McKinley, Inc.

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Champaign, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McKinley, Inc. in February 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication came from the corporate office in Michigan. I had a short phone interview with an HR person who then told me that she would give my information to the Leasing Director at the property at which I had applied. I received a phone call the next day from the Director & we set up an in-person interview for the next morning.

The interview was fairly informal. We went over what was listed on my resume and talked about my qualifications. The Director also gave me information about the property and what projects they currently had going. We also discussed salary and commission, as well as, working hours. I would say the in-person interview took about 30-40 minutes. We shook hands and I left with a smile on my face. I was very optimistic about being offered the job, as I was very qualified for the position I had applied for - Senior Sales Associate.

The next day, I received a phone call from the Leasing Director with a job offer. After I said I was very excited to accept, she then explained to me that they didn't feel I was "qualified" to be a Senior Sales Associate, so they wanted to offer me a position as a Leasing Consultant. It was not salary and paid a little bit less than Senior Sales, but I was promised to be promoted within a couple of months after I had learned the "McKinley way." I still accepted with the understanding that I would be promoted and that I would be sufficiently trained to prepare me for my promotion. Unfortunately, neither of those promises were kept and I left the company after working there for about 3 months.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a distressed resident?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really was no "negotiation." I was told that I was not being offered the position I had originally applied for and that they could only offer me a position one step lower. I was promised training and a promotion, but that was not something that they followed through with after I started.

Taylor, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at McKinley, Inc. in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and followed up with a phone interview. Interview with the Regional Sales Director went well, very high energy manager with nothing but great things to say about the company. Second interview was with the community manager in which I connected with right off the bat! They do a background check and a drug screen which is great!

Interview Question – I cant remember   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations at all- pretty cut and dry

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McKinley, Inc. in May 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was very straight forward. Asked me about my past sales experience and also experience working in the office with other people. It was no longer than 30 minutes and was told that I had the job.

Interview Question – What would you consider your worst attribute is?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Interviews for Top Jobs at McKinley, Inc.

Worked for McKinley, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!