McKinsey & Company

4.0

167 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKinsey & Company in September 2014.

Recruited on-campus, initial resume drop and many events to network with employees at McKinsey, then attended first round on-campus. 2 45 minute case interviews, each with a case and fit questions. Be prepared for interviewer-driven type cases about anything. Also, fit focused on only one extracurricular, and drove down to specifics of every action and conversation you had, so practice your fit well.

Interview Questions
  • Questions drove deep about specific experience and what you specifically did in each scenario   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interviewed as a senior in college. They expected that i attended the information session, which seemed sensible to me. The interview involved a case question, as well as ample time for questions at the end. The interviewer was just a few years out of college, and pulled from an office from the other coast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at McKinsey & Company in July 2014.

Experienced hire. Standard PEI and cases. Nothing very surprising in terms of the content of the interview. The most important thing is to be able to think fast and accurately under stress. The interviewers are all very friendly and really do help you relax. They really want you to succeed and do guide you when you are stuck. Great firm culture and very enjoyable interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Dig deeper and draw implications on very vaguely drawn charts/exhibits.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Got invited to apply through school University Career Center and the online career website.
    First round interview was in Chicago. Met with two interviewers, one Associate one Engagement Manager
    Both interview was an hour long, 1 behavioral question ( tell me about a challenging situation and how your react to the situation), 1 case study ( math + logic )

Second round interview was in office. Met with three interviewers, one Industry specialist, one engagement manager and a partner. Similar form and same type of behavioral question, but the case study was less structured.

One highlight about the interview is that you got assigned a "buddy" who is currently a BA or Associate from the office you are applying to after you entered second round interview.

The strucutre of interview was very organized.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are structured, was surprised by one of the case study where I was asked about the basic physics concept.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Recruiter for the local office reached out to my school and I was recommended through a professor. Did a phone case study screen which was fairly straight forward. Didn't have a ton of time to prep but did ok. 1st round interview consisted if 2 hour long interviews with two different people. The first half hour of each was behavioral where we delved into one anecdotal experience VERY in depth. I was not prepared for the level of detail they wanted me to come up with ( think very specific conversation details). Then the second half was a case study. Fairly straight forward if you've prepared for it but the math tripped me up big time. Best advice is to practice cases until you can do them in your sleep.

Interview Questions
    • Market analysis for an online order and delivery grocery service to determine if and where they should expand in Europe.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

First round interview: 1 case = 15 minute behavioral based on one initial question and some follow up questions. 45 minute case. 2 cases for the first round.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Cases are straightforward. They ask a lot of follow ups on the behavioral, so know your story.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Everything is almost the same as the official website. Passed resume screening, did PST on Wednesday and 1st round interview on Friday. Next Monday night one of the interviewers called me to announce their decision and provide feedback. At the office they provided profile of everyone's interviewers, so that people can know their background and likely industry of the cases that may be used in the interview.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

First round with two cases, pretty straightforward. Second round with three cases with partners. Cases including business situations and estimation questions.
    Both partners and consultants were pretty friendly, gave me feedback at each round and encouraged me to apply again.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate grocery store yearly revenue in two different ways.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKinsey & Company in October 2013.

I was brought in for an interview for a BA role in Boston, and ended up going through two case interviews and one problem solving test. Each of the three parts was an hour long, and the most intimidating one was the first case interview. I felt it was more challenging because I never did case interviews before (other than with peers). The second case went better, but my feedback, after being declined for a second and final round interview was because of my poor performance on the first case.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you were faced with a difficult problem and how did you solve it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKinsey & Company in October 2013.

Took the PST on campus on a Monday, had first round interviews at the office that week consisting of 2 case interviews. Notified of final round interviews the following week, and flew to the office that Friday. Was told I had an offer a few hours after the final interviews (3 case interviews with Partners)

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you have been thinking about recently? (Philosophically, something about what's going on in the world)   Answer Question