McKesson Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in May 2011.

I applied for this position and within 2 weeks I received an email for a phone screen. The interviewer was very nice and honest. Questions were, "What do you know about McKesson?", Tell me about your background..., and tell me what you feel you can contribute to the role?" also...make sure you review the job description and share the details of how your skill set is transferable. Ask about the starting date and follow up in terms of notification to hire.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at McKesson in June 2011.

There were 2 interviewers, they were really nice. One of them asked about non-technical questions, more like my transferable skills in teamwork. And he asked me to explain some projects that I did. The other one asked about technical questions. Mostly on C++.

Interview Questions
    • Given an array of 1001 elements, consists all numbers from 1-1000. Only one number is repeated. Write a function that returns the repeated number.   View Answers (4)
    • What is one thing that you want to improve?   Answer Question
    • What is your motivation?   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McKesson in March 2010.

After being emailed by a recruiter, I had an initial phone interview/screening. The screening lasted 20 minutes and was as much learning about me as it was telling me about McKesson. The recruiter was very nice and it was left that she would send my info on to the hiring manager and then be in touch. After two weeks, I followed up and she replied that the hiring manager had been swamped with a large project over the past few weeks and had not had time to meet to discuss candidates at that point. I again followed up two weeks later, at which point she said they still had not reviewed candidates. I believe the position was never-filled and canned by corporate since it was removed on the job board after a few months with no submission status in their applicant tracking system.

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Northborough, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Northborough, MA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at McKesson in January 2009.

they called, set up a time and told me the address and directions on how to get there. Meet with hiring manager, he gave me the nickel tour. Sat down in a conference room and had a one on one personal interview. He looked over my resume, but I really do think he had read it before the interview. He asked me standard interview questions and I responded accordingly.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in April 2011.

I applied through the company website and received a call the following day. First a phone interview, and then an in-person interview with another recruiter. I then received a call for another in-person interview with the hiring manager. During the interview, she told me that she had been interviewing for months for this role and had repeatedly changed and reposted the position. I called and emailed HR afterwards, but no response. I called my recruiter again and she didn't bother calling back- she just sent me a ding email. I wasn't surprised to see the exact same position listed as a 'new' position on their website a week later.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at McKesson in July 2011.

I had a phone interview prior to this interview. I was flown to the Phx location on their dime and given a rental car. The interview was not difficult, the personnel on the panel were prompt, courteous and positive. This was one of the most relaxed and pleasant interviews I have ever had. I did not get this position as they went with another candidate. However, they called me back to let me know of their choice. That way I wasn't waiting by the phone wondering. Good experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in May 2009.

Interviewed for 2 intern positions. Had a face to face interview for each one and had another behavioral interview prior to both.

Interview Questions
    • Suggest a solution to this problem which involves predicting when a machine part is going to run out in inventory   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at McKesson in October 2010.

It was an all day affair. Several students from my college were brought in that day and we took tours of the day and night operations. Also, having a total of 4 separate interviews through out the day. 3 interview were behavioral based and read from a script that the Mangers had to stick with. However, the last interview was the Operations manager and he just wanted to talk to you as a person and get a feel for your personality and what you could be to McKesson. Also, the people interviewing us were the actually managers and not just HR personnel.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you had to lead a group of people and what skill did you use.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in November 2010.

Straight-forward and good communication

Interview Questions
    • What would be your start-to-finish approach to a release?   Answer Question
    company provided best offer available

Data Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in August 2010.

I meet with the hiring manager who was real nice. He did not have a list of prepared questions nor did he write down any of my answers. He talked about the job mostly. He introduced me to another manager who I would not report too. He made it out like I had the job. I never heard back nor did I get a rejection letter either. Very strange.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your self. Nothing hard at all.   View Answer