McKesson Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Takes about 3 weeks. People were friendly, up front, gracious and sort of busy doing their jobs, so there was a good mix of interaction. Culture seems more in the passing time mode than actually looking enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were asked to work with a difficult customer that was faced with a difficult buying decision on one of our products?   Answer Question

Things were working out that I was going to have to move on another job more quickly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Interview

The whole process lasted for a month and a half. I interviewed with 2 team leaders over the phone then interviewed with a hiring manager. We talked more about C#, Java, .Net and Agile/Scrum.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a lot of questions regarding agile and scrum   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKesson in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was just a basic phone interview they asked all the basic questions like about job history, education and qualifications. The interview was short it lasted about 10 minutes, after she asked all the questions she explained what the job entailed and what the responsibilities were. Unfortunately they had placed a freeze on hiring the day after I was first contacted.

Rotational Development Program Lead/Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

One quick (5 minutes max) call with a recruiting screener. Then I spoke to a recruiter who advised me that there were strong internal candidates for the role. I was advised to apply for another role, which was of much less interest to me. Not one to turn down opportunities, I applied!

My in-office interview for the marketing role was split across two days and when I met a manager on the first day, she was baffled that the recruiter recommended me for the job. (I have a master's degree and the manager was obviously miffed since she had requested an entry-level candidate for the role.) I was very grateful for the honesty and openness when discussing the role with the manager and colleagues.

I did a 30 minute phone interview with the manager for the rotational development program.

In the end, I never heard a final decision about the rotational development program and I withdrew my candidacy from the marketing role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when... (all questions were behavioral interview questions)   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McKesson in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quick. There are multiple phone interviews and a final in person interview. I was notified of the interview process within a couple of days after the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Implement a Queue using a stack. Win32 API questions, Red black trees, What is LPARAM, WPARAM. How would you describe yourself ? Do you like working in a team/by yourselves? Biggest challenge you faced, strengths and weaknesses ?

Breast Pump Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at McKesson (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

After working with a staffing agency, I had a 15 minute phone call with their recruiter and was scheduled for an interview the next week. Upon arriving, the front desk was empty and the doors to the office were locked. About ten minutes after the interview was scheduled to begin, someone finally came to the desk to let me in. The interview was quick and very standard.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask any difficult questions. They were looking for someone very organized and efficient.   Answer Question

Declined due to salary offered.

Call Center QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson.

Interview

Two interviews total — phone screening and an on-site interview. I received an email from a recruiter several days after applying for the position followed by a phone screening before the end of the week. An on-site interview was scheduled for the following week in a group panel interview setting with the Operations QA Supervisor and several members of the QA team. I do not recall specific questions but they were related to experiences as a QA Analyst with the final question being a 3-parter. Job offer was accepted and included a standard drug test and background check prior to being hired.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

typical if in sales, want results and documentation, will interview with at least two managers, process is relatively easy and hiring can take anywhere from one month to two months.

Interview Questions

• always the same question, why are you leaving your current company...   Answer Question

Negotiation

minimal negotiation

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Interview

Contracted by McKesson Talent Advisor for phone interview. One week later contacted for face to face interview. Interview was behavior type panel interview. They asked questions that were relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• Basic scenario questions such as how you handle conflicts with co –workers   Answer Question