McKesson Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.7

Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in September 2013.

Interview

Its usually a 5 step process. 4 phone calls and then a face to face. Questions were just scenarios of how you would handle tough situations. Also, how would you see yourself performing the job you have applied for.

Call Center QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson.

Interview

Two interviews total — phone screening and an on-site interview. I received an email from a recruiter several days after applying for the position followed by a phone screening before the end of the week. An on-site interview was scheduled for the following week in a group panel interview setting with the Operations QA Supervisor and several members of the QA team. I do not recall specific questions but they were related to experiences as a QA Analyst with the final question being a 3-parter. Job offer was accepted and included a standard drug test and background check prior to being hired.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial telephone call with HR person. This person "followed" me through the entire hiring process and it felt very salesman-like. Looking back on this I can see why. Within the Bay Area of where McKesson's headquarters is located the local reputation is an employer that does not treat its employees well [bad work life balance, etc.]. The onboarding was latterly that, I signed my offer letter and that was it. There was no official new hiring training, etc.

Interview Questions

• Very general interview questions and it seems like my education weighted very heavy in the interview selection process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would counter offer their salary since their salary is right at market value. For the long hours they expect out of your with little raises/bonuses a higher salary is fair

Enterprise Integration Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson (Louisville, CO).

Interview

Very comprehensive interview covering all aspects of enterprise infrastructure in healthcare enterprises and the integration points between them. Also covered standard enterprise systems and models, including wireless and wired networking at both the local and wide area scale, Unix and Linux implementation models, server virtualization and consolidation concepts, and storage models. Also covered interaction with project managers and creation and maintenance of project plans.

Interview Questions

• How do you standardize the IT fit of an enterprise with 45 locations across 4 timezones?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tough, as they really didn't understand the market for EAs. I stuck to my number and they finally came up to a level I was comfortable with accepting.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson (Honolulu, HI) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard with company recruiter making plans. Consisted of a couple phone screens and interviews, then in person interviews. Company paid for travel to location for final in person interviews. Employees seemed to enjoy working for McKesson and positive about the direction of the organization. Had to turn down the offer due to low salary and minimal relocation.

Interview Questions

Salary was on the low end given the cost of living. I got the impression most employees at the location are not paid well considering McKesson is a top 15 company and the location is one of most expensive places in the US. Relocation was lump sum that would only cover basic movers but did not include the benefits you would expect from a major employer (home sale, realtor commission, closing costs, new home purchase, etc were not covered). Hard to pass a job in Hawaii but didn't want to be so poor I couldn't afford to enjoy it.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

The process itself was straight forward with no major surprises. What was very unusual, from my perspective, was the number of interviews and lack of personal face-to-face meetings. I went through 16 different interviews over a 3 month period only to find out that an internal candidate received the offer. All in all, it was a good interviewing experience on how to handle multiple interviews for one position.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions regarding the what-ifs were asked and also different scenarios were given to test my responses. There we no real unexpected questions but many of the interviewers didn't even know why they were in the interviewing process.   Answer Question

Interview

Takes about 3 weeks. People were friendly, up front, gracious and sort of busy doing their jobs, so there was a good mix of interaction. Culture seems more in the passing time mode than actually looking enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were asked to work with a difficult customer that was faced with a difficult buying decision on one of our products?   Answer Question

Things were working out that I was going to have to move on another job more quickly.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Interview

The interview process was very intensive - with 6 interviews in total. The feedback and the interaction with the recruiter/company during the process was fantastic. I never had to wait more than a few hours without receiving an update on the process. Once the position was offered, there was a normal background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired but then never NO further direction, at all, how would you spend your first 90 days   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate slightly higher than was originally offered.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McKesson in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quick. There are multiple phone interviews and a final in person interview. I was notified of the interview process within a couple of days after the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in October 2014.

Interview

First phone interview with Recruiter second was face to face interview with person I would be filling in for. Interview went smooth, fairly easy going, interaction was good and provided me with all job details I needed to make a decision on the position. The third interview was to be with the HR Manager.

Interview Questions

• How I would apply my HR skills from the Petrochemical environment to adjust to Medical Industry?   Answer Question

Was offered another job that was long term contract or I would have accepted the offer with McKesson.