McKinley, Inc.

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.5

Property Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at McKinley, Inc..

Have not had my interview yet. I was contacted by HR to answer 3 questions in which I submitted. I then received a email informing me that my application has been received and if a fit is match I will be contacted.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked 3 questions. 1 work related and 2 personal. These questions do not show my ability of the several years of experience that I have in property management.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at McKinley, Inc. in October 2013.

I was contacted by phone two days after applying. I was promptly scheduled for a phone interview that lasted around 20 minutes. After that phone interview, I was called in for an onsite interview. At that point, I met with three different people and was offered a position. There was a waiting time between after the accepted offer before being able to start. McKinley provided intial training and an online introduction to their culture which was very helpful.

Interview Questions
    I accepted their offer on the spot.

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKinley, Inc. in November 2013.

Long. Got a email from HR then responded and she called and set up a phone interview. Then we talked for 15-20 minutes and then I was sent to a regional to interview with. He emailed me and scheduled an interview for 2 days later. We met at a property and talked for maybe 20 minutes. I had another interview over Skype then got the job. It was quite the process.

No negotiation. COmmission sales job

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McKinley, Inc. in August 2012.

McKinley uses behavioral based interview questions so be ready with examples of when you have been successful in the past. My experience involved a quick phone interview (conversational) and a group interview with the team members I was supporting and the VP. I was extended an offer later that day and given about 3 days to make a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have failed to meet a deadline or requirements of a project.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is an option

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McKinley, Inc. in February 2013.

Incredibly thorough. Got a call real quick from the recruiter and she didn't surprise me with an immediate interview but scheduled a time to talk when I could think about things before. I appreciated that. The interview was very casual more like a conversation and lasted about 45 minutes. Then I was told to go to the apartment community and submit a report which I did. After that I met with a Regional Director for coffee and that was about 30 minutes. I had a video interview with another person and then another interview before I got the offer. I thought it was a bit much but looking back I understand why so thorough. There has been hardly any manager turnover in Florida and it felt good being picked out of that big group.

Interview Questions
    • Not an interview question but being told to go "shop" a property. There was little guidance but I later found out this was intentional. I did my best and it worked.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. The offer was a lot more than I made before coming.

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at McKinley, Inc. in February 2014.

It was very casual and very quick. I would call my experience rather unprofessional and I was very misled. The questions were basic and very similar to interviews I've had very hourly jobs.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions, it could have been conducted by a high schooler.   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at McKinley, Inc. in February 2014.

Initial communication came from the corporate office in Michigan. I had a short phone interview with an HR person who then told me that she would give my information to the Leasing Director at the property at which I had applied. I received a phone call the next day from the Director & we set up an in-person interview for the next morning.

The interview was fairly informal. We went over what was listed on my resume and talked about my qualifications. The Director also gave me information about the property and what projects they currently had going. We also discussed salary and commission, as well as, working hours. I would say the in-person interview took about 30-40 minutes. We shook hands and I left with a smile on my face. I was very optimistic about being offered the job, as I was very qualified for the position I had applied for - Senior Sales Associate.

The next day, I received a phone call from the Leasing Director with a job offer. After I said I was very excited to accept, she then explained to me that they didn't feel I was "qualified" to be a Senior Sales Associate, so they wanted to offer me a position as a Leasing Consultant. It was not salary and paid a little bit less than Senior Sales, but I was promised to be promoted within a couple of months after I had learned the "McKinley way." I still accepted with the understanding that I would be promoted and that I would be sufficiently trained to prepare me for my promotion. Unfortunately, neither of those promises were kept and I left the company after working there for about 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a distressed resident?   View Answer
    There really was no "negotiation." I was told that I was not being offered the position I had originally applied for and that they could only offer me a position one step lower. I was promised training and a promotion, but that was not something that they followed through with after I started.

Tenant Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McKinley, Inc. in May 2014.

My initial contact was through a phone interview. The interview as very easy, Carly was so polite and kind. The 1:1 was like talking to 2 friends. It was very informative and comfortable. The atmosphere of the employees in the office was so inviting. They were friendly and I watched the interaction they had with each other. I walked out of the building thinking how obvious it was that McKinley goes above and beyond to create a great atmosphere for their employees and it would be a great place to work

Community Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at McKinley, Inc. in March 2014.

Was initially contacted by HR in the corporate office in Michigan and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview took approximately 30 minutes and was fairly standard. Following the phone interview I was scheduled to meet with the Regional Manager for my particular location, and met with him the following week. I was offered the position but upon touring the property (C-Level, AT BEST) and meeting with the rest of the staff I declined. I wasn't impressed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. All general questions, they focus more on your personal background.   Answer Question

The property was rough and the staff was unprofessional.

Community Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at McKinley, Inc..

I went through the phone interview process, then on to the shopping the community. After I completed that I was told that a regional director would contact me. I received a form letter saying they found someone better qualified, its still listed as open.

Worked for McKinley, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!