McKesson Interview Questions

2.7

Government Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in March 2015.

Long and lengthy process. I interviewed with 7 people over a period of 3 weeks. I only did one in person interview and the other 6 were over the phone. Overall, it was pretty easy going. They stated the salary upfront before the interview process began. I asked if it was negotiable and they said depending upon the hiring manager.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in February 2015.

Received a screening interview fairly quickly. All the questions were very general based on work history. Recruiter said because I was an internal referral, I would get a call back from the head recruiter or even pushed to the hiring manager. Didn't hear back for a week and when I followed up - I didn't get the rejection email for another few days.

Interview Questions
    • Did you graduate college? How much experience do you have with pivot tables? (This was emphasized greatly.)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hadley, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Hadley, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in February 2015.

Had a one hour technical interview with 4 team members, of whom I would work with if I were hired. Then I sat with the branch director for a half an hour, then 2 of the managers for a half an hour, asking high level project and personal questions. Interview went very smoothly

Interview Questions
    • Find errors in this code, and improve any algorithms you can.   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson.

Initial over the phone interview. Said I would go on but took two months to set up next interview. Lots of follow-up on my end. Then about two weeks for additional interviews until offer.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions were asked during the process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Interviews were two rounds, phone screen with HR & in-person. Phone screen was approximately an hour, and was more intense than most typical phone screens. Big focus on graduate education, problem-solving and dealing with ambiguity. Followed up within a week to schedule in-person interviews at SF HQ. Included five 1:1 interviews with a variety of members from the team as well as the SVP. More relaxed than the phone screen, a few interviewers were late and one had to cancel.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary - standard behavioral / situational questions.   Answer Question

Internal Consulting Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at McKesson in January 2015.

I used an internal contact to help secure the interview. Did face to face with two people and a teleconference with the third. The campus was really nice. The building was beautiful and security was tight. The people from security on up were exceptionally friendly and nice. One of the interviewers had a conflict and we were easily able to reschedule that - one of the assistants there even offered to hold a conference room so that it could take place. Questions asked were standard type questions, with some lingo that is probably McKesson specific. They dive exceptionally deeply into the topic so be prepared to speak to anything at the micro level.

Legal Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson.

After three months and 9 interviews - (3 phone interviews/6 in person) and hours spent following up with them: they decided they were going to cancel the position and not hire anyone. I have heard other people that I know say that it was a 6 month interview process for them before they were told they were not going forward with the position. Don't waste your time on Mckesson.

Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at McKesson.

It is important for anyone interviewing to know about "targeted selection" process. They are trying to see if you hit the target - meaning describe how you can do the job.

Market Development Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McKesson.

very professional .when I met my manager we discussed goals and objectives and what my steps would be to achieve the same.from start to finish there was no doubt I was the person for the position

Product Manager Interview

20 minute screening interview then referred to the main internal recruiter. Screener said cannot guarantee the next recruiter would contact me but she would recommend me. Waiting to see if I get to the next step.