McKesson Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.8

Technical Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in November 2011.

Interview

Process began with recruiter phone interview of about 1 hour. Asked pretty standard questions relating to experience.
    Then interviewed with the manager who I would be working for by phone- this interview lasted a couple of hours and was a mix of behavioral questions--tell me about a time when you... Also asked reasons behind why I wanted to work for McKesson. One of the things I think he appreciated was that I mentioned the long history of the company and would like to be a part of its continuing success into the next century.

Made it to round three which consisted of the hiring manager sending me some files about one of their products and then asking me to put together a 15 minute training presentation--notes and PowerPoint to present at the final interview. I had 24 hours to put this together with an additional requirement- that I also do a training presentation on a subject matter of my choice.

At final interview, face to face, I had to do a training session on the two items above and then answer another slew of off the cuff situational questions using the incident, problem, solution format. Total time for this interview was about 3 hours.

I then received an email from recruiting the next day telling me thanks but no thanks. In retrospect, I should have kept the situational responses more to the point but I am a trainer and am used to talking at length.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed at handling a work-related situation? What happened, what did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson.

Interview

Very lengthy. Four separate interviews. One with HR which is just general interview questions. Strengths and weaknesses type deal. Then ride along with a sales rep to make sure you want to do their job, pretty straight forward. no hard questions. Then with a Sales leader who would be your immediate supervisor which asks you to prove your self and asks very detail oriented and situational questions. Finally with the Regional VP of sales, a little more relaxed but still along the same line of questioning, that might be why it was more relaxed....already had time to think about most of the questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell "this" to me if this was your nth attempt and I never give you my attention?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was much more than I know most were offered so i jumped on it.

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McKesson.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from an in-house recruiter the same day. He explained the interview process to me very clearly and followed up with me quickly.

Interview Questions

• No surprise or trick questions. All inquiries were directly related to my experience and my thoughts about my role with patients and other customers   Answer Question

Vice President, Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Very thorough interview process, beginning with standard HR phone screening with behavioral interviewing questions. In house interview with 8 resources including hiring manager and his boss, peers, and 3 individual contributors one of whom was also a candidate. Final interview was an in-house presentation. No topic given.

Interview Questions

• No one question it the process including individual contributors that I would be managing was awkward and at times inappropriate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated vacation days and salary and was successful on both.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

The staff was warm and you could feel the culture when you first walk into the office. The management really sincerely cares for her team and you can tell right away. I had three interviews before a decision was made. I was given feedback for each and they were open and honest about how many other people were competing for the position. I have been supported to success and loved the interview process here.

Interview Questions

• Surprize question: How do you think that make M & M's?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was made because of my small amount of previous experience inb that roll. No negotiation.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McKesson (Charlotte, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

Comprehensive interview with manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Terms were immediately satisfactory to all.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McKesson in March 2014.

Interview

I was screened by a recruiter who explained that she was just the first step and if I "passed" her screening then my resume would be forwarded to the local office for review. The interview included all of the typical questions. When the interview was finished, the recruiter replied, "Well, you obviously made it to the next round." But then shortly after she offered, "If you do not hear anything in the next week, just forget about the job."

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult however, the recruiter typed significantly more than I actually spoke, which made me conscious of not only what I was saying but my tone and speed of speaking. I could not guess what else she was typing, unless she was a bad typist and needed to go back to fix mistakes. It was intimidating to listen to her type long after I was done answering a question.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McKesson in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then went to f2f interview. After that had to complete a 3 hour case study. 2 hours to prepare and 1 hour to present. Very difficult, a little confusing. Will have to present a case study that is very ambiguous. Ask lots of questions to be sure the interviewer instructions and instructions on the case study are consistent.

Interview Questions

• Will have to present a case study that is very ambiguous. Ask lots of questions to be sure the interviewer instructions and instructions on the case study are consistent.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and lengthy. Involved several phone call interviews, and two of face-to-face interviews. Interacted with no less that 8 individuals, felt the interviewers were very prepared and interested in the process. Tough, but great experience.

QA Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

Interviewed initially with a technical recruiter by phone. Next I had an interview with the Hiring Manager. The third interview was a panel with the QA Team (about 12 people).

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about my QA background and former work experience. Questions from all 12 QA Analysts so it could be anyone asking anything at any given time.   Answer Question