Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at McKinsey & Company
- Associate (198)
- Business Analyst (178)
- Consultant (73)
- Associate Consultant (44)
- Summer Associate (40)
- Summer Business Analyst (28)
- Analyst (24)
- Intern (19)
- Junior Associate (19)
- Management Consultant Associate (19)
- Research Analyst (17)
- Executive Assistant (11)
- Summer Analyst (10)
- Management Consultant (9)
- Junior Research Analyst (9)
- Fellow (8)
- Senior Associate (6)
- Implementation Coach (6)
- Management Consultant Business Analyst (5)
- Engagement Manager (5)
- BA (4)
- Junior Consultant (4)
- Business Presentation Specialist (4)
- Business Analyst Intern (3)
- Business Analyst/Management Consultant (3)
- Summer Associate (Management Consultant) (3)
- Junior Business Analyst (3)
- Senior Business Analyst (3)
- Consulting (3)
- Senior Research Analyst (3)
Business Analyst Intern Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA) in July 2010.
Resume drop at school, went to Boston for an Aptitude test and 2 50 minute 1 on 1 interviews with half on a case and half experience.
- When did you resolve a conflict within a team? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company
Business Analyst Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks – interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in February 2013.
Applied through on-campus recruiting. Two rounds of typical McKinsey interviews (~15 minute fit + ~35 minute case); first round was with an Associate and an EM and the second round was with an EM and Partner. The partner skipped the fit part and only did case.
I got called an hour after both interviews to notify me of their decisions.
Very enjoyable interview process and very warm interviewers.
- Cannot disclose, but it was 4 typical case questions very similar to what you'd see in Case in Point (more data heavy though.) 1 Answer
Did not negotiate, it's an internship.
Business Analyst Intern InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks – interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Moscow (Russia)) in November 2012.
Moscow office HR managers are horrible, breaking every single promise (around 20 of them) they themselves give.
Internship is post-undergrad, and you need to get past PST (test) and 2 interviews to get the offer.
The criteria are not that high. You just have to be reasonably good at cases, and that's it. It is usual McKinsey-style interviewer-led cases mostly making sure you are smart enough, not requiring a lot of preparation (forget hundreds of mock case-interviews and all these frameworks). Just answer the questions in a logical manner and have good business judgement and you'll be fine. Shortly, be smart.
- Nothing too hard. Answer Question