McKinsey & Company Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

4.0

Intern Interview

Interview

First round interview is made up of a personal experience section (Tell me about a time when you encountered difficulties working in a team? What did you do to overcome them?), a case, and then time for questions. Most difficult part is the case, make sure to do live practices with as many people as you can to prepare!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

- Apply via on-line application/on-campus application
    - Received interview invitation and did interview in office
    - Had two 1-1 interview in the morning and knew the result half an hour after an interview
    - Interview lasted about 45 minutes each, including 'case' for 30 minutes and 'fit questions' for 15 minutes.
    - If pass the first round, the second round will take place in the afternoon and the result will be known on the same day.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

The written exam is hard, especially under time pressure. After that, two group interviews which helped us to go through the whole cases.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Case Study written test- 3 business cases were given and had to solve multiple choice questions
    HR Interview - the Panel was very nice and friendly, questions were a bit tricky, guesstimate question was very easy.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied McK for regular internship program. I submitted resume with essay through email. 5 days later, I got an interview guide letter. Next day morning, i did 1 hour home research test, then went to McK office and did 2 more interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

2 round interviews + timed questionnaire

Interview Questions

• What was the time when you had to pass through your opinion against someone who thought differently than you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Start with general CV questions. 3 essential skills. a simple case study.

Intern Interview

Interview

Prepare to McKinsey PST, control your anxiety and manage time

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKinsey & Company (London, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

The recruitment process consisted of a reasoning test and a series of interviews with partners.
    The multiple-choice test reflects some of the work that consultants do and thus is structured around several imaginary assignments or consulting projects. For each assignment, the candidate has to answer several questions that follow the process of examining and analyzing a situation presented, going from more general to specific. Questions test several skills, such as quick and precise calculations, data extraction and interpretation, logical inference, reading and comrehension.

The interviews were partner-led for me: first, there were questions about my background and experiences, followed by a case exercise. The partners presented a situation that they had to deal with and then ask questions that require the intervieweeto identify possible causes, information required to solve the problem, do basic calculations, etc. The biggest challenge with the interviews is the time pressure: the interviewee has only maybe 30 seconds to answer each question before the partner goes to the next one. Also, the company requires the answers to be structured in a very clear and specific way. Therefore my advice to anyone preparing for an interview would be to dedicate at least 15-20 hours to serious preparation using consulting interview guides, books, and other material, because the proper structure that McKinsey expects from your answers must come out automatically, without you thinking.

Intern Interview

Interview

I wrote a test and 2 rounds of interviews, each consisting of 2 back-to-back interviews of 45 minutes. I wrote the test at university, the 1st round of interviews was at a hotel, and the final round was held at their offices. The test was MCQ and the time limit made it so difficult.

Interview Questions

• The test was the most difficult test I've written in my life.   Answer Question