McKesson

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.7

Vice President Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

I was networking with a few people and one of them said I should check out McKesson. I got him my resume and was fast tracked through the system. The interview process was very easy for me, I went through HR twice, 2 sales people, and 2 managers. It took about month with some negotiation on salary and PTO days. I was looked at for 2 positions but ended up only applying for the sales role.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have anything whacky or odd... the weirdest thing was when one of the managers interviewing me sat on the same side of the desk as me as if we were have a conversion... it was odd but overall pretty straight forward   Answer Question
    Not a lot of negotiation was going to happen, as it was a new role. I did get a few thousand more in my base and upped my PTO days to what I had at my last company.

Business Process Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Interviewers beware! I first received an email from a recruiter in Atlanta for a Business Process Consultant position either to be in Dallas or Olive Branch. I proceeded with a phone screen interview with the recruiter and then was passed onto the hiring director for a one hour interview. Being successful, I was passed to the manager of the department for a 1/2 hour interview. The recruiter then emailed me to come into a onsite interview for six hours. I explained that I work FT and with a heavy workload I would have trouble giving that much time during the day and asked for alternative options. I was told No and that I would have to use PTO. I explained I was taking all the risks and didn't want to give up my personal time for my family if there wasn't any guarantee at the end. I then asked if there was an actual job and the recruiter never answered my question- essentially dodged it. I checked the website and there was no listing. Essentially I was about to take PTO for a role that didn't even exist.

Interview Questions
    • How do you go about getting buy in from business owners?   View Answer

Software Quality Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McKesson.

Saw the position advert online, Apply via the company website and was later call for to schedule phone interview, I later came to be interview by some group of managers and then the final interview .

Interview Questions
    • What Mistake/ Error have you made in the past during your duty discharge   Answer Question
    The company negotiated with the salary and I finally accepted the offer

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McKesson.

Telephone interview with couple of recruiters who asked basic questions like past experience and knowledge on the skills that is required for the current position. Highlighting importance on the role of an analyst.

MBA Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McKesson.

Recruited via on campus event/job board. Phone interview then in person at McKesson headquarter in San Francisco. As part of my interview, they gave me a presentation topic for me to prepare in advance and present to the hiring manager. Everyone I came across was very nice, though seems hard to meet/network with people as the company is so big and decentralized.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard behavioral interview questions. I didn't get any case questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for MBA interns.

Corporate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson.

The hiring and interviewing process is incredibly slow. About 4 different interviews then about a 3-6 months wait for an offer. I have heard even worse for others. The communication is near horrible and the follow-up is awful. Definitely keep applying other places while this whole process takes place because the hiring process may fall through or they may forget about you.

Interview Questions
    Be honest what you are requesting so there are no surprises upon final interviews. That way if you are low balled you can quickly tell them you aren't interested in the position and they may increase the salary given their interest in you.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Asked a ton of questions not related to the job.

Other companies with better offers.

Business Analyst Interview

Hiring manager was a new manager and did not ask one interview question. My next interview was with another business analyst who asked the appropriate interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • That the hiring manager did not ask even one interview question. That should have been a red flag for what was to come.   Answer Question
    The negotiations were verbal and not written in a contract. Therefore what I negotiated for was not upheld since it was not in writing.

Accounting Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McKesson in May 2014.

online application first, get a phone call from HR within a couple days. Process was very easy and very quick. I have been told McKesson makes hiring decision very fast; usually within 24 hours or 48 hours.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to join McKesson? Give me your leadership examples if you were ask to be a team leader?   Answer Question

Data Scientist/Engineer Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McKesson in May 2014.

When I applied, there had already been over 200 applicants. I was still selected and went all the way to in-person interview. Recruiter telephone interview, followed by additional screening interviews followed by Hiring manager and in-person interviews. After the hiring manager's telephone interview, In the middle of theinterview the salary range was reduced.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager essentially asked if I am prepared to work while commuting. There had been a lot of twists and turns since I applied in Dec 2013. I was repeatedly asked if commuting was an issue. After the in-person interview, Impending employment offer (that was discussed) never came.   View Answer