McKesson

167 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – Very lengthy. Four separate interviews. One with HR which is just general interview questions. Strengths and weaknesses type deal. Then ride along with a sales rep to make sure you want to do their job, pretty straight forward. no hard questions. Then with a Sales leader who would be your immediate supervisor which asks you to prove your self and asks very detail oriented and situational questions. Finally with the Regional VP of sales, a little more relaxed but still along the same line of questioning, that might be why it was more relaxed....already had time to think about most of the questions.

Interview Question – How would you sell "this" to me if this was your nth attempt and I never give you my attention?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was much more than I know most were offered so i jumped on it.

RN Case Manager Interview

RN Case Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from an in-house recruiter the same day. He explained the interview process to me very clearly and followed up with me quickly.

Interview Question – No surprise or trick questions. All inquiries were directly related to my experience and my thoughts about my role with patients and other customers   Answer Question

Vice President, Services Interview

Vice President, Services
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – Very thorough interview process, beginning with standard HR phone screening with behavioral interviewing questions. In house interview with 8 resources including hiring manager and his boss, peers, and 3 individual contributors one of whom was also a candidate. Final interview was an in-house presentation. No topic given.

Interview Question – No one question it the process including individual contributors that I would be managing was awkward and at times inappropriate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated vacation days and salary and was successful on both.

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at McKesson in November 2013.

Interview Details – Comprehensive interview with manager

Interview Question – Questions may be difficult for others but not for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Terms were immediately satisfactory to all.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at McKesson in November 2011.

Interview Details – The staff was warm and you could feel the culture when you first walk into the office. The management really sincerely cares for her team and you can tell right away. I had three interviews before a decision was made. I was given feedback for each and they were open and honest about how many other people were competing for the position. I have been supported to success and loved the interview process here.

Interview Question – Surprize question: How do you think that make M & M's?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was made because of my small amount of previous experience inb that roll. No negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McKesson in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was screened by a recruiter who explained that she was just the first step and if I "passed" her screening then my resume would be forwarded to the local office for review. The interview included all of the typical questions. When the interview was finished, the recruiter replied, "Well, you obviously made it to the next round." But then shortly after she offered, "If you do not hear anything in the next week, just forget about the job."

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult however, the recruiter typed significantly more than I actually spoke, which made me conscious of not only what I was saying but my tone and speed of speaking. I could not guess what else she was typing, unless she was a bad typist and needed to go back to fix mistakes. It was intimidating to listen to her type long after I was done answering a question.   Answer Question

Professional Services Manager Interview

Professional Services Manager
Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in May 2009.

Interview Details – Met with 6 people. This included the hiring director, two managers, two VPs and the president of the business unit. Questions were pretty standard and fair. They basically asked about previous leadership experience and my management style.

Interview Question – What would be my biggest challenge in my new role and what is my 90 day strategy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR calls with an official offer. I counter offered and they met me in the middle. Not a lot of room to negotiate.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews with recruiters, two phone interviews with managers, face to face interview with manager.

Negotiation Details – None needed. They offered what I asked for.

Associate - Finance Rotational Development Program Interview

Associate - Finance Rotational Development Program
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McKesson in April 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was a phone interview. I simply walked the recruiter through my resume, answered questions about my leadership experience, and explained why I was interested in McKesson.

My second, and final step, was two 30 minute interviews and case presentation at McKesson's corporate headquarters in San Francisco. They gave me a Stanford Business School case on a startup company, SKOLAR M.D. Acting as the CFO of SKOLAR presenting to the CEO, I presented my recommendations on ways to improve the company's ability to survive for the next 2 years and its ability to raised additional funds. The presentation was 15-20 minutes with Q and A afterwards. I interviewed with the VP of Investor Relations and a senior manager from Business Development. The senior manager from Business Development was an alum of the FRDP program.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult. I was pretty much asked about my interest in McKesson and my work experience   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Support Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McKesson in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, next day was contacted by a recruiter, discussed the job description and asked about my background. The following week, a second recruiter contacted me, interviewed over the phone for 30 minutes. My next step was a in person interview with the hiring manager, site manager and 6 other managers. Was not prepared for this huge interview panel.

Interview Question – 1. Describe your background
2. How did you find out about Mckesson?
3. Tell my about your tech. Skills?
  View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at McKesson

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McKesson interview questions and advice. All 167 interview reviews posted anonymously by McKesson employees and interview candidates.