McKesson Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.8

Patient Services Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at McKesson.

Contacted for a telephone.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in April 2014.

Recruiter came to the Career fair and I bypassed the phone interview straight to in-person. Very smooth process in front of 3 architects that made me feel right at home.

Non-negotiable

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Was long and drawn out. 3 phone interviews with HR, mainly verifying interest in the position and personal information. The last with HR being the typical HR "what would you do" questions. 4th call was with the hiring manager, allowing them to evaluate phone etiquette. Another call from HR to confirm a face-to-face interview with hiring manager. Job offer came a week later.

Interview Questions
    • If you didn't know how to resolve a customer issue, what would you do?   View Answer
    HR only asked my minimum after the face-to-face interview. There was no negotiation offered.

Senior Administrative Assistant V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McKesson.

A recruiter had contacted me regarding this open position and gave me the interview schedule. I met with 3 managers which reported to the hiring Director. Each of the managers was pleasant and professional. After I interviewed with the managers I stayed to interview with the hiring manager. She was eager to hire, but wanted to make sure that it was someone who is smart enough and detailed enough to fill the position and provide support to all her demands without having to be told. I could tell this was an old company and you dressed and acted very corporate.

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions regarding my experience, specifically my business and accounting background and what I was doing since I left my previous employment.   Answer Question
    My recruiter negotiated for me. After being made an offer I told the hiring manager I had a few other interviews lined up and I had to honor my commitment to interview and consider their position. The made the manager want to hire me even more. She called me every day until I committed to working for her.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKesson in March 2014.

I was screened by a recruiter who explained that she was just the first step and if I "passed" her screening then my resume would be forwarded to the local office for review. The interview included all of the typical questions. When the interview was finished, the recruiter replied, "Well, you obviously made it to the next round." But then shortly after she offered, "If you do not hear anything in the next week, just forget about the job."

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult however, the recruiter typed significantly more than I actually spoke, which made me conscious of not only what I was saying but my tone and speed of speaking. I could not guess what else she was typing, unless she was a bad typist and needed to go back to fix mistakes. It was intimidating to listen to her type long after I was done answering a question.   Answer Question

Community Health Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Interview process via skype with Elena Popp and Jacque Waller

Interview Questions
    The salary- We work from home.

Controls and Compliance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in March 2014.

Applied through my school's career center. Had an initial interview with the recruiter and then I was invited for a second interview with controls and compliance manager at their office.

Interview Questions
    • Just the usual behavioral questions. "Tell us about a difficult decision you had to make, how did you go about it and what was the end result?"   Answer Question

Vice President, Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Very thorough interview process, beginning with standard HR phone screening with behavioral interviewing questions. In house interview with 8 resources including hiring manager and his boss, peers, and 3 individual contributors one of whom was also a candidate. Final interview was an in-house presentation. No topic given.

Interview Questions
    • No one question it the process including individual contributors that I would be managing was awkward and at times inappropriate.   Answer Question
    Negotiated vacation days and salary and was successful on both.

Senior Performance Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McKesson.

It was 4 step process. First with HR, Manager Level, Team Level, Test Team Level

Interview Questions
    Yes, just you can say that what you are looking for and check the market value before negotiation. Give them enough room to think and make a decision.

RN Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McKesson.

I applied online and received a call from an in-house recruiter the same day. He explained the interview process to me very clearly and followed up with me quickly.

Interview Questions
    • No surprise or trick questions. All inquiries were directly related to my experience and my thoughts about my role with patients and other customers   Answer Question