McKesson

148 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Payment Representative II Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call within a day or two.

Interview Question – None, very easy questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Specialist Interview

Westminster, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at McKesson in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for a posting on 7/3/2013. I received a call from an HR Sourcing Specialist on 7/9/2013 for an initial phone screening. I then received a call from another HR person (Sr. Talent Advisor) on 7/10/2013. Both screenings lasted less than 20 minutes. Both HR folks gave me the impression that I was a shoe-in for the role! I then had a phone screening from the hiring Director on 7/11. His call took about 20 minutes as well. Note that the role I applied for called for was a Sr. Specialist calling for 8 years experience-I have well over 15. Note I am also a female, Military veteran, minority and met every requirement and preferred qualifications mentioned in the description. HR told me the salary range for the role, and I even though it was well below my current earnings I was willing to take the 20K hit to get in the door. Note also that the Director I would report to had less experience in Medical Devices than I did. Note that I have also applied to this same McKesson site over 5 times in the past 5 years. I can only conclude that McKesson is a Old Boys Club that does not value diversity, nor truly attempts to expand their workforce outside of their walls (The role was filled internally). My impression of the Hiring Directors' interview was more of a "pissing contest" whereby he tried to rule me out-than have an honest exploration of my experience. It was obvious to me that HR tries hard to gain talent outside of the silo, but current Management is desperate to keep their staff pushed down and hire less than qualified people so that their jobs are not in jeopardy. Note that the person that was in the role I applied for transferred out within 2 years of working for this Director, who has been on the job for 2 years. Bottom line-I'm a Director level willing to take a level 3 below my current level just to work for this company, and they dissed me! I wont apply again. Also, I went back into the career section to see if the job was still posted on 7/15 and it had been removed-"this job has been cancelled or is no longer available". I emailed the HR person to ask if I was still being considered and got no response, not even a form email stating that they had chosen another candidate. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL FOR A FOBRES14 COMPANY!

Interview Question – It was a "rapid fire" list of questions that were designed to rule me out rather than to explore my experience and how I could be a value to the company/unit. After it was over I felt like he was just "going through the motions" to get it over with.   View Answer

Contracted Project Manager Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McKesson in February 2012.

Interview Details – I had a great phone interview and was hired based upon my conversation. My manager was wonderful and had everything set up for me when i first started.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything that i felt was so difficult during the interview process.   Answer Question

Finance Rotation Leadership Program Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – First round is over the phone with a corporate recruiter. Basic behavioral and resume-walk-through. Also questions about why McKesson and try to be specific. Most people who apply for this job have no idea what McKesson really does or how they make money. Do your diligence!

Invited back for the second round at the headquarters. Given a case (it's the same one every year so read up on it online) to put together and present in front of some top level people. Impressive but while the interviewers are generally nice, there are a few people that make you wonder if working there would be all frowns and leers. Again be ready to know WHY McKesson.

An impressive thing is to know what is happening in the industry, and be specific! Also know why and how McKesson has responded or lead efforts to deal with this.

Interview Question – Would you prefer to work at corporate or a business unit and why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Emeryville, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson in November 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview - HR based
Had a phone interview with the hiring manager
Had an onsite interview.It consisted of 1:1 interview and two panel interviews.
It was a day long interview.

Interview Question – Technical Test   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone call from the central office's hr. They conducted an initial screening, personality interview. Several phone calls followed to arrange work related interviews with staff on location. Then someone from the site called for an in depth interview. Then a one on one and in person panel interview followed.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you disagreed with someone, how did you resolve this?   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Support Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McKesson in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, next day was contacted by a recruiter, discussed the job description and asked about my background. The following week, a second recruiter contacted me, interviewed over the phone for 30 minutes. My next step was a in person interview with the hiring manager, site manager and 6 other managers. Was not prepared for this huge interview panel.

Interview Question – 1. Describe your background
2. How did you find out about Mckesson?
3. Tell my about your tech. Skills?
  View Answer

Account Receivable Specialist Interview

Interviewed at McKesson

Interview Details – I was called by HR for an interview for an Insurance Processor position. During the interview, I interviewed with the Team Lead, and Supervisor. About a week later I was offered a position which was different from the position that I interviewed with. At that time the company was known as Per-Se Technologies.

Interview Question – Questions were basic questions.   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Interviewed at McKesson

Interview Details – I applied for this position last November. The interview had to be rescheduled several times, because the recruiter supposedly was sick (later on it turned out that she was moving from Atlanta to Houston). I was very disappointed with the hiring process. I think recruiters who are genuinely interested in the hiring process should be employed, not those whom require 2-3 weeks just to get into contact with the candidate.

Interview Question – There was no question related to the position whatsoever. The most unexpected (should I say surprising) question was that: You live in the medical center, so how are you coming to work in case you get hired (the job was located in The Woodlands, TX, which is about 40-45 min drive from the med center)? I almost said that I would take my personal airplane. Duh?! What kind of question is it? I drive of course, like anyone else (not sure what her problem was, I did not ask for any moving expense, and of course, I would have moved closer, though the 45 min driving distance is nothing in Houston).   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – Gave them my resume at a college career fair. After a few weeks I got an interview. It was mostly behavioral questions, no tough technical questions. They asked if I was willing to relocate, etc. I said I was willing, but would prefer not to. They made accommodations and put me at a location near my home. Eventually I got a call from them that they'd like an in person interview at a location. However, later they said they didn't have it properly scheduled, and I got a phone interview instead. Still no real technical questions. General questions about working and skills. They took several weeks to get back to me, but eventually called and said they'd send me an offer. I accepted.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked if I thought the pay was good, I didn't negotiate since the salary was higher than I expected and I have very little experience.

Interviews for Top Jobs at McKesson