McKesson

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson in May 2013.

Smooth, professional. Contract Recruiter, Company Recruiter, Hiring Manager, team interview then VP.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn.
    Had phone screen with recruiter #1. Basic questions about years in my role, levels dealt with, ability to work in US, etc. Was told that the manager of the role was difficult.
    Had second phone interview with recruiter #2. Went over my resume, the set up of the dept. and more information about the role and hiring manager. Was advised that the hiring manager had a "different communication style" and was short, but still a good manager.
    Had phone interview with the hiring manager. Was asked about levels I worked with, programs I managed and their outcomes, times that I had to push back on a senior level person, and times when I was over-ruled by senior mgmt and why/how handled.
    Recruiter #2 reached out to me afterwards and said next steps will be on-site interview, I should hear back in a week. I did not hear back so I reached out, was told they were still interviewing and had some internal interest they now had to interview.
    Due to many years of interviewing I realized they would be passing on me so i thanked the recruiter for all their time.

Interview Questions
    • When was your idea over ruled by senior mgmt? Why was it and how did you react?   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Gave them my resume at a college career fair. After a few weeks I got an interview. It was mostly behavioral questions, no tough technical questions. They asked if I was willing to relocate, etc. I said I was willing, but would prefer not to. They made accommodations and put me at a location near my home. Eventually I got a call from them that they'd like an in person interview at a location. However, later they said they didn't have it properly scheduled, and I got a phone interview instead. Still no real technical questions. General questions about working and skills. They took several weeks to get back to me, but eventually called and said they'd send me an offer. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    They asked if I thought the pay was good, I didn't negotiate since the salary was higher than I expected and I have very little experience.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Two phone interviews with recruiters, two phone interviews with managers, face to face interview with manager.

None needed. They offered what I asked for.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McKesson.

Met them during college job fair. After about week got an interview. Went over my resume. Questions were easy. It was very formal and not difficult. Asked about my GPA and why I am applying for this job. and etc. I thought I did very well but was not offered this position.

Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McKesson in April 2013.

Applied online, next day was contacted by a recruiter, discussed the job description and asked about my background. The following week, a second recruiter contacted me, interviewed over the phone for 30 minutes. My next step was a in person interview with the hiring manager, site manager and 6 other managers. Was not prepared for this huge interview panel.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Describe your background
      2. How did you find out about Mckesson?
      3. Tell my about your tech. Skills?

View Answer

Associate - Finance Rotational Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McKesson in April 2013.

Initial interview was a phone interview. I simply walked the recruiter through my resume, answered questions about my leadership experience, and explained why I was interested in McKesson.

My second, and final step, was two 30 minute interviews and case presentation at McKesson's corporate headquarters in San Francisco. They gave me a Stanford Business School case on a startup company, SKOLAR M.D. Acting as the CFO of SKOLAR presenting to the CEO, I presented my recommendations on ways to improve the company's ability to survive for the next 2 years and its ability to raised additional funds. The presentation was 15-20 minutes with Q and A afterwards. I interviewed with the VP of Investor Relations and a senior manager from Business Development. The senior manager from Business Development was an alum of the FRDP program.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult. I was pretty much asked about my interest in McKesson and my work experience   Answer Question

Senior Applications Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

I was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume online. An HR talent advisor contacted me a few days later and said that I would be contacted by the hiring manager. I had a telephone interview with the hiring manager and another with a different manager. I was contacted by HR the next morning and told that they wanted to move forward with the offer. I completed an application and accepted the offer on the next business day.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was not difficult. We basically talked about my experience and the position.   Answer Question
    There was not much negotiating. I told the recruiter what I wanted and she said that would be fine. When I spoke with HR, they said they may have to go a little lower, but the hiring manager said they could give me exactly what I asked for and that is what was on my offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Initially had an on campus interview scheduled online which led to an office tour / interview at the company. The tour was informative but long. Lunch was provided and I interviewed with the same employee I interviewed with the first time as well as one other person. They asked similar questions to the first interview's questions.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

>>Got contacted first over the phone by HR coordinator...gave an initial introduction to the position, what it was about, what department it related to, how much I planned to make, talked about the previous job roles and how your past experience relates to this new position, and why was it that I applied to this position.
    >> 1st responses got forwarded to Talent Acq. Advisor...had a phone interivew with a 2nd person within the next week...emphasized about my past job experiences, how my current skills fit in this new position. Discussed more in depth about the Technical Support Engineering position, what it encompasses and what products I would be supporting. Discussed about what was it that I was looking for in my job role.
    >> Talent Acq. Advisor forwarded my responses to the actual Technical support manager for whom would be my supervisor. 3rd phone interivew with Technical support manager...Again, discussed what experience I had working with customers. Asked if I had an professional experience in being able to interact with other business partners, clinicians, doctors and other medical staff. Discussed more abour the specifics of the Job role. Talked abour the Lynx Mobile system and where the company is at in changing the way healthcare is given.
    >> 3 weeks later, Got invited for a final face to face interview in San Francisco, spoke withe 3 people...Technical Manager, Project Manager, and Implementation Analyst. Everyone was friendly and very welcoming. I interviewed in the McKesson Health Specialty office that was 5 blocks from the actual headquarters building. Interview was about 2.5 hrs, about 45 mins with each person individually...Followed up with them 1 week after final interview, and got a job offer!

Interview Questions
    • What is your ideal work environment?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a moment where you had to deal with a very difficult customer. How did you diffuse the situation? What was the outcome   Answer Question
    • What is it that you are looking for in your next job role?   Answer Question
    very straight forward.