McKesson Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.7

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in January 2010.

Interview

contacted by HR; phone interview; 1-1 interview with hiring manager; offered position week later; began 3 weeks later

Negotiation

salary

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKesson (Dallas, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Behavioral-based interview questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Carrollton, TX).

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR recruiter. Then a 1 hour session with panel of 2 managers. Second time in was with the director.

Interview Questions

• Explain one situation when you had to deal with a difficult client or customer.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKesson (Blue Bell, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview from HR, then came in for an onsite orientation which composed of 5 separate interviews (some were 1-1, others had 2 interviewers). Questions ranged from behavioral to technical.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson (Blue Bell, PA) in May 2008.

Interview

The interviews took place over the phone, in person and also within a group setting. The questions were behavioral in nature.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where something you did not go well? What would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in April 2011.

Interview

The process consisted of a technical phone screen followed by an on site interview. The technical phone screen covered Java, J2EE, JDBC, and Relational Database concepts and implementation issues. This initial session lasted about one hour. The next step in the process, an on site interview, occurred the following week. The face to face interview consisted of a session with two developers with the project manager present. The developers asked additional technical questions, while the project manager asked higher level behavioral questions to asses my soft skills. I came away with a positive overall impression of the company and its work environment, at least as far as the IT department goes.

Interview Questions

• Describe architectural, design, and coding strategies that you have used to keep application data consistent across multiple data sources in enterprise applications.   Answer Question

I am looking for more "cutting edge" development work than this firm currently offers, especially since I am currently employed and can afford to be selective.

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

Fairly straightforward process. It starts with an interview with a recruiter who makes sure you have the communication skills and the cultural fit for the company. Then a phone screen with a director who goes through your experience and wants to make sure you are a good technical fit. Lastly, you come in for a face to face with several other managers and directors. A lot of the interviews are one on one but there are a couple whith dev managers that are panel based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a non-technical problem that has required you to get buy in from disparate groups and required some negotiating.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was some negotiating but there is not much leeway.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKesson (Emeryville, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview went really well. A simple programming test and 4 -5 1:1 interviews after that. Overall they concentrated more on the technical skills and the experience. Also, there was some emphasis on what they are expecting from you/what their future plans are... One awesome from the office. Looks like office culture is very friendly in nature.

Interview Questions

• questions about any scripting language I was comfortable with... they asked me about c# basics   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in July 2010.

Interview

I applied it through online. It took 1 week for phone interview and finally it went perfect, manager was happy. After 2 weeks I received call for in-person screening. I got down there it went around like 1 1/2 hr. Its with 4 ppl in the panel and the interview was more in deeper, the questions asked by manager,developer, administrator, tester are little bit tricky and easy to answer. I've given my past project presentation like what I did over there and all. But unfortunately the job is in hold.

Interview Questions

• Give small presentation on your previous web application testing? Open the web site explain in detail.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

The interviews went on from June 7th and I got the final answer with in 3 weeks. In these three weeks I had 3 rounds of interview - 2 phone interview and one personal interview. They were really quick in replying after the interviews. In the first interview was just a phone screen by the HR. The next interview was behavioral by the hiring manager. He was really nice and asked simple questions about my past experience and educational background. The personal interview was based on how much the candidate knows about the product and what he/she could bring to the team.

Interview Questions

• In past, you have worked with B2C but this position required you to do B2B. How do you think you can overcome this challenge?   Answer Question