McKesson

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – Received a call from one of their recruiters (looks part of the talent acquisition is outsourced) and
after a few minutes of questions to get information about my background and experience, he said
he would get pass that information on to the hiring manager and have him talk to me.

But after that a month has been passed but no word and absolutely no response even for my
multiple inquiries.

Interview Question – Questions were very general about experience and background...nothing technical   Answer Question

Vice President Sales Interview

Vice President Sales

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – I was networking with a few people and one of them said I should check out McKesson. I got him my resume and was fast tracked through the system. The interview process was very easy for me, I went through HR twice, 2 sales people, and 2 managers. It took about month with some negotiation on salary and PTO days. I was looked at for 2 positions but ended up only applying for the sales role.

Interview Question – I didn't have anything whacky or odd... the weirdest thing was when one of the managers interviewing me sat on the same side of the desk as me as if we were have a conversion... it was odd but overall pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of negotiation was going to happen, as it was a new role. I did get a few thousand more in my base and upped my PTO days to what I had at my last company.

Intern Interview

Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in April 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter came to the Career fair and I bypassed the phone interview straight to in-person. Very smooth process in front of 3 architects that made me feel right at home.

Interview Question – Nothing too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Process Consultant Interview

Business Process Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – Interviewers beware! I first received an email from a recruiter in Atlanta for a Business Process Consultant position either to be in Dallas or Olive Branch. I proceeded with a phone screen interview with the recruiter and then was passed onto the hiring director for a one hour interview. Being successful, I was passed to the manager of the department for a 1/2 hour interview. The recruiter then emailed me to come into a onsite interview for six hours. I explained that I work FT and with a heavy workload I would have trouble giving that much time during the day and asked for alternative options. I was told No and that I would have to use PTO. I explained I was taking all the risks and didn't want to give up my personal time for my family if there wasn't any guarantee at the end. I then asked if there was an actual job and the recruiter never answered my question- essentially dodged it. I checked the website and there was no listing. Essentially I was about to take PTO for a role that didn't even exist.

Interview Question – How do you go about getting buy in from business owners?   View Answer

Software Quality Analyst Interview

Software Quality Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – Saw the position advert online, Apply via the company website and was later call for to schedule phone interview, I later came to be interview by some group of managers and then the final interview .

Interview Question – What Mistake/ Error have you made in the past during your duty discharge   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company negotiated with the salary and I finally accepted the offer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with couple of recruiters who asked basic questions like past experience and knowledge on the skills that is required for the current position. Highlighting importance on the role of an analyst.

Interview Question – Which is better Chrome or IE   Answer Question

MBA Interview

MBA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – Recruited via on campus event/job board. Phone interview then in person at McKesson headquarter in San Francisco. As part of my interview, they gave me a presentation topic for me to prepare in advance and present to the hiring manager. Everyone I came across was very nice, though seems hard to meet/network with people as the company is so big and decentralized.

Interview Question – Pretty standard behavioral interview questions. I didn't get any case questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for MBA interns.

Data Scientist/Engineer Role Interview

Data Scientist/Engineer Role
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at McKesson in May 2014.

Interview Details – When I applied, there had already been over 200 applicants. I was still selected and went all the way to in-person interview. Recruiter telephone interview, followed by additional screening interviews followed by Hiring manager and in-person interviews. After the hiring manager's telephone interview, In the middle of theinterview the salary range was reduced.

Interview Question – The hiring manager essentially asked if I am prepared to work while commuting. There had been a lot of twists and turns since I applied in Dec 2013. I was repeatedly asked if commuting was an issue. After the in-person interview, Impending employment offer (that was discussed) never came.   View Answer

Material Handler Interview

Material Handler
Memphis, TN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at McKesson in June 2013.

Interview Details – Where im located its more temps to hire at this particular plant with that being said the role over rate is low to get into this plant but as far as the contractors they go through many of them throughout the year its harder to get a full time position but once you earn your stripes you will be considered hiring process takes londer than it should

Interview Question – how much pay do I expect to be given,also what does the company stand for? I personally know we as a company suppose to reflect on our ICARE policy ,but at alot of points I dont see that through the employees   View Answer

Software Engineer (Medventive, Waltham, MA) Interview

Software Engineer (Medventive, Waltham, MA)
Waltham, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McKesson in June 2010.

Interview Details – The phone conversation were intelligent and cogent and organized.

The interviewers were unorganized, uninformed, and not qualified for interviewing. The interviewers flailed at asking questions without any regard to finding anything relevant. They simply were not interested and were going though the motions.

My advice: if you are not one of the first candidates to be interviewed, do not go to the interview.

Interview Question – Some sql questions were good   Answer Question

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!