McKesson Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in May 2009.

Interview process was average. Interviewers were nice.

Interview Questions

Salary compensation was too low.

Other Interview Reviews for McKesson

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKesson in June 2011.

There were 2 interviewers, they were really nice. One of them asked about non-technical questions, more like my transferable skills in teamwork. And he asked me to explain some projects that I did. The other one asked about technical questions. Mostly on C++.

Interview Questions
    • Given an array of 1001 elements, consists all numbers from 1-1000. Only one number is repeated. Write a function that returns the repeated number.   View Answers (4)
    • What is one thing that you want to improve?   Answer Question
    • What is your motivation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McKesson in April 2011.

The interview went really well.
    A simple programming test and 4 -5 1:1 interviews after that. Overall they concentrated more on the technical skills and the experience. Also, there was some emphasis on what they are expecting from you/what their future plans are...
    One awesome from the office. Looks like office culture is very friendly in nature.

Interview Questions
    • questions about any scripting language I was comfortable with... they asked me about c# basics   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson in November 2010.

Had a phone interview - HR based
    Had a phone interview with the hiring manager
    Had an onsite interview.It consisted of 1:1 interview and two panel interviews.
    It was a day long interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McKesson in March 2009.

Phone screen first then face to face

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McKesson in August 2010.

After applying online, the interview process started several weeks later with a phone interview where I was asked a bit about my background. I was then asked a few softball questions about C++ which gradually got more difficult, until I could no longer answer any questions (compiler specific questions about the implementation of virtual functions via v tables).

I was brought in for an in person interview about a week later. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of a number of questions from a panel about C# syntax, SQL, and database internals. I thought I did pretty well, but drew a couple of blanks with regard to simple concepts in C# that I typically don't think about or use in depth (in particular, I was asked to review some code using boxing/unboxing semantics and I couldn't tell if it would behave as expected or even compile, I am used to having a compiler and an IDE tell me that).

After the panel interview I was thanked for my time and never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
    • How is inheritance implemented in C++?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKesson in April 2011.

Phone interview was relatively easy, HR that asked all the basic questions one might expect. Tell us about a time that you face a challenge and how did you overcome it. I felt very comfortable during the entire process, and must admit that HR did a good job explaining the position responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of a time when you had a disagreement with a manager?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Initially had an on campus interview scheduled online which led to an office tour / interview at the company. The tour was informative but long. Lunch was provided and I interviewed with the same employee I interviewed with the first time as well as one other person. They asked similar questions to the first interview's questions.