McKinley, Inc.

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.5

I applied online – interviewed at McKinley, Inc..

I saw the ad on Careerbuilder and clicked to the McKinley site. On the McKinley site I entered my resume and got an email. I answered some questions and then got another email to set up a phone interview with a HR girl. The interview was maybe 20 minutes and talked a lot about my other sales experience and what the McKinley job was all about. Then I got an email saying thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McKinley, Inc. in February 2015.

Scripted telephone interview. I would like to express that in my opinion this type of interview is not the best process to rely on for screening out applicants. I have excellent experience as well as references but was not afforded an opportunity for a face to face interview. I can only guess that there were certain words or phrases for desired responses that I did not respond with. I have never rated myself as a superstar interviewee but even less so over the phone as I believe "the proof is in the pudding" and I tend to relax and open up more while interacting in person.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked questions about actual improvements or the impact my management experience/style had on the communities I have been involved with. Such as "why does my style of management seem to aid the community in increased occupancy and revenue" or "how do you deal with delinquency" or "what sort of methods have you utilized to market your properties" or "do you create a set of standards for your maintenance personnel and contractors"?   View Answer

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online – interviewed at McKinley, Inc. in February 2015.

Initial written questions, noted below. It was good to have the opportunity to think of your response. From then a phone interview was scheduled within a couple days. The Interviewer was half hour late and then was unfortunately rushed and preoccupied when we finally spoke. After 15 minutes, I should have rescheduled.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What do you think is the worst "best practice" in businesses today
      and why?
      2. When have you failed and what did you learn from it?
      3. Where do you need to learn, grow and develop?

Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McKinley, Inc. in February 2015.

Two of my co-workers have already shared their unpleasant experience from the interview process with McKinley, Inc. I did not want to be discouraged so easily though and decided to try this hat on me. During short phone interview conducted by the same person for all of us at different times, we immediately got a letter declining us as candidates. I have been very fortunate to work for a leading company in the property management for past 5 years. My time with the company has been very rewarding. I gained tremendous experience over these years. The only reason why I am looking for a job is due to the sale of the community. I have a feeling that McKinley is like a club, where you have to be a member of, to be considered. I was not impressed with the questions I have been asked. It seems like old school to me.

Interview Questions
    • Please give an example of your exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

I can't even get an interview. ..says automatic feedback. How does a computer know?
    I've applied for several positions over the months. I can make a solid contribution to this company. Very disappointed

Interview Questions
    • On the website. ...what was a big selling point in your career   View Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valrico, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Valrico, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at McKinley, Inc. in January 2015.

If you hahe too much of experience and many years working I n apartment don't apply to work in Bloomingdale Woods, they are afraid to have someone to save money anddo the job done instead of contractors.

Customer Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McKinley, Inc. in January 2015.

I was contacted by a recruiter from their HR department. The questions were all situational. For example: Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a resident. Another question: Tell me about a time you handled an unhappy resident and what was the outcome". The interviewer was reading through a large list of questions and typing my answers as we went along. She let me know she would be forwarding me on to the Regional for the next step. I received an email from him the same day with 3 questions to answer. 1. Why is customer service so important in this industry? 2. What motivates you as a professional? 3. Why are you interested in joining McKinley as the next step in your career? Immediately after receiving my answers he emailed me back to set up a face to face interview. The face to face interview was exactly the same as the telephone interview with HR. Every single question was exactly the same and in the same order. Repeating the same interview verbatim seemed like a missed opportunity to get to know me but I am sure it is by design. I received an email the next day stating that they were going to continue their search.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were situational, so coming up with stories and examples is a little exhausting.   Answer Question

Assistant Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at McKinley, Inc. in January 2015.

Lengthy process. An interview questionnaire, a phone interview, another phone interview, a Skype, some property shops. It was exhausting but made me feel good about what the job really was about and what they expect from this job. It also made me feel good that if I ask questions they will be to people who went through the long process too and are very qualified.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about things you've done in the past that have or haven't worked.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at McKinley, Inc..

The start of the interviewing went great with the emails from HR answering questions. The face to face was a unprofessional experience where I took off time from work in order to attend the interview then the employer claimed to have a emergency within minutes of me being there..She asked If I reschedule or wait which i opted to wait. She then called the manager at that location advising she had to reschedule. I received an email that afternoon to come in the following morning which I couldn't so I asked to see if Monday would work best. The interview time had passed and still no answer so the I had to follow up myself with another email. Finally after hearing back with the time of the interview the employer arrived 15 minutes passed time she mentioned and immediately started with questions upon asking the manager sitting at the desk to leave.

Interview Questions
    • what was your most diffucult experience and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McKinley, Inc..

applied on line. Received an email that they have received my resume and to answer 3 questions.
    I answered the questions and sent back. They stated based on my 3 answers I was not a good fit since most of the job requirement was "letter writing". Now being in the business for a long time "letter writing" is not usually on the top of your priority list as daily tasks to complete. Customer service, following a budget, renewals, collections, marketing and training are. With this type of criteria, I understand why this position has been posted on 3 separate occasions over last 6-9 months. It is obvious to me that they are looking for a novelist not a CM.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What do you think is the worst "best practice" in businesses today and why?   View Answer