McKesson

Getting the Interview

148 candidate interviews

Director of Enterprise Data Management Interview

Carrollton, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson in November 2010.

Interview Details – One-to-one on site interview with the director in the current position with no phone interview. The process is clear, standard, and easy to follow. It has 30 min for HR-type questions, followed by job-specific questions. Later I realized that the company has an internal candidate that it already planned to promote to this position.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage hourly workers? How do you ensure their data entry quality?   Answer Question
  • Can you describe your experiences in innovation related to this position?   Answer Question

Accounting Internship Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McKesson in February 2012.

Interview Details – First interview was an on campus behavioral interview. Pretty standard stuff. About a month later there was another on-site interview with the hiring manager. It was more of a fit type interview. Everyone was nice throughout the whole process. The first interview was not specific to the job. I think that they just do a basic screen and then the next round is for a specific job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you lead a team, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Carrollton, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was good and very positive. I got the call from recruiter after applying on the website. The questions were basic and nothing exceptional. later I got the call for personal interview with hiring manager. The questions were about the experience and MBA courses I studied.

Interview Question – Tell me about the time when I failed   Answer Question

Compliance Manager Interview

Interviewed at McKesson

Interview Details – referred by a thrid party recuriter, got resedule a few times, met with the hiring manager (VP) for about an hour, he introduced himself a little bit and explain the background of the position. Then he asked me some questions with samples. I did not go well during the interview and he told the recuriter that I would not be further considered.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Computer Support Specialist - Nights Interview

New Castle, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McKesson in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was called and performed a phone interview and was asked to come in for two more interviews. The following week, I had a 1:1 with the HR rep, and a panel interview with my potential department supervisors. They seemed interested, and I expressed interest in the position as well. After being given a complete tour of the facility and given an explanation of what my job duties would consist of, I was told to expect a call by the end of the week, and if I don't receive one, I can follow up. I never got a call, so I called on Friday to follow up. Nobody answered, so I left a voicemail politely stating I was following up with my interview. A week went by with no call, then the following Friday I received an email from the HR rep saying they would not be making an offer. I found this unprofessional, and would have appreciated a more prompt response or at least a reply to my phone call.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had a disagreement with a supervisor, and how did you resolve the conflict.   Answer Question
  • (Asked MULTIPLE times): Do you feel comfortable working the night shift?   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson in August 2012.

Interview Details – Had phone interview with contractor. Did in person test. Had follow up face-to-face with subordinate to hiring manager. Then had final phone interview with the hiring manager. I was warned that he was very hard to read. Questions more about how I would handle situations rather than technical interview.

Interview Question – I see there's a six month gap in your resume, and 3 month contracts the year before. What am I to make of that? (he didn't seem to know that contracts could be as short as 3 months, he though I was just fired for poor performance.   View Answer

Revenue Cycle Manager Interview

The Woodlands, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at McKesson in January 2012.

Interview Details – An outside recruiter contacted me in mid December after seeing my resume on Monster. Then the recruiter forwarded my resume to HR of Mckesson. The initial HR interview went well but then no update to move on in the interview process. It took another three weeks to get scheduled for another interview. Finally I was granted another 1:1 with three different people in late January. The next step was to meet with region VPs. I contacted the initial outside recruiter for any feedback regarding my interview two weeks later. She was unsure of the delay on my status but reassured me that Mckesson like me and it went great. In late-February 2012, I received notification that I did not get the position. It was a long drawn out process that was mentally and physically exhausting.

Interview Question – Are you a leader or a worker bee?   Answer Question

Finance Rotation Leadership Program Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – First round is over the phone with a corporate recruiter. Basic behavioral and resume-walk-through. Also questions about why McKesson and try to be specific. Most people who apply for this job have no idea what McKesson really does or how they make money. Do your diligence!

Invited back for the second round at the headquarters. Given a case (it's the same one every year so read up on it online) to put together and present in front of some top level people. Impressive but while the interviewers are generally nice, there are a few people that make you wonder if working there would be all frowns and leers. Again be ready to know WHY McKesson.

An impressive thing is to know what is happening in the industry, and be specific! Also know why and how McKesson has responded or lead efforts to deal with this.

Interview Question – Would you prefer to work at corporate or a business unit and why?   Answer Question

Senior Director Employee Relations Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had two telephone interviews. The first one was conducted by someone who clearly had no idea what she was doing. She simply said she was calling to find out more about my background and stopped there. Dead silence on the phone. After awhile we finally got back on track to get to the basic qualification questions, but she didn't seem to have any understanding of what the job was about. I had a second telephone interview with a different recruiter who seemed to have more experience and was better prepared. However, he had his own limitations with understanding the scope job he was seeking to fill and the experiences of the candidates related to the performance of that job. I had nearly twice as much direct experience as required for the job and didn't make it past the phone interview.

Interview Question – The questions focused on experience as it related to the job. Nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at McKesson in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was called by a hiring manager in New York to schedule a call with someone is San Francisco. The phone interview went great, and I was told that I would be called back by the hiring manager. 2 weeks later I received an email that I wasn't selected

Interview Question – Basic questions   Answer Question