McKesson Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson (Hadley, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Had a one hour technical interview with 4 team members, of whom I would work with if I were hired. Then I sat with the branch director for a half an hour, then 2 of the managers for a half an hour, asking high level project and personal questions. Interview went very smoothly

Interview Questions

• Find errors in this code, and improve any algorithms you can.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McKesson

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Interview

The whole process lasted for a month and a half. I interviewed with 2 team leaders over the phone then interviewed with a hiring manager. We talked more about C#, Java, .Net and Agile/Scrum.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a lot of questions regarding agile and scrum   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Implement a Queue using a stack. Win32 API questions, Red black trees, What is LPARAM, WPARAM. How would you describe yourself ? Do you like working in a team/by yourselves? Biggest challenge you faced, strengths and weaknesses ?

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initially had an on campus interview scheduled online which led to an office tour / interview at the company. The tour was informative but long. Lunch was provided and I interviewed with the same employee I interviewed with the first time as well as one other person. They asked similar questions to the first interview's questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McKesson (Emeryville, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview went really well.
    A simple programming test and 4 -5 1:1 interviews after that. Overall they concentrated more on the technical skills and the experience. Also, there was some emphasis on what they are expecting from you/what their future plans are...
    One awesome from the office. Looks like office culture is very friendly in nature.

Interview Questions

• questions about any scripting language I was comfortable with... they asked me about c# basics   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson (Emeryville, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview - HR based
    Had a phone interview with the hiring manager
    Had an onsite interview.It consisted of 1:1 interview and two panel interviews.
    It was a day long interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McKesson (Cranberry, PA) in August 2010.

Interview

After applying online, the interview process started several weeks later with a phone interview where I was asked a bit about my background. I was then asked a few softball questions about C++ which gradually got more difficult, until I could no longer answer any questions (compiler specific questions about the implementation of virtual functions via v tables).

I was brought in for an in person interview about a week later. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of a number of questions from a panel about C# syntax, SQL, and database internals. I thought I did pretty well, but drew a couple of blanks with regard to simple concepts in C# that I typically don't think about or use in depth (in particular, I was asked to review some code using boxing/unboxing semantics and I couldn't tell if it would behave as expected or even compile, I am used to having a compiler and an IDE tell me that).

After the panel interview I was thanked for my time and never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• How is inheritance implemented in C++?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McKesson (Springfield, MO) in May 2009.

Interview

Interview process was average. Interviewers were nice.

Interview Questions

Salary compensation was too low.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKesson (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

There were 2 interviewers, they were really nice. One of them asked about non-technical questions, more like my transferable skills in teamwork. And he asked me to explain some projects that I did. The other one asked about technical questions. Mostly on C++.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of 1001 elements, consists all numbers from 1-1000. Only one number is repeated. Write a function that returns the repeated number.   4 Answers
    • What is one thing that you want to improve?   Answer Question
    • What is your motivation?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKesson in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was relatively easy, HR that asked all the basic questions one might expect. Tell us about a time that you face a challenge and how did you overcome it. I felt very comfortable during the entire process, and must admit that HR did a good job explaining the position responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you had a disagreement with a manager?   Answer Question