McKesson

149 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting Supervisor Interview

Carrollton, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position using their careers website. The recruiter sent me an email request for a phone interview. After the phone interview, she set up a meeting with the finance director onsite.

I met with the director and one of the managers. The interview had a lot of behavioral and technical questions. They asked me to demonstrate my proficiency with Excel and asked for many examples of how I handle tough situations. After it was over, I was sent home with 'homework'. I had to write up my take on what the job entailed, and also state what I brought to the table. I completed the homework later that night and sent it via email to the director. The recruiter then called me and set up an interview with one of the finance executives.

I met with the executive for about an hour. We went over technical and behavioral questions. No homework this time. She mentioned that they might be reposting the position overall, which I thought was an odd statement during a finalist interview. I was told that I would hear back in the next week or two.

I never heard back. Not even a ding letter. I missed 1 1/2 days of work, completed homework and visited the facility twice and they couldn't even bother with a quick email telling me I didn't get the job. It was very unprofessional. The worst part? I interviewed with them back in 2011 and had the same experience then as well. It's common courtesy to update applicants. I can't believe such a huge company would have HR practices like this. Stay away!

Interview Question – The homework, for sure. It wasn't difficult, just time consuming and unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Carrollton, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson in May 2012.

Interview Details – My first communication was a phone call for a phone interview. After a short conversation about myself, I was asked to come in for an interview. The first interview was an interview with two individuals in a small conference room. It was an average interview asking about my knowledge and experience. I heard back from McKesson in less than a week asking for a second interview and the second interview was a panel interview in front of several Senior Managers and then I sat down with the Director of the department.

Interview Question – There werent'e any tough questions that I didn't expect. The behavioral questions are always the hardest, but I had prepared and read on some questions to expect during an interview, so there weren't any questions that were extremely difficult that weren't expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The largest negotiation was salary. There wasn't any mention of salary until this time. We agreed on a set amount and a starting date, and I made my transition to the company.

Senior Director Employee Relations Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had two telephone interviews. The first one was conducted by someone who clearly had no idea what she was doing. She simply said she was calling to find out more about my background and stopped there. Dead silence on the phone. After awhile we finally got back on track to get to the basic qualification questions, but she didn't seem to have any understanding of what the job was about. I had a second telephone interview with a different recruiter who seemed to have more experience and was better prepared. However, he had his own limitations with understanding the scope job he was seeking to fill and the experiences of the candidates related to the performance of that job. I had nearly twice as much direct experience as required for the job and didn't make it past the phone interview.

Interview Question – The questions focused on experience as it related to the job. Nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Ruther Glen, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at McKesson in November 2012.

Interview Details – McKesson Pharmaceutical business unit: Consisted of a brief phone interview from McKesson recruiter (week 1) and paperwork; work history, EEOC, etc. (week 1). Recruiter emailed me the details for the interview. Interview was scheduled for only 1 hour, and it was a panel with 4 managers / directors. Interview day comes, and the interview starts 20 minutes later than scheduled (left me waiting in the lobby), not a good sign. 2 out of the four interviewers were present (not the 4 that were scheduled, another bad sign). Basic behavior analysis questions. I was told they were motivated to hire and that they would let me know either way in 1-2 weeks on their decision. I followed up by email, but no response. I feel I was used as an interviewing quota, and that they already had an internal candidate they were interested in.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral analysis questions like "Describe a time when........."   Answer Question

Corporate Strategy and Business Development Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at McKesson in December 2012.

Interview Details – The recruitment process was explained as being straight forward. The initial interview went really well and this was confirmed by HR recruiter. The questions were behavioral and resume focused. For the next steps, she explained to me that after the holidays she would be contacting me to set my second interview and to please remain interested. This was confirmed by email as well. However, I did not hear any word from the recruiter. I decided to contact another recruiter at McKesson to reiterate my interest but also express concern. She emailed me back with a very unprofessional and non-detailed message simply stating the position is no longer available. I am concluding that someone dropped the ball.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Emeryville, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied using LinkedIn. Had a screening phone call then another with HR; both went well and was invited in for an interview with five individuals ranging from would-be peers to the Manager and Director. Interview went okay but I believe I was a bit over qualified. Because they had something of a crisis, little attention was paid to my process.

Sadly, they never got back to me. I sent emails and called -- absolutely no response. Most unprofessional process ever...even if they would have made an offer, I would not accept.

Interview Question – You seem overqualified, are you sure you want to work here?   View Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McKesson in February 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter and had a phone screen interview, then talked with the hiring manager

Interview Question – How to collaborate across board   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McKesson in January 2013.

Interview Details – Current internal resource so I applied on the website for an open position. I got a call back a few days later from a McKesson recruiter, she setup an interview with the regional sales mgr. Had 4 days to prepare. The interview consisted of alot of talk about large territory quotas, position expectations and duties. I did well, rocked it, was very prepared but got a call back from the recruiter about 48 hrs after the interview that they were going with other candidates who were "more qualified." Right, i saw the same position get re-posted a week later...

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Administrative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at McKesson in February 2013.

Interview Details – Horrible process. The first interview, the manager was a no-show so I interviewed with two women who were literally "deer in headlights" offered a 2nd interview, they needed to reschedule twice, wouldn't accommodate my date/time and hired the other candidate w/o giving me my 2nd chance.

Interview Question – Just went over experience...they weren't prepared at all   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – First round interviews were on campus and the questions were all behavioral based. Second round interviews were done at the branch that you would be working for. The company really believes in what they do and the impact they have on people's lives.

Interview Question – The behavioral and situational questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at McKesson