McKesson Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.7

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Received an email offering a phone interview. Met with a group of attorneys in the jax office and did a final interview with the VA office on the phone. The group of people were very nice but did not seem to work well was a team (meaning their personalities were so obviously different).It also was not clear as to what exactly I would be doing.

Technical Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson (Durham, NC).

Interview

Interviewed by a small group of existing managers. High-level technical questions were asked relevant to people/performance management, award rewards, etc. This was part I. In part II, i was interviewed by a group of application analysts that would eventually reports to me. In the end, the two groups collaborated to select the strongest candidate.

Interview Questions

• "How do you feel about employ rewards?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in June 2015.

Interview

Applied on McKesson website for Operations Supervisor position. I was contacted about a week later by a recruiter. Telephone screening lasted about 30 minutes. Recruiter seemed very distracted...I could hear his car door opening and closing as he was driving his car. I feel as a military vet I was simply used as a number for the recruiter. Recruiter said he would call back within a week but never did.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with CyberCoder recruiter, then VP of Technology for the client. After some delay, the company has not made a decision to go forward with any candidates and they are reviewing their needs before moving forward.

Mobile Architect Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in June 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was responsive throughout the process and after months of attempts to reach me I decided to give it a go:a mistake. The director and I had a hour or so phone interview. I was scheduled for an in person interview with him and two managers. I arrive and it was clear they were not prepared. One of the mangers( I had an invite to speak to three Relay Health/Mckesson Health mangers was not even present, and the other manager was not sure of his whereabouts(Then someone said he had a work from home day). There was confusion over where to conduct the interview. The director was clearly distracted as he kept leaving, finally after they wasted( I could tell they just wanted to be done with the whole thing) two hours the process was brought to an end. The director never returned. However I spent the next 30 minutes trying to get my parking ticket validated at the 2100 Powell location -it never happened so I paid 15 dollars at the auto ticket machine to get out off the parking lot. The only good thing is that they were polite throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a chess application, given all the moves from previous games.   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There were multiple phone interviews and several in person interviews. Total was close to 6 trips to the McKesson building. A very ridiculous process. There is too much growth in the company for them to keep track of what is going on, the right hand never knows what the left is doing.

Interview Questions

• They asked about experience with financial systems, SAP / SQL / Excel, etc   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Done remotely over the phone, spoke with 2 recruiters but did not hear back. Was supposed to get assistance from the company since I had been laid off, but did not appear to assist former employees with the interview process for a new position

Interview Questions

• What type of implementation had I done in the past.   1 Answer

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson (Aurora, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online after talking with a recruiter at a job fair. The first interview/prescreen over the phone was very basic. Why do you want to work at McKesson and what do you know about the company were the two main questions. The in person interview was scheduled for the next week. At that interview there were three people in the panel. The atmosphere was fairly relaxed. Attire was business professional all around.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with another employee. What was the end result?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you disagreed with the decision of your boss. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What are your greatest strengths? Weaknesses? (Have 3 of each ready)   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson (Rochester, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

This was a comfortable interview. I was able to answer all questions the lady had asked me. I was not nervous at all. I was able to describe how procedures were done at Federal Express and that the basic principals were the same for McKesson. The differences were more into particular specifics of each company.

Interview Questions

• If I knew how to select proper packages with the bar code scanner.   1 Answer

Telehealth Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

Interview pretty straight forward. 2 telephone interviews and received an offer. Interviewed with a recruiter on a Tuesday. Received a call from nursing supervisor on Thursday and interviewed on Friday. Awaiting background check from Hireright.