McKinley, Inc.

Updated Oct 12, 2014
Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.5

Bilingual Community Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKinley, Inc..

I was contacted within a couple of days after submitting my resume via email. I was asked via email to answer 3 questions which I did and responded via email on ha same day. I did no hear back again until the next week. I had in the meantime sen a follow up email since I had seen my status on their website as phone interview. I was hen contacted for a phone interview for the next day. However, 30 minuets prior to the scheduled phone interview I received an email saying the position had been filled from within and was no longer available.

Interview Questions
    • None. I felt that the initial 3 questions were appropriate.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McKinley, Inc. in October 2014.

I applied online and was contacted via email for an interview. I made an appointment for a phone interview and was contacted by a female from HR. She asked me many typical interview questions, as if she was reading from a script. She was very unpersonalized and unprofessional. I have over twelve years of experience as a Property Manager with large properties. After the interview I received an email stating the position was filled. My advice, hire a new recruiter to interview and take notice of the applicant who got away.

Property Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McKinley, Inc..

Have not had my interview yet. I was contacted by HR to answer 3 questions in which I submitted. I then received a email informing me that my application has been received and if a fit is match I will be contacted.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked 3 questions. 1 work related and 2 personal. These questions do not show my ability of the several years of experience that I have in property management.   Answer Question

Tenant Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McKinley, Inc. in May 2014.

My initial contact was through a phone interview. The interview as very easy, Carly was so polite and kind. The 1:1 was like talking to 2 friends. It was very informative and comfortable. The atmosphere of the employees in the office was so inviting. They were friendly and I watched the interaction they had with each other. I walked out of the building thinking how obvious it was that McKinley goes above and beyond to create a great atmosphere for their employees and it would be a great place to work

Community Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at McKinley, Inc..

I went through the phone interview process, then on to the shopping the community. After I completed that I was told that a regional director would contact me. I received a form letter saying they found someone better qualified, its still listed as open.

Community Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McKinley, Inc. in March 2014.

Was initially contacted by HR in the corporate office in Michigan and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview took approximately 30 minutes and was fairly standard. Following the phone interview I was scheduled to meet with the Regional Manager for my particular location, and met with him the following week. I was offered the position but upon touring the property (C-Level, AT BEST) and meeting with the rest of the staff I declined. I wasn't impressed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. All general questions, they focus more on your personal background.   Answer Question

The property was rough and the staff was unprofessional.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McKinley, Inc. in February 2014.

Initial communication came from the corporate office in Michigan. I had a short phone interview with an HR person who then told me that she would give my information to the Leasing Director at the property at which I had applied. I received a phone call the next day from the Director & we set up an in-person interview for the next morning.

The interview was fairly informal. We went over what was listed on my resume and talked about my qualifications. The Director also gave me information about the property and what projects they currently had going. We also discussed salary and commission, as well as, working hours. I would say the in-person interview took about 30-40 minutes. We shook hands and I left with a smile on my face. I was very optimistic about being offered the job, as I was very qualified for the position I had applied for - Senior Sales Associate.

The next day, I received a phone call from the Leasing Director with a job offer. After I said I was very excited to accept, she then explained to me that they didn't feel I was "qualified" to be a Senior Sales Associate, so they wanted to offer me a position as a Leasing Consultant. It was not salary and paid a little bit less than Senior Sales, but I was promised to be promoted within a couple of months after I had learned the "McKinley way." I still accepted with the understanding that I would be promoted and that I would be sufficiently trained to prepare me for my promotion. Unfortunately, neither of those promises were kept and I left the company after working there for about 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a distressed resident?   View Answer
    There really was no "negotiation." I was told that I was not being offered the position I had originally applied for and that they could only offer me a position one step lower. I was promised training and a promotion, but that was not something that they followed through with after I started.

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKinley, Inc. in February 2014.

It was very casual and very quick. I would call my experience rather unprofessional and I was very misled. The questions were basic and very similar to interviews I've had very hourly jobs.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions, it could have been conducted by a high schooler.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McKinley, Inc..

Nice ad placed online for a position I really hoped for. After a few days I got a call from HR to do a brief phone interview, she was polite and got me excited to talk to the next person in line. A week later I received that interview call and believed I had done my best with the questions that were thrown at me. Not a lot about who I am as a person and how I could bring my personality and years of customer service and rental experience to the company. The interviewer dwelled on team motivation and how I could bring that to the job. Not that the question was an issue , not worth 10 of the maybe 30 minutes of the interview. The young girl who interviewed me could not even share anything about the property other then how many units and that it wasn't brand new. How many people apply for a job and not know where your going to work at ? I found that very unprofessional as well as the interviewer reading a scripted questionnaire .Unfortunately my door never opened with this company and I have to really say everything happens for a reason. Huge concerns about promises that the company tells you in the brief interview. On to bigger and better opportunities.

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKinley, Inc. in November 2013.

Long. Got a email from HR then responded and she called and set up a phone interview. Then we talked for 15-20 minutes and then I was sent to a regional to interview with. He emailed me and scheduled an interview for 2 days later. We met at a property and talked for maybe 20 minutes. I had another interview over Skype then got the job. It was quite the process.

No negotiation. COmmission sales job