McKesson Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.9

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Data Scientist/Engineer Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McKesson in May 2014.

When I applied, there had already been over 200 applicants. I was still selected and went all the way to in-person interview. Recruiter telephone interview, followed by additional screening interviews followed by Hiring manager and in-person interviews. After the hiring manager's telephone interview, In the middle of theinterview the salary range was reduced.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager essentially asked if I am prepared to work while commuting. There had been a lot of twists and turns since I applied in Dec 2013. I was repeatedly asked if commuting was an issue. After the in-person interview, Impending employment offer (that was discussed) never came.   View Answer

Summer Undergraduate Quality Assurance Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in April 2014.

I gave my resume through a Job Fair. A few weeks later, I was contacted by McKesson via email about scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview discussed details about the internship and consisted of your basic interview questions like "Did you ever worked in a group?; Did you have any conflicts with any of your group members and if so, how did you resolve them?; and Are you familiar with Agile?" I was emailed a few days later for an in-person interview. The interviewer was very friendly and asked questions like "Could you explain your resume including the projects you have done?; Tell me more about yourself; Are you able to learn on your own and work with a team?; If you had a disagreement with a co-worker over which solution to a problem is better, how would you resolve it?; and How do you accept rejection?"

Interview Questions
    • What is your definition of a great leader? What vegetable would you be and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in April 2014.

Recruiter came to the Career fair and I bypassed the phone interview straight to in-person. Very smooth process in front of 3 architects that made me feel right at home.

Non-negotiable

Senior Administrative Assistant V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McKesson.

A recruiter had contacted me regarding this open position and gave me the interview schedule. I met with 3 managers which reported to the hiring Director. Each of the managers was pleasant and professional. After I interviewed with the managers I stayed to interview with the hiring manager. She was eager to hire, but wanted to make sure that it was someone who is smart enough and detailed enough to fill the position and provide support to all her demands without having to be told. I could tell this was an old company and you dressed and acted very corporate.

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions regarding my experience, specifically my business and accounting background and what I was doing since I left my previous employment.   Answer Question
    My recruiter negotiated for me. After being made an offer I told the hiring manager I had a few other interviews lined up and I had to honor my commitment to interview and consider their position. The made the manager want to hire me even more. She called me every day until I committed to working for her.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied online – interviewed at McKesson in December 2013.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter. They asked about, how you heard about the job, some basic background about yourself, and then briefly go through your resume. The conversation lasted about 30 minute. There were no major technical questions, they were pretty easy to answer. When the interview ended, they say they will have the hiring manager contact you.

Data Integrity Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKesson in September 2013.

The HR director sent email to me to schedule phone call interview. I was asked about my duties , my salary history and date range of my past job. After the phone interview, the HR director again sent email with the name of hiring manager, the date and time of interview and location.

Finance Rotation Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

First round is over the phone with a corporate recruiter. Basic behavioral and resume-walk-through. Also questions about why McKesson and try to be specific. Most people who apply for this job have no idea what McKesson really does or how they make money. Do your diligence!

Invited back for the second round at the headquarters. Given a case (it's the same one every year so read up on it online) to put together and present in front of some top level people. Impressive but while the interviewers are generally nice, there are a few people that make you wonder if working there would be all frowns and leers. Again be ready to know WHY McKesson.

An impressive thing is to know what is happening in the industry, and be specific! Also know why and how McKesson has responded or lead efforts to deal with this.

Interview Questions
    • Would you prefer to work at corporate or a business unit and why?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn.
    Had phone screen with recruiter #1. Basic questions about years in my role, levels dealt with, ability to work in US, etc. Was told that the manager of the role was difficult.
    Had second phone interview with recruiter #2. Went over my resume, the set up of the dept. and more information about the role and hiring manager. Was advised that the hiring manager had a "different communication style" and was short, but still a good manager.
    Had phone interview with the hiring manager. Was asked about levels I worked with, programs I managed and their outcomes, times that I had to push back on a senior level person, and times when I was over-ruled by senior mgmt and why/how handled.
    Recruiter #2 reached out to me afterwards and said next steps will be on-site interview, I should hear back in a week. I did not hear back so I reached out, was told they were still interviewing and had some internal interest they now had to interview.
    Due to many years of interviewing I realized they would be passing on me so i thanked the recruiter for all their time.

Interview Questions
    • When was your idea over ruled by senior mgmt? Why was it and how did you react?   Answer Question

Associate - Finance Rotational Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McKesson in April 2013.

Initial interview was a phone interview. I simply walked the recruiter through my resume, answered questions about my leadership experience, and explained why I was interested in McKesson.

My second, and final step, was two 30 minute interviews and case presentation at McKesson's corporate headquarters in San Francisco. They gave me a Stanford Business School case on a startup company, SKOLAR M.D. Acting as the CFO of SKOLAR presenting to the CEO, I presented my recommendations on ways to improve the company's ability to survive for the next 2 years and its ability to raised additional funds. The presentation was 15-20 minutes with Q and A afterwards. I interviewed with the VP of Investor Relations and a senior manager from Business Development. The senior manager from Business Development was an alum of the FRDP program.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult. I was pretty much asked about my interest in McKesson and my work experience   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

>>Got contacted first over the phone by HR coordinator...gave an initial introduction to the position, what it was about, what department it related to, how much I planned to make, talked about the previous job roles and how your past experience relates to this new position, and why was it that I applied to this position.
    >> 1st responses got forwarded to Talent Acq. Advisor...had a phone interivew with a 2nd person within the next week...emphasized about my past job experiences, how my current skills fit in this new position. Discussed more in depth about the Technical Support Engineering position, what it encompasses and what products I would be supporting. Discussed about what was it that I was looking for in my job role.
    >> Talent Acq. Advisor forwarded my responses to the actual Technical support manager for whom would be my supervisor. 3rd phone interivew with Technical support manager...Again, discussed what experience I had working with customers. Asked if I had an professional experience in being able to interact with other business partners, clinicians, doctors and other medical staff. Discussed more abour the specifics of the Job role. Talked abour the Lynx Mobile system and where the company is at in changing the way healthcare is given.
    >> 3 weeks later, Got invited for a final face to face interview in San Francisco, spoke withe 3 people...Technical Manager, Project Manager, and Implementation Analyst. Everyone was friendly and very welcoming. I interviewed in the McKesson Health Specialty office that was 5 blocks from the actual headquarters building. Interview was about 2.5 hrs, about 45 mins with each person individually...Followed up with them 1 week after final interview, and got a job offer!

Interview Questions
    • What is your ideal work environment?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a moment where you had to deal with a very difficult customer. How did you diffuse the situation? What was the outcome   Answer Question
    • What is it that you are looking for in your next job role?   Answer Question
    very straight forward.