McKesson

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Rotation Leadership Program Interview

Finance Rotation Leadership Program
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – First round is over the phone with a corporate recruiter. Basic behavioral and resume-walk-through. Also questions about why McKesson and try to be specific. Most people who apply for this job have no idea what McKesson really does or how they make money. Do your diligence!

Invited back for the second round at the headquarters. Given a case (it's the same one every year so read up on it online) to put together and present in front of some top level people. Impressive but while the interviewers are generally nice, there are a few people that make you wonder if working there would be all frowns and leers. Again be ready to know WHY McKesson.

An impressive thing is to know what is happening in the industry, and be specific! Also know why and how McKesson has responded or lead efforts to deal with this.

Interview Question – Would you prefer to work at corporate or a business unit and why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Emeryville, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson in November 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview - HR based
Had a phone interview with the hiring manager
Had an onsite interview.It consisted of 1:1 interview and two panel interviews.
It was a day long interview.

Interview Question – Technical Test   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone call from the central office's hr. They conducted an initial screening, personality interview. Several phone calls followed to arrange work related interviews with staff on location. Then someone from the site called for an in depth interview. Then a one on one and in person panel interview followed.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you disagreed with someone, how did you resolve this?   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Support Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McKesson in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, next day was contacted by a recruiter, discussed the job description and asked about my background. The following week, a second recruiter contacted me, interviewed over the phone for 30 minutes. My next step was a in person interview with the hiring manager, site manager and 6 other managers. Was not prepared for this huge interview panel.

Interview Question – 1. Describe your background
2. How did you find out about Mckesson?
3. Tell my about your tech. Skills?
  View Answer

Account Receivable Specialist Interview

Account Receivable Specialist

Interviewed at McKesson

Interview Details – I was called by HR for an interview for an Insurance Processor position. During the interview, I interviewed with the Team Lead, and Supervisor. About a week later I was offered a position which was different from the position that I interviewed with. At that time the company was known as Per-Se Technologies.

Interview Question – Questions were basic questions.   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Senior Data Analyst

Interviewed at McKesson

Interview Details – I applied for this position last November. The interview had to be rescheduled several times, because the recruiter supposedly was sick (later on it turned out that she was moving from Atlanta to Houston). I was very disappointed with the hiring process. I think recruiters who are genuinely interested in the hiring process should be employed, not those whom require 2-3 weeks just to get into contact with the candidate.

Interview Question – There was no question related to the position whatsoever. The most unexpected (should I say surprising) question was that: You live in the medical center, so how are you coming to work in case you get hired (the job was located in The Woodlands, TX, which is about 40-45 min drive from the med center)? I almost said that I would take my personal airplane. Duh?! What kind of question is it? I drive of course, like anyone else (not sure what her problem was, I did not ask for any moving expense, and of course, I would have moved closer, though the 45 min driving distance is nothing in Houston).   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – Gave them my resume at a college career fair. After a few weeks I got an interview. It was mostly behavioral questions, no tough technical questions. They asked if I was willing to relocate, etc. I said I was willing, but would prefer not to. They made accommodations and put me at a location near my home. Eventually I got a call from them that they'd like an in person interview at a location. However, later they said they didn't have it properly scheduled, and I got a phone interview instead. Still no real technical questions. General questions about working and skills. They took several weeks to get back to me, but eventually called and said they'd send me an offer. I accepted.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked if I thought the pay was good, I didn't negotiate since the salary was higher than I expected and I have very little experience.

Communications/Marketing Interview

Communications/Marketing
Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, as you must with practically all positions now. There were no first- or second-tier, word-of-mouth leads that got me in the pipeline for an interview. I was initially interviewed by phone by a member of the HR department; it was a very standard battery of very legalistic, procedural questions. That took about 10 minutes and was over. I was told that if they were still interested, I'd hear from "someone soon." The following week, I was contacted by someone else in HR and a phoner was scheduled. It lasted about 45 minutes and was very detailed, though it was clear that she was reading from a prepared list of questions and had not really taken the time to understand my career history as spelled out on my resume. Once that was over, she said she'd forward my information to the hiring manager in the department and see if they still wished to proceed. That same day, I was sent an e-mail saying they wanted me to travel to the office (which is in a city other than where I live) and that McKesson would pick up the tab. As I was making arrangements to be away, I got an e-mail the next day saying that they had changed their mind and would be hiring someone else.

Interview Question – Basic questions - none too difficult.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details – Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn.
Had phone screen with recruiter #1. Basic questions about years in my role, levels dealt with, ability to work in US, etc. Was told that the manager of the role was difficult.
Had second phone interview with recruiter #2. Went over my resume, the set up of the dept. and more information about the role and hiring manager. Was advised that the hiring manager had a "different communication style" and was short, but still a good manager.
Had phone interview with the hiring manager. Was asked about levels I worked with, programs I managed and their outcomes, times that I had to push back on a senior level person, and times when I was over-ruled by senior mgmt and why/how handled.
Recruiter #2 reached out to me afterwards and said next steps will be on-site interview, I should hear back in a week. I did not hear back so I reached out, was told they were still interviewing and had some internal interest they now had to interview.
Due to many years of interviewing I realized they would be passing on me so i thanked the recruiter for all their time.

Interview Question – When was your idea over ruled by senior mgmt? Why was it and how did you react?   Answer Question

Associate - Finance Rotational Development Program Interview

Associate - Finance Rotational Development Program
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McKesson in April 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was a phone interview. I simply walked the recruiter through my resume, answered questions about my leadership experience, and explained why I was interested in McKesson.

My second, and final step, was two 30 minute interviews and case presentation at McKesson's corporate headquarters in San Francisco. They gave me a Stanford Business School case on a startup company, SKOLAR M.D. Acting as the CFO of SKOLAR presenting to the CEO, I presented my recommendations on ways to improve the company's ability to survive for the next 2 years and its ability to raised additional funds. The presentation was 15-20 minutes with Q and A afterwards. I interviewed with the VP of Investor Relations and a senior manager from Business Development. The senior manager from Business Development was an alum of the FRDP program.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult. I was pretty much asked about my interest in McKesson and my work experience   Answer Question