McKesson

Updated Feb 13, 2015
Updated Feb 13, 2015

2.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKesson in March 2014.

I was screened by a recruiter who explained that she was just the first step and if I "passed" her screening then my resume would be forwarded to the local office for review. The interview included all of the typical questions. When the interview was finished, the recruiter replied, "Well, you obviously made it to the next round." But then shortly after she offered, "If you do not hear anything in the next week, just forget about the job."

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult however, the recruiter typed significantly more than I actually spoke, which made me conscious of not only what I was saying but my tone and speed of speaking. I could not guess what else she was typing, unless she was a bad typist and needed to go back to fix mistakes. It was intimidating to listen to her type long after I was done answering a question.   Answer Question

Community Health Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Interview process via skype with Elena Popp and Jacque Waller

Interview Questions
    The salary- We work from home.

Controls and Compliance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in March 2014.

Applied through my school's career center. Had an initial interview with the recruiter and then I was invited for a second interview with controls and compliance manager at their office.

Interview Questions
    • Just the usual behavioral questions. "Tell us about a difficult decision you had to make, how did you go about it and what was the end result?"   Answer Question

Vice President, Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Very thorough interview process, beginning with standard HR phone screening with behavioral interviewing questions. In house interview with 8 resources including hiring manager and his boss, peers, and 3 individual contributors one of whom was also a candidate. Final interview was an in-house presentation. No topic given.

Interview Questions
    • No one question it the process including individual contributors that I would be managing was awkward and at times inappropriate.   Answer Question
    Negotiated vacation days and salary and was successful on both.

Senior Performance Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McKesson.

It was 4 step process. First with HR, Manager Level, Team Level, Test Team Level

Interview Questions
    Yes, just you can say that what you are looking for and check the market value before negotiation. Give them enough room to think and make a decision.

RN Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McKesson.

I applied online and received a call from an in-house recruiter the same day. He explained the interview process to me very clearly and followed up with me quickly.

Interview Questions
    • No surprise or trick questions. All inquiries were directly related to my experience and my thoughts about my role with patients and other customers   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson.

Very lengthy. Four separate interviews. One with HR which is just general interview questions. Strengths and weaknesses type deal. Then ride along with a sales rep to make sure you want to do their job, pretty straight forward. no hard questions. Then with a Sales leader who would be your immediate supervisor which asks you to prove your self and asks very detail oriented and situational questions. Finally with the Regional VP of sales, a little more relaxed but still along the same line of questioning, that might be why it was more relaxed....already had time to think about most of the questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell "this" to me if this was your nth attempt and I never give you my attention?   Answer Question
    Offer was much more than I know most were offered so i jumped on it.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I applied online – interviewed at McKesson in December 2013.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter. They asked about, how you heard about the job, some basic background about yourself, and then briefly go through your resume. The conversation lasted about 30 minute. There were no major technical questions, they were pretty easy to answer. When the interview ended, they say they will have the hiring manager contact you.

TeleHealth RN- Triage Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McKesson in November 2013.

Recruiter called the day after I submitted my application and resume. Secondary interview with one of the supervisors within a week and I knew that I was hired after the second interview was over. Very easy process. Apparently they were seeking to fill these positions very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were related to nursing practice and what you would do in a certain situation, those were the most difficult due to the nature of triage. Otherwise very little difficulty.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation.

Technical Writer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

They set up 30 minutes interviews with at least 5 managers and directors. When I say 30 minutes, I mean exactly 30 minutes. Each person asks basically the same questions, so you end up repeating yourself 5 times. Many of the questions were not related to the position's duties. I didn't have a good idea of what the exact job duties were. Each person explained it differently, including the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Teach me to tie a shoe. One person was asked to demonstrate how to dance.   Answer Question