McKinsey & Company Business Analyst Intern Interview Questions

4.0

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

Resume drop at school, went to Boston for an Aptitude test and 2 50 minute 1 on 1 interviews with half on a case and half experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Two rounds of typical McKinsey interviews (~15 minute fit + ~35 minute case); first round was with an Associate and an EM and the second round was with an EM and Partner. The partner skipped the fit part and only did case. I got called an hour after both interviews to notify me of their decisions. Very enjoyable interview process and very warm interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Cannot disclose, but it was 4 typical case questions very similar to what you'd see in Case in Point (more data heavy though.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, it's an internship.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Moscow (Russia)) in November 2012.

Interview

Moscow office HR managers are horrible, breaking every single promise (around 20 of them) they themselves give. Internship is post-undergrad, and you need to get past PST (test) and 2 interviews to get the offer. The criteria are not that high. You just have to be reasonably good at cases, and that's it. It is usual McKinsey-style interviewer-led cases mostly making sure you are smart enough, not requiring a lot of preparation (forget hundreds of mock case-interviews and all these frameworks). Just answer the questions in a logical manner and have good business judgement and you'll be fine. Shortly, be smart.