional Position Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in June 2009.

I interviewed with at least 10 people, as I got pretty far into the interview process. I was very impressed with the caliber of people I met, and also was impressed that they all seemed quite affable. From what I could tell of the culture, it is probably a great place to work. I was disappointed to not get an offer, but hey, that's life.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in March 2009.

Intial phone interview and then 1:1 interview with 3 potenial managers. Asked for work background and skills but very informal overall.

Interview Questions
    None - was desperate at the time and took initial offer.