McKesson Interview Questions

2.7

A/R Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

I applied online and a week later received an email to set up a telephone interview with a recruiter. After the telephone interview, I received another email to set up an onsite interview with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • The telephone interview were basic questions related to the position. It was to see if you knew basic things.

The onsite interview was disappointing. The two managers I interviewed with were different than the ones I was told. Most interviews you receive a handshake but I did not. Only one person asked questions while the other just sat there reading my resume'. My resume' really isn't that long. They didn't smile much or seemed excited about the company which made me feel out of place.
        Answer Question

Enterprise Integration Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Very comprehensive interview covering all aspects of enterprise infrastructure in healthcare enterprises and the integration points between them. Also covered standard enterprise systems and models, including wireless and wired networking at both the local and wide area scale, Unix and Linux implementation models, server virtualization and consolidation concepts, and storage models. Also covered interaction with project managers and creation and maintenance of project plans.

Interview Questions
    • How do you standardize the IT fit of an enterprise with 45 locations across 4 timezones?   Answer Question
    Tough, as they really didn't understand the market for EAs. I stuck to my number and they finally came up to a level I was comfortable with accepting.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Received a call from one of their recruiters (looks part of the talent acquisition is outsourced) and
    after a few minutes of questions to get information about my background and experience, he said
    he would get pass that information on to the hiring manager and have him talk to me.

But after that a month has been passed but no word and absolutely no response even for my
    multiple inquiries.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very general about experience and background...nothing technical   Answer Question

Vice President Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

I was networking with a few people and one of them said I should check out McKesson. I got him my resume and was fast tracked through the system. The interview process was very easy for me, I went through HR twice, 2 sales people, and 2 managers. It took about month with some negotiation on salary and PTO days. I was looked at for 2 positions but ended up only applying for the sales role.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have anything whacky or odd... the weirdest thing was when one of the managers interviewing me sat on the same side of the desk as me as if we were have a conversion... it was odd but overall pretty straight forward   Answer Question
    Not a lot of negotiation was going to happen, as it was a new role. I did get a few thousand more in my base and upped my PTO days to what I had at my last company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in April 2014.

Recruiter came to the Career fair and I bypassed the phone interview straight to in-person. Very smooth process in front of 3 architects that made me feel right at home.

Non-negotiable

Business Process Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interviewers beware! I first received an email from a recruiter in Atlanta for a Business Process Consultant position either to be in Dallas or Olive Branch. I proceeded with a phone screen interview with the recruiter and then was passed onto the hiring director for a one hour interview. Being successful, I was passed to the manager of the department for a 1/2 hour interview. The recruiter then emailed me to come into a onsite interview for six hours. I explained that I work FT and with a heavy workload I would have trouble giving that much time during the day and asked for alternative options. I was told No and that I would have to use PTO. I explained I was taking all the risks and didn't want to give up my personal time for my family if there wasn't any guarantee at the end. I then asked if there was an actual job and the recruiter never answered my question- essentially dodged it. I checked the website and there was no listing. Essentially I was about to take PTO for a role that didn't even exist.

Interview Questions
    • How do you go about getting buy in from business owners?   View Answer

Software Quality Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at McKesson.

Saw the position advert online, Apply via the company website and was later call for to schedule phone interview, I later came to be interview by some group of managers and then the final interview .

Interview Questions
    • What Mistake/ Error have you made in the past during your duty discharge   Answer Question
    The company negotiated with the salary and I finally accepted the offer

Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at McKesson.

Telephone interview with couple of recruiters who asked basic questions like past experience and knowledge on the skills that is required for the current position. Highlighting importance on the role of an analyst.

MBA Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McKesson.

Recruited via on campus event/job board. Phone interview then in person at McKesson headquarter in San Francisco. As part of my interview, they gave me a presentation topic for me to prepare in advance and present to the hiring manager. Everyone I came across was very nice, though seems hard to meet/network with people as the company is so big and decentralized.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard behavioral interview questions. I didn't get any case questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for MBA interns.

Data Scientist/Engineer Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at McKesson in May 2014.

When I applied, there had already been over 200 applicants. I was still selected and went all the way to in-person interview. Recruiter telephone interview, followed by additional screening interviews followed by Hiring manager and in-person interviews. After the hiring manager's telephone interview, In the middle of theinterview the salary range was reduced.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager essentially asked if I am prepared to work while commuting. There had been a lot of twists and turns since I applied in Dec 2013. I was repeatedly asked if commuting was an issue. After the in-person interview, Impending employment offer (that was discussed) never came.   View Answer

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!