McKesson

2.7

Revenue Cycle Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson in January 2012.

An outside recruiter contacted me in mid December after seeing my resume on Monster. Then the recruiter forwarded my resume to HR of Mckesson. The initial HR interview went well but then no update to move on in the interview process. It took another three weeks to get scheduled for another interview. Finally I was granted another 1:1 with three different people in late January. The next step was to meet with region VPs. I contacted the initial outside recruiter for any feedback regarding my interview two weeks later. She was unsure of the delay on my status but reassured me that Mckesson like me and it went great. In late-February 2012, I received notification that I did not get the position. It was a long drawn out process that was mentally and physically exhausting.

Operations Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in January 2010.

contacted by HR; phone interview; 1-1 interview with hiring manager; offered position week later; began 3 weeks later

salary

Corporate Citizenship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in April 2011.

During my first onsite interview, the director informed me she already had a strong internal candidate... Which I thought was a bit strange. Not all interviewers were well prepared. Pretty sure they went with the internal candidate and were looking to get some free marcom insight from other candidates. Didn't feel like a fair shot out of the gate.

Interview Questions
    • What annoys you most   View Answer
    • Can you prepare a detailed LAN on how we can fix our employee outreach strategies? And can you email us your plan?   View Answer

Director of Enterprise Data Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson in November 2010.

One-to-one on site interview with the director in the current position with no phone interview. The process is clear, standard, and easy to follow. It has 30 min for HR-type questions, followed by job-specific questions. Later I realized that the company has an internal candidate that it already planned to promote to this position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage hourly workers? How do you ensure their data entry quality?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe your experiences in innovation related to this position?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in September 2011.

Applied on line, received a call from recruiter about a week later for a phone interview which took 1/2 hour. Received a call later that day from recruiter to set an appointment for face to face with supervisors. The face to face was the next day with two supervisors. Received a call later that day to set an appointment for second face to face with hiring manager the following week. Had second face to face which I thought went well. The next step was to interview with Director but haven't heard anything...it has been three weeks.

Computer Support Specialist - Nights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McKesson in August 2011.

I was called and performed a phone interview and was asked to come in for two more interviews. The following week, I had a 1:1 with the HR rep, and a panel interview with my potential department supervisors. They seemed interested, and I expressed interest in the position as well. After being given a complete tour of the facility and given an explanation of what my job duties would consist of, I was told to expect a call by the end of the week, and if I don't receive one, I can follow up. I never got a call, so I called on Friday to follow up. Nobody answered, so I left a voicemail politely stating I was following up with my interview. A week went by with no call, then the following Friday I received an email from the HR rep saying they would not be making an offer. I found this unprofessional, and would have appreciated a more prompt response or at least a reply to my phone call.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had a disagreement with a supervisor, and how did you resolve the conflict.   Answer Question
    • (Asked MULTIPLE times): Do you feel comfortable working the night shift?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKesson in September 2010.

Behavioral-based interview questions

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills   Answer Question
    none

Organizational Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in July 2011.

I applied on-line (via LinkedIn) and had the HR rep for the position contact me directly. We set up a time to speak over the phone and chatted for about 30 minutes about my background and my interests. She then asked me to speak to the head of the team over the phone. The Team Lead asked about my experience and spoke more on the context of the role and expactions for performance. She asked me to submit 5 examples of my work, which I did. Next, I was invited in to speak to 5-6 people that would interact directly with this role for one day of back-to-back discussions (including lunch). Everyone seemed quite laid back but very passionate about their work. There was clear frustration with the challenges the department weas facing.

Each step took about a week to progress. I was made the offer the Monday after the Friday interviews on site.

Interview Questions
    • How would you bring about alignment between senior executives from difference business units and/or affiliate/subsidiaries?   Answer Question

I declined the offer as it was a narrower version of my current job witha MUCH lower base and very little flexibility for upward movement (in seniority or base pay). It is a great role working with (what seemed to be) decent colleagues just not right for me at the time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McKesson in April 2011.

The interview went really well.
    A simple programming test and 4 -5 1:1 interviews after that. Overall they concentrated more on the technical skills and the experience. Also, there was some emphasis on what they are expecting from you/what their future plans are...
    One awesome from the office. Looks like office culture is very friendly in nature.

Interview Questions
    • questions about any scripting language I was comfortable with... they asked me about c# basics   Answer Question

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in March 2011.

Phone Interview happened at 5:30 one evening. I was told they would be contacting me for a face to face interview. First face to face happened two weeks later. I was then told they would be contacting me for a second face to face. Two weeks later, I had my second face to face and was told they would be contacting me for a third.

Both interviews went really well and the managers liked me. Never heard back. I sent email and phone call for follow up. Six weeks later, still have not been informed the positions had been filled. Missed other opportunities due to waiting for next interview.