McKesson Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

One quick (5 minutes max) call with a recruiting screener. Then I spoke to a recruiter who advised me that there were strong internal candidates for the role. I was advised to apply for another role, which was of much less interest to me. Not one to turn down opportunities, I applied! My in-office interview for the marketing role was split across two days and when I met a manager on the first day, she was baffled that the recruiter recommended me for the job. (I have a master's degree and the manager was obviously miffed since she had requested an entry-level candidate for the role.) I was very grateful for the honesty and openness when discussing the role with the manager and colleagues. I did a 30 minute phone interview with the manager for the rotational development program. In the end, I never heard a final decision about the rotational development program and I withdrew my candidacy from the marketing role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when... (all questions were behavioral interview questions)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Implement a Queue using a stack. Win32 API questions, Red black trees, What is LPARAM, WPARAM. How would you describe yourself ? Do you like working in a team/by yourselves? Biggest challenge you faced, strengths and weaknesses ?

Breast Pump Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at McKesson (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

After working with a staffing agency, I had a 15 minute phone call with their recruiter and was scheduled for an interview the next week. Upon arriving, the front desk was empty and the doors to the office were locked. About ten minutes after the interview was scheduled to begin, someone finally came to the desk to let me in. The interview was quick and very standard.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask any difficult questions. They were looking for someone very organized and efficient.   Answer Question

Declined due to salary offered.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in November 2014.

Interview

The process was thorough. I had 4 phone interviews (one with a recruiter, one with an HR specialist in their local office, one with the hiring manager and one with a hiring manager from a sister department) before I was invited to attend an in-person interview. The in-person interview was to be 4 one-hour interviews with various department leaders. I took a vacation day from work and prepared in the first half of the day and reported to their local office, arriving 10 minutes before the first interview was to begin. I received a phone call from the hiring manager when I pulled into the parking lot saying that something critical had come up and that she needed to reschedule the interview. I tried to sympathize, although I was disappointed and frustrated at losing vacation time. She committed to calling me back the next week to reschedule. She never did. I followed up via email and expressed interest and never heard a word. It would have been nice sine I devoted so much time to the interview process and since the interview cancellation was on their side, to have at least called me back or emailed me to let me know they weren't interested. Overall the interview process was extensive and professional and I do think as a company, they are thorough in making sure they find the right people for the position. Unfortunately, just a 2 minute phone call would have made a big difference in my opinion of this company and I would likely not apply for another position there considering the carelessness at the end of the process.

Interview Questions

• Advice- do your research and learn about the department you are applying with. They will expect you to know, even if you don't come from a background in the same field. They ask tough questions.   Answer Question

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Fairfield, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Basically it was a straight forward interview. They just asked you about your past history in all the places you've worked at. Then they proceed to ask you if you're currently in school, what you're goals in life are. Then they ask you one or two questions that can be answered just by looking at you're resume. Interview lasted for about 15 mins.

Interview Questions

• After graduating from college, would I be interested in working in my field of study in McKesson if I were offered a position at headquarters.   Answer Question

Clinical Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

I was recruited and recommended for the position by a current employee. The hiring and interviewing process was handled in a formal, detailed, systematic and professional manner by the Director and VP.

Interview Questions

• There were not any questions that stood out as difficult or unexpected during the interviewing process. All questioning was relevant to the position.   Answer Question

Call Center QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

Two interviews total — phone screening and an on-site interview. I received an email from a recruiter several days after applying for the position followed by a phone screening before the end of the week. An on-site interview was scheduled for the following week in a group panel interview setting with the Operations QA Supervisor and several members of the QA team. I do not recall specific questions but they were related to experiences as a QA Analyst with the final question being a 3-parter. Job offer was accepted and included a standard drug test and background check prior to being hired.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

Contracted by McKesson Talent Advisor for phone interview. One week later contacted for face to face interview. Interview was behavior type panel interview. They asked questions that were relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• Basic scenario questions such as how you handle conflicts with co –workers   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

typical if in sales, want results and documentation, will interview with at least two managers, process is relatively easy and hiring can take anywhere from one month to two months.

Interview Questions

• always the same question, why are you leaving your current company...   Answer Question

Negotiation

minimal negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in October 2014.

Interview

Let's start off by saying that you NEVER tell a company your desired salary. That is a quick way of selling yourself short or eliminating your chance to interview immediately. McKesson Information Solutions would not even interview me unless I told them what i wanted to make. This is poor business as I am left with nothing to negotiate with. I will not apply to them again and I encourage you not to either. By the way, the Remote Systems Administrator salary is 54-59k

Interview Questions

I should not have to divulge my salary requirements in the first interview round.