McKesson

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.7

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson.

Initial over the phone interview. Said I would go on but took two months to set up next interview. Lots of follow-up on my end. Then about two weeks for additional interviews until offer.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions were asked during the process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Interviews were two rounds, phone screen with HR & in-person. Phone screen was approximately an hour, and was more intense than most typical phone screens. Big focus on graduate education, problem-solving and dealing with ambiguity. Followed up within a week to schedule in-person interviews at SF HQ. Included five 1:1 interviews with a variety of members from the team as well as the SVP. More relaxed than the phone screen, a few interviewers were late and one had to cancel.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary - standard behavioral / situational questions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at McKesson.

It is important for anyone interviewing to know about "targeted selection" process. They are trying to see if you hit the target - meaning describe how you can do the job.

Legal Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson.

After three months and 9 interviews - (3 phone interviews/6 in person) and hours spent following up with them: they decided they were going to cancel the position and not hire anyone. I have heard other people that I know say that it was a 6 month interview process for them before they were told they were not going forward with the position. Don't waste your time on Mckesson.

Product Manager Interview

20 minute screening interview then referred to the main internal recruiter. Screener said cannot guarantee the next recruiter would contact me but she would recommend me. Waiting to see if I get to the next step.

Sales Representative Interview

Takes about 3 weeks. People were friendly, up front, gracious and sort of busy doing their jobs, so there was a good mix of interaction. Culture seems more in the passing time mode than actually looking enthusiastic.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were asked to work with a difficult customer that was faced with a difficult buying decision on one of our products?   Answer Question

Things were working out that I was going to have to move on another job more quickly.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

The whole process lasted for a month and a half. I interviewed with 2 team leaders over the phone then interviewed with a hiring manager. We talked more about C#, Java, .Net and Agile/Scrum.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about a lot of questions regarding agile and scrum   Answer Question

Market Development Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McKesson.

very professional .when I met my manager we discussed goals and objectives and what my steps would be to achieve the same.from start to finish there was no doubt I was the person for the position

Material Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKesson in December 2014.

The interview was just a basic phone interview they asked all the basic questions like about job history, education and qualifications. The interview was short it lasted about 10 minutes, after she asked all the questions she explained what the job entailed and what the responsibilities were. Unfortunately they had placed a freeze on hiring the day after I was first contacted.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McKesson in December 2014.

The interview process was quick. There are multiple phone interviews and a final in person interview. I was notified of the interview process within a couple of days after the interview.