McKesson Medical-Surgical

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager, Network and Infrastructure Interview

Manager, Network and Infrastructure

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at McKesson Medical-Surgical in February 2014.

Interview Details – Became a McKesson employee through acquisition of existing organization... I did NOT interview directly for a job within McKesson. I did apply for 6 other positions within the company but was NOT given any consideration even though I was an existing employee

Sourcing Manager Interview

Sourcing Manager

I applied online - interviewed at McKesson Medical-Surgical in April 2014.

Interview Details – HR contacted first for the job actually a level lowered than what I applied for, but wanted to have a converation anyway. The conversation went pretty well with the HR contact and was told that I could expect a follow up with decisions regarding next step in a couple of days which didn't happen. Followed up once, still no response and after 3 weeks I was told the position was filled...

Interview Question – standard instruduction of the business what they do and go through my resume as well as asked how I feel about the postions, why wanted to change job, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at McKesson Medical-Surgical in May 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communication via email with the hiring manager. Onsite interview with the team of managers and team members. Lunch with the entire team and then more interview and salary discussion with the hiring manager... it was an All Day affair! Most of the discussion was focused on experience, technical ability and work / project history.

Interview Question – How to deal with difficult personalities...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy discussion with hiring manager

Field Sales Interview

Field Sales
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson Medical-Surgical in January 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted resume online via job board and was contacted initially by recruiter for phone screen, who then passed on my information to someone in talent acquisition at Zee Medical. She was polite and professional and scheduled me to meet with Regional Sales Manager. Interview went well, I was asked to come back and meet with VP. Interview went well, thanked for their time in follow-up note.

Interview Question – I was asked if I would have any issue with competing against a former co-worker   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Richmond, VA

I interviewed at McKesson Medical-Surgical in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interviewers didn't seem to have enough time to interview me. It was an easy interview, with basic questions that asked me to think of examples from previous employers of how I achieved certain goals. It would have been nice to been able to know more about the lack of culture that this company has during the interview process.

Interview Question – It was all, give an example of when you led a team to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they only negotiated the signing bonus, not the base salary.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson Medical-Surgical.

Interview Details – Supervisors take way to long to hire and interview. There are SOME supervisors who do not care if you are hired or fired if you are a temp.

Interview Question – Why is it that this company has so much money and has so many temps in all the departments? Why are they not hiring people like they should? This world has families and jobless people makes some peoples day and hire..............   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Operations
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McKesson Medical-Surgical in August 2011.

Interview Details – Consisted of an initial phone interview, followed by a 1:1 interview a few days later. Two separate interviews were scheduled after the 1:1, one being a panel interview. The overall process took about a week and was told that I'd be informed in 1-2 weeks regarding an offer.

Interview Question – What was an instance when you received pushback & resistance, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McKesson Medical-Surgical in March 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communications w/ company recruiter who already determined I was a good fit for the position. The hiring manager talked through the interview, would finish my sentences, spoke very fast, and I felt like he was trying to hurry through the interview. The second interview was with a team member who had never done an interview (read off a standard list of questions). The recruiter keeps reaching out to me every 6-12 months for positions. I am always one of the top candidates; however, I feel like they are disorganized and not focused on the key factors that are essential for the position.

Interview Question – What were your 3 greatest professional accomplishments?   View Answer

Inventory Analyst Interview

Inventory Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson Medical-Surgical in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was already with the company. The HR rep who had interviewed me before knew my skill set and knew what I was looking for. He reached out to me and let me know of this opened position I might be interested. I had to do an internal interview process. I applied for the position, a week later got a call from HR for the first interview. It consisted a serious of behavior interview questions, my skill sets and etc. Then got a call for an interview with hiring manager about a day or two later. Went through a serious of behavior interview questions, technical questions, etc. Both interviewers were very pleasant.

Interview Question – How do you handle troubleshooting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the position, but I didn't like the salary. I presented my case for why I think my skill set where within a certain range and the offer wasn't meeting my requirement. The hiring manager and the HR team worked together and came back with a different offer. They were very open when I suggested the new range and came back within 2 days with a new offer.

Operations Interview

Operations

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McKesson Medical-Surgical in October 2010.

Interview Details – The representatives were very friendly and easy-going. They asked the typical personality questions to see if I was a good fit for the corporate culture.

Interview Question – Describe yourself.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for McKesson Medical-Surgical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McKesson Medical-Surgical interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by McKesson Medical-Surgical employees and interview candidates.