McKesson Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.7

RSM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McKesson in January 2008.

Interview

Mckesson will interview you at several levels. Then, they may also have collegues interview you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As for as much as possible.. there are no raises at this company

Retail Pharmacy Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at McKesson (Aurora, CO) in September 2010.

Interview

My whole process was rushed through from getting my resume to the hiring manager to sitting in an interview was one week. The two interviewers were very polite, but I found the role playing to be a bit much after having no opportunity to ask any questions about the company, the position or anything to let me get a better feel of the responsibilities. I was called the following days that I wasn't coming back for the final two rounds of 10 and 3. Too short for an interview, but they were interviewing a lot of candidates, so I know they were just getting a general feel of everyone.

Interview Questions

• Role play #1: You act like a new rep coming in to meet me for the first time. Go.   Answer Question
    • Role play #2: You act like a rep who has an established relationship with me and coming back for another follow-up visit. Go.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at McKesson (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the HR Manager first. Afterwards I met with the some of the supervisors where they asked the majority of the situational and behavioral analysis questions. The interview lasted about 1-2 hrs in total. Be prepared to have multiple answers for strengths, weakenesses etc. Make sure to have prepared situational examples, so your answers are not repetitive. I impressed the HR Manager by asking a final question regarding the overall culture and what to expect within different branches and the company's standard as a whole.

Interview Questions

• What are THREE weaknesses and strengths?   1 Answer

Business Process Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume on McKesson's website. Within 2 days, a recruiter contacted me. I initially interviewed with the Recruiter who did a first line screen over the phone. Then the hiring manager interviewed over the phone about three days later. I was then invited to the SF headquarters for a face-to-face interview with the lead of the group as well as another manager. I was given a case study, I had an hour to complete it, an hour to discuss it, another hour for an in-depth interview, and then finally an hour for a written assessment of my business acumen.

I was invited back for a final round interview with the team where they took me out for lunch, then I interviewed with two managers, then another interview with the hiring manager, and the final interview with the VP of the group. I was then told that they will get in touch with me within two weeks.

I didn't hear back from them within two weeks so I contact the recruiter who then informed me that I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with cross-functional teams?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you influence individuals you do not directly supervise?   Answer Question
    • If you were offered the position, where would the first place you would look to add value to the group?   Answer Question
    • How do you plan to network within the organization?   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKesson in October 2011.

Interview

Was asked about Java related questions, how would i manage scope when late changes are pushed in.

Interview Questions

• The project is into last stage of developement and team found out a better alternative solution but there is no time, what would you do.   Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McKesson (Carrollton, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Company recruiter screens first. Senior management is then brought in. Lots of questions... you have to showcase your accomplishments for sure... what have you achieved?

Negotiation

Really there wasn't any... advice: ASK LOST OF QUESTIONS and ask for what you thing you can earn.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McKesson (Charlotte, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

Was very caught off guard when I found out that 3 people would be interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with some one that has a different background than you, that presented a problem in the workplace?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson (Carrollton, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The recruiter called and asked me to come in for a skills test. Called in for a panel interview six days later. The interview consisted of behavioral questions. The interview started 20 min late, interviewed by a department manager and her director. The questions were straight forward, I think I over prepared (made to much of the behavioral portion. Only 4-5 questions.) Just make sure you've come into the interview with multiple examples of your success stories.

Director, Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in April 2008.

Interview

The process went smoothly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. Make sure you gross up any relocation benefits.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Detailed interview process that can last up to 9 rounds. It helps to know someone in McKesson because resumes go into a black hole. Interviews are generally 30-minutes each, so plan stories and questions accordingly. A good question I asked extended the interview 20 minutes -- DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Negotiation

Fairly straightforward with positive results.