McKinney

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Planner Interview

Account Planner
Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McKinney in June 2010.

Interview Details – Long day of about 10 interviews, each a half hour or more. I interviewed with a wide range of employees, from creative to media to account to strategy. I also met with a lot of the agency leadership, which was nice.

Interview Question – No curveballs, all the questions were kind of what you would expect.   Answer Question

Freelance Talent Coordinator Interview

Freelance Talent Coordinator
Durham, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at McKinney in March 2014.

Interview Details – Met with four people (on three separate interviews) on Talent Coordination team. All were extremely nice and welcoming. Office space is amazing and conducive to creativeness. Company seems to have exciting opportunities and clients. Employees seem happy and enjoy working there. The campus is on American Tobacco campus, which has great restaurants, cafes and open areas.

Interview Question – Asked if I was prepared to be managed. (I have owned my own business for several years).   View Answer

Designer Interview

Designer
Durham, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKinney in September 2010.

Interview Details – Great hiring process. Interviewed with a lot of people from different teams. Was taken out to lunch by someone in the position I was applying for. Really great.

Interview Question – I honestly can't remember.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no wiggle room with my offer.

Broadcast Producer Interview

Broadcast Producer
Durham, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at McKinney in April 2010.

Interview Details – McKinney is very thorough in their interviewing process. You will be interviewed by peers, potential creative team, account team, head of PR and anyone inbetween. The questions are geared toward their values and your competition is high.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years and why   Answer Question

Agency Communications Intern Interview

Agency Communications Intern
Durham, NC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at McKinney in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had spoken with multiple people in the agency which basically got the through the first round and into interviews. Interviewed with two different people that I would potentially be working with. Both were very nice and they let me know when I would be informed about their decision. One of them gave a short tour for me and it looks like an awesome place to work.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult but they really want to know if your heart is set on the job.   Answer Question

Intern (Mtern) Interview

Intern (Mtern)
Durham, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McKinney in August 2012.

Interview Details – I got my interview based on a personal connection from one of my professors at school. Ordinarily, you obtain an interview by way of applying at their website, but in any case, the interview took place on-site, and was proctored in a sort of take-a-tour and ask questions way. I interviewed with not only my boss, but also the director he works under, and it was very casual, focusing on personal life and goals, as well as the culture of the company. They are simply trying to figure out if you are reliable, creative, and to the best of their ascertaining, talented. McKinney is a wonderful, wonderful company to work for, so if you are fortunate enough to get the position, take full advantage of the opportunity!

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions on my interviews, only that they try to understand how you think. Make sure to be articulate, informed about McKinney projects and success stories, and be well-versed in the culture. DO NOT dress up for the interviews -- it would be very awkward to seem overly-dressy for the interview, since it is a casual and creative environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You must exchange the internship for college credit. They have a sort of orientation thing where they set up your computer and get you familiar with the process and the office. How much time you spend in the office is between you and your boss (you'll want to spend time in the space, though, because it's incredible!), but be forewarned that they require 15 hours per week at minimum.

Collateral/Production Artist Interview

Collateral/Production Artist
Durham, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKinney in May 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed with three members of the Studio/Production department. Also had to take tests to measure competence in Photoshop and InDesign and provide portfolio. Standard interview questions asked from list of questions furnished by HR. Nothing shocking.

Interview Question – What's the biggest problem you've had to face and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it salary offer.

Account Manager, Intern Interview

Account Manager, Intern
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McKinney in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for the internship program as an account manager. Was contacted in a timely manner regarding the position. The phone interview was great, the recruiter was very easy-going and held the interview in an informal manner. I talked to her for about 30 minutes, and was told I would be contacted again by the lady I would be working under. The phone interview was very similar to the first one, and afterwards was told I would be contacted once again for another phone interview. I was called, but instead of a phone interview, I was offered the internship and we discussed hours.

Interview Question – What do you like to do?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at McKinney in March 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview session I met with two women 1:1- the woman in charge of internships and a women on their talent management team. When I got called back to the second interview session I met with with people from the account that I wanted to work on. Conversation was casual- they were both extremely easy to talk to- no questions that were out of the blue- Whats my favorite brand? What is my favorite commercial right now? Why did I want to intern with McKinney? Why did I want to work no that specific account, etc.

Interview Question – Why McKinney?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKinney in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online because I liked the work that McKinney has done and wanted to intern at the company. I was emailed by an HR associate and we set up a phone interview. I was then scheduled for a series of two interviews with people on the team I would be working with.

Interview Question – How would you describe yourself in five words?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for McKinney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McKinney interview questions and advice in Durham, NC. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by McKinney employees and interview candidates.