McKesson Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Operations Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Broomfield, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in April 2008.

1 - Applied online

Did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McKesson in April 2011.

The interview went really well.
    A simple programming test and 4 -5 1:1 interviews after that. Overall they concentrated more on the technical skills and the experience. Also, there was some emphasis on what they are expecting from you/what their future plans are...
    One awesome from the office. Looks like office culture is very friendly in nature.

Interview Questions
    • questions about any scripting language I was comfortable with... they asked me about c# basics   Answer Question

Inside Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in September 2011.

Applied on line, received a call from recruiter about a week later for a phone interview which took 1/2 hour. Received a call later that day from recruiter to set an appointment for face to face with supervisors. The face to face was the next day with two supervisors. Received a call later that day to set an appointment for second face to face with hiring manager the following week. Had second face to face which I thought went well. The next step was to interview with Director but haven't heard anything...it has been three weeks.

Director of Enterprise Data Management Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson in November 2010.

One-to-one on site interview with the director in the current position with no phone interview. The process is clear, standard, and easy to follow. It has 30 min for HR-type questions, followed by job-specific questions. Later I realized that the company has an internal candidate that it already planned to promote to this position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage hourly workers? How do you ensure their data entry quality?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe your experiences in innovation related to this position?   Answer Question

Corporate Citizenship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in April 2011.

During my first onsite interview, the director informed me she already had a strong internal candidate... Which I thought was a bit strange. Not all interviewers were well prepared. Pretty sure they went with the internal candidate and were looking to get some free marcom insight from other candidates. Didn't feel like a fair shot out of the gate.

Interview Questions
    • What annoys you most   View Answer
    • Can you prepare a detailed LAN on how we can fix our employee outreach strategies? And can you email us your plan?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in April 2011.

I applied through the company website and received a call the following day. First a phone interview, and then an in-person interview with another recruiter. I then received a call for another in-person interview with the hiring manager. During the interview, she told me that she had been interviewing for months for this role and had repeatedly changed and reposted the position. I called and emailed HR afterwards, but no response. I called my recruiter again and she didn't bother calling back- she just sent me a ding email. I wasn't surprised to see the exact same position listed as a 'new' position on their website a week later.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at McKesson in July 2011.

I had a phone interview prior to this interview. I was flown to the Phx location on their dime and given a rental car. The interview was not difficult, the personnel on the panel were prompt, courteous and positive. This was one of the most relaxed and pleasant interviews I have ever had. I did not get this position as they went with another candidate. However, they called me back to let me know of their choice. That way I wasn't waiting by the phone wondering. Good experience.

Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in May 2011.

I applied for this position and within 2 weeks I received an email for a phone screen. The interviewer was very nice and honest. Questions were, "What do you know about McKesson?", Tell me about your background..., and tell me what you feel you can contribute to the role?" also...make sure you review the job description and share the details of how your skill set is transferable. Ask about the starting date and follow up in terms of notification to hire.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McKesson in March 2010.

After being emailed by a recruiter, I had an initial phone interview/screening. The screening lasted 20 minutes and was as much learning about me as it was telling me about McKesson. The recruiter was very nice and it was left that she would send my info on to the hiring manager and then be in touch. After two weeks, I followed up and she replied that the hiring manager had been swamped with a large project over the past few weeks and had not had time to meet to discuss candidates at that point. I again followed up two weeks later, at which point she said they still had not reviewed candidates. I believe the position was never-filled and canned by corporate since it was removed on the job board after a few months with no submission status in their applicant tracking system.

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Northborough, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Northborough, MA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at McKesson in January 2009.

they called, set up a time and told me the address and directions on how to get there. Meet with hiring manager, he gave me the nickel tour. Sat down in a conference room and had a one on one personal interview. He looked over my resume, but I really do think he had read it before the interview. He asked me standard interview questions and I responded accordingly.