McKesson

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.7

Accounting Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McKesson in May 2014.

online application first, get a phone call from HR within a couple days. Process was very easy and very quick. I have been told McKesson makes hiring decision very fast; usually within 24 hours or 48 hours.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to join McKesson? Give me your leadership examples if you were ask to be a team leader?   Answer Question

Data Scientist/Engineer Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McKesson in May 2014.

When I applied, there had already been over 200 applicants. I was still selected and went all the way to in-person interview. Recruiter telephone interview, followed by additional screening interviews followed by Hiring manager and in-person interviews. After the hiring manager's telephone interview, In the middle of theinterview the salary range was reduced.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager essentially asked if I am prepared to work while commuting. There had been a lot of twists and turns since I applied in Dec 2013. I was repeatedly asked if commuting was an issue. After the in-person interview, Impending employment offer (that was discussed) never came.   View Answer

Manager Interview

I was brought in via recruiter. It was a very standard interview. I only met two folks and has phoned the following day with an offer with a 24 hour expiry.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather turn in something late and finished or turn it in on time and incomplete?   Answer Question

Summer Undergraduate Quality Assurance Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in April 2014.

I gave my resume through a Job Fair. A few weeks later, I was contacted by McKesson via email about scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview discussed details about the internship and consisted of your basic interview questions like "Did you ever worked in a group?; Did you have any conflicts with any of your group members and if so, how did you resolve them?; and Are you familiar with Agile?" I was emailed a few days later for an in-person interview. The interviewer was very friendly and asked questions like "Could you explain your resume including the projects you have done?; Tell me more about yourself; Are you able to learn on your own and work with a team?; If you had a disagreement with a co-worker over which solution to a problem is better, how would you resolve it?; and How do you accept rejection?"

Interview Questions
    • What is your definition of a great leader? What vegetable would you be and why?   Answer Question

Patient Services Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at McKesson.

Contacted for a telephone.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in April 2014.

Recruiter came to the Career fair and I bypassed the phone interview straight to in-person. Very smooth process in front of 3 architects that made me feel right at home.

Non-negotiable

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Was long and drawn out. 3 phone interviews with HR, mainly verifying interest in the position and personal information. The last with HR being the typical HR "what would you do" questions. 4th call was with the hiring manager, allowing them to evaluate phone etiquette. Another call from HR to confirm a face-to-face interview with hiring manager. Job offer came a week later.

Interview Questions
    • If you didn't know how to resolve a customer issue, what would you do?   View Answer
    HR only asked my minimum after the face-to-face interview. There was no negotiation offered.

Senior Administrative Assistant V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McKesson.

A recruiter had contacted me regarding this open position and gave me the interview schedule. I met with 3 managers which reported to the hiring Director. Each of the managers was pleasant and professional. After I interviewed with the managers I stayed to interview with the hiring manager. She was eager to hire, but wanted to make sure that it was someone who is smart enough and detailed enough to fill the position and provide support to all her demands without having to be told. I could tell this was an old company and you dressed and acted very corporate.

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions regarding my experience, specifically my business and accounting background and what I was doing since I left my previous employment.   Answer Question
    My recruiter negotiated for me. After being made an offer I told the hiring manager I had a few other interviews lined up and I had to honor my commitment to interview and consider their position. The made the manager want to hire me even more. She called me every day until I committed to working for her.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKesson in March 2014.

I was screened by a recruiter who explained that she was just the first step and if I "passed" her screening then my resume would be forwarded to the local office for review. The interview included all of the typical questions. When the interview was finished, the recruiter replied, "Well, you obviously made it to the next round." But then shortly after she offered, "If you do not hear anything in the next week, just forget about the job."

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult however, the recruiter typed significantly more than I actually spoke, which made me conscious of not only what I was saying but my tone and speed of speaking. I could not guess what else she was typing, unless she was a bad typist and needed to go back to fix mistakes. It was intimidating to listen to her type long after I was done answering a question.   Answer Question

Community Health Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Interview process via skype with Elena Popp and Jacque Waller

Interview Questions
    The salary- We work from home.