McKesson

Average Difficulty
171 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer (Medventive, Waltham, MA) Interview

Software Engineer (Medventive, Waltham, MA)
Waltham, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McKesson in June 2010.

Interview Details – The phone conversation were intelligent and cogent and organized.

The interviewers were unorganized, uninformed, and not qualified for interviewing. The interviewers flailed at asking questions without any regard to finding anything relevant. They simply were not interested and were going though the motions.

My advice: if you are not one of the first candidates to be interviewed, do not go to the interview.

Interview Question – Some sql questions were good   Answer Question

Corporate Account Manager Interview

Corporate Account Manager
Remote, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – The hiring and interviewing process is incredibly slow. About 4 different interviews then about a 3-6 months wait for an offer. I have heard even worse for others. The communication is near horrible and the follow-up is awful. Definitely keep applying other places while this whole process takes place because the hiring process may fall through or they may forget about you.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be honest what you are requesting so there are no surprises upon final interviews. That way if you are low balled you can quickly tell them you aren't interested in the position and they may increase the salary given their interest in you.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in August 2010.

Interview Details – Meet and Greet at McKesson in Atlanta, followed by a few rounds of interviews. After some negotiations, was given verbal offer. Later I was told the hiring manager was no longer with McKesson and they asked that I start the process over. I said no thank you, and moved on.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work a little from home each night   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Cranberry, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McKesson in August 2010.

Interview Details – After applying online, the interview process started several weeks later with a phone interview where I was asked a bit about my background. I was then asked a few softball questions about C++ which gradually got more difficult, until I could no longer answer any questions (compiler specific questions about the implementation of virtual functions via v tables).

I was brought in for an in person interview about a week later. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of a number of questions from a panel about C# syntax, SQL, and database internals. I thought I did pretty well, but drew a couple of blanks with regard to simple concepts in C# that I typically don't think about or use in depth (in particular, I was asked to review some code using boxing/unboxing semantics and I couldn't tell if it would behave as expected or even compile, I am used to having a compiler and an IDE tell me that).

After the panel interview I was thanked for my time and never heard from them again.

Interview Question – How is inheritance implemented in C++?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was brought in by a recruiter. I basically walked in answers two or three questions and I was offered the job on the stop. It seemed too good to be true.

Interview Question – All were basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate

Accounting Associate Interview

Accounting Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McKesson in May 2014.

Interview Details – online application first, get a phone call from HR within a couple days. Process was very easy and very quick. I have been told McKesson makes hiring decision very fast; usually within 24 hours or 48 hours.

Interview Question – why do you want to join McKesson? Give me your leadership examples if you were ask to be a team leader?   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Technical Support Specialist
Emeryville, CA

I applied online - interviewed at McKesson in December 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a recruiter. They asked about, how you heard about the job, some basic background about yourself, and then briefly go through your resume. The conversation lasted about 30 minute. There were no major technical questions, they were pretty easy to answer. When the interview ended, they say they will have the hiring manager contact you.

Interview Question – I didn't like to answer questions regarding salaries.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Support Analyst Interview

Senior Applications Support Analyst
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McKesson in May 2012.

Interview Details – Discussed technical and clinical background using HCI products. Discussed professional strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Question – Why do I think the company is not doing well.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at McKesson

Interview Details – Hiring manager was a new manager and did not ask one interview question. My next interview was with another business analyst who asked the appropriate interview questions.

Interview Question – That the hiring manager did not ask even one interview question. That should have been a red flag for what was to come.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiations were verbal and not written in a contract. Therefore what I negotiated for was not upheld since it was not in writing.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – Asked a ton of questions not related to the job.

Reason for Declining – Other companies with better offers.