McKesson Information Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Trainer Interview

Technical Trainer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKesson Information Solutions in November 2011.

Interview Details – Process began with recruiter phone interview of about 1 hour. Asked pretty standard questions relating to experience.
Then interviewed with the manager who I would be working for by phone- this interview lasted a couple of hours and was a mix of behavioral questions--tell me about a time when you... Also asked reasons behind why I wanted to work for McKesson. One of the things I think he appreciated was that I mentioned the long history of the company and would like to be a part of its continuing success into the next century.

Made it to round three which consisted of the hiring manager sending me some files about one of their products and then asking me to put together a 15 minute training presentation--notes and PowerPoint to present at the final interview. I had 24 hours to put this together with an additional requirement- that I also do a training presentation on a subject matter of my choice.

At final interview, face to face, I had to do a training session on the two items above and then answer another slew of off the cuff situational questions using the incident, problem, solution format. Total time for this interview was about 3 hours.

I then received an email from recruiting the next day telling me thanks but no thanks. In retrospect, I should have kept the situational responses more to the point but I am a trainer and am used to talking at length.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed at handling a work-related situation? What happened, what did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at McKesson Information Solutions

Worked for McKesson Information Solutions? Contribute to the Community!