McKesson Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.7

Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

Normal interview with a manager, phone and in person. Tour of location, meet employees and other stuff, overall it is a good experience. There are multiple managers so there can be many interviews. After the interview there is a drug test that needs to be passed before you can begin working. There isn't very much training after you get the job.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Fairly quick process once I was screened by the HR recruiter. Met with hiring manger, 2 Peers. After I cleared that round, phone screen & then the Bu Controller

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions on background and experiences. Really looking for a well rounded, good speaking manager. Also, MCK looks for 'player/coach' roles or working managers. Not bad per se as long as you are good rolling up sleeves.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

The initial phone screen was good and occurred quickly. The follow up from the actual recruiter just never happened. The hiring manager actually had to contact me. I was then never contacted that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• About my experience. and the typical weakness question.   Answer Question

Director Primary Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

two phone and then face to face. Met with the Regional Director for Primary Care as well as the Regional for field reps. Spent and hour with each and learned about the position and what they are looking for. Does not appear I was a fit.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past is in sync with what this position is about   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Received an email offering a phone interview. Met with a group of attorneys in the jax office and did a final interview with the VA office on the phone. The group of people were very nice but did not seem to work well was a team (meaning their personalities were so obviously different).It also was not clear as to what exactly I would be doing.

Technical Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Durham, NC).

Interview

Interviewed by a small group of existing managers. High-level technical questions were asked relevant to people/performance management, award rewards, etc. This was part I. In part II, i was interviewed by a group of application analysts that would eventually reports to me. In the end, the two groups collaborated to select the strongest candidate.

Interview Questions

• "How do you feel about employ rewards?"   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKesson in July 2015.

Interview

Was called to interview with hiring manager, which was a 2 hour drive away. The same day, I was contacted by email to continue the process with a local account rep, and was called by that rep immediately to schedule. That interview took place the next day. While things moved very quickly in the beginning, it took nearly another two weeks even with follow up to find out they went in another direction. While the interview itself was pretty standard, I thought it was inconsiderate that no one reached out to even let me know they chose someone else given the quick pace of the interview process. I just found it very unprofessional to run someone around, driving two hours each way for interviews, then never let them know what happened with the position.

Collection Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson in July 2015.

Interview

20 minute phone screen that asked questions such as why did you leave your last jobs, how many years experience do you have, why do you want to work for McKesson. Also asked general questions as if you are available to work without a sponsor and if you will submit to a drug test.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Second face-to-face interview consisting of three consecutive 30 minute interviews with different members of the project management team followed by a one hour case study and presentation activity. As with the first face-to-face interview, this one did not start on time. Had to wait in the lobby for nearly 15 minutes before someone showed up to bring me inside. No one seemed to know what was the next step in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to cope with tight or strict deadlines.   Answer Question
    • Give me a time when you had to convey bad news.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with HR then 3 interviews onsite a few days later. Informal and laid back. Mostly talked about what's happening in the business unit and what the teams are working on. Also spent time on what is in pipeline and direction of the company. They wanted to know the reason for my leaving the previous company.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle challenged that come up during the project that may affect the timeline?   Answer Question